[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Okay, I won’t do that, @Peter_Kawa. I have a lot of Smart Plugs. The status of the plugs is not current. When I switch on a plug via the SmartLife app, the Homey app indicates that the plug is switched off.

1 Like

I can’t relate to the smart plug status sync issue.
I made a screenvid.
“Lamp Aanrecht” is a smart plug device.
(The small light circle pop-up, is me touching the screen)

Thanks for the video! I don’t understand why it’s not working with me. Is it possible it has something to do with this?

The current test version is submitted for certification to publish to normal channel. After approval for normal channel the test version will be updated with support for windowscover and motion sensor.

1 Like

Great news! Thanks Jurgen.

YW!
Maybe restarting the TC app makes a difference. I’ve no idea really.

1 Like

Hi,

I recently bought 3 wifi contact (door/window) sensors. I included them in the Tuya app. However I cannot add them through the tuya cloud app in homey. I forgot to check support for these devices. Would it be possible to add these. Do you have plans to develop this? Or is there another way to get them into Homey. I can help testing if needed.

I Also bought two motion sensors, same issue…

Thanks!

Maarten

FYI One thingy about rgbw lights: After restarting (& updating) the app, the color indicators change from the selected white shade to random colors. The lights remain unaltered.
So it’s only the color indicators, and no big deal to me.

I don’t use the Tuya Cloud app. I’m using SmartLife. I will try to reset a Smart Plug and see what it does.

Hello everyone, I have an issue with Tuya Cloud / Homey Pro and my Wifi Multisocket (4 + USB) device.

It works fine when I power on / off using the device itself, but when I want to control the socket from a Flow, it doesn’t work.

The flow execute just fine, I can see the log entries in the device (activation / deactivation from Tuya Cloud), but the socket itself is not powered on or off.

I checked my config on the Tuya IoT cloud but couldn’t find anything, single control of the sockets from Homey app works just fine. Only the Flows can not change the state of the socket (on / off).

I read the entire thread but couldn’t find any clue about my issue, anyone can help me please ?

Create a app specific diagnostic report so I can see if something going wrong. Put your forum name in message and post I’d here

I just created a report after running some test to trigger flows.

Here’s the id of the report a0c17ac9-80b9-4d0d-8221-205d36c61b98

Thank you for your help

I see error messages that device does not exist. Please delete device from homey and pair again. After pair, restart the app( just to be sure) and try again. If this does not help, please send diagnostic again.

I did exactly what you suggested, but same behavior, socket state doesn’t change on physical device.

Here’s the new report id e68d9db8-9bf8-4b87-8a95-e46d5beb7fc4

I see in log that errors are gone now, but I also not see expected behaviour. According the log, the Homey capablity is correctly set, but when a capability is set, there is a trigger for sending the command to Tuya. Trigger is not fired by Homey and therefore sending the command is also not happening. Can you try test version, I see you are on normal version. It’s maybe already fixed there.

I have added the smart plugs again through Homey. Some are working now, some are not. In settings I set API to Use official only. When I add a new smart plug to Smart Life and set a name the name is different when I want to add the plug to Homey. Looks like I see standard name. But I can add the plug and then rename it. Some plugs can show the actual power. I don’t see that in Homey. Then the plug continues to indicate a fixed value. It doesn’t change to actual power.

When I remove a plug from Smart Life it’s still vissible when I try to add new plugs in Homey.

Thank you for the tip, I just installed the Test version and now I have Device Status notification working.

When I switch on/off sockets on the physical device, I get state update in Homey.

I did the same process as before, unpair device, pair it again, restart app, then test state change directly from the button, and after tested the flows.

But unfortunately Flows still don’t trigger state change

Here’s the report id 1abcd6dc-5507-48a3-8b31-3c3f3b86363c

@jethrolaclass, I hoped it was fixed in test version, but it needs more investigation why the behaviour is not as expected.

@Ralph_Z, Handling of deletion and renaming is not implemented yet. They are on todo list, but with minor priority. Energy is implemented in test version and not in stable version. But it’s untested by myself because I don’t have such a device. I don’t know if you are using the test version, if not then power does indeed not work because it’s not impleted there yet. If you are using the test version, then you are the first with remark for power. In that case I need a diagnostic report to see what’s wrong.

1 Like

@Jurgen_Heine

That explains it :slight_smile: .

I’m on test version. Somehow the smart plugs now shows the power. But it doesn’t show the correct value. For example: In SmartLife I see 95,2 W usage. In Homey it shows 952 W. This is with all plugs. There must be a comma between.

1 Like

@Ralph_Z, thanks for the info. My assumption was the values ​​would be in watts, I thought I read it in documentation, but apparently they are in tenths of watts. I will change it in code and devide the values by 10. It will be released in next test release.

3 Likes