[APP][Pro] Tasmota MQTT

@SilverApe Maybe I just unlucky, waited 7 weeks for my latest order from sonoff shop. Thanks for the links will order some of them.

@PascalB Thanks for the test! Will do my best :slight_smile:

Hi @pavlo,
A donation for your effort is in place here. So you can buy things that are needed to develop this app. I really appreciate your work on this app :+1:

Maybe others who value this app could jump in to and make a donation?

Thank you @SilverApe so much :slight_smile:

Hello, When I consulted the log of the MQTT Broker, it seems that I was not registered with the MQTT client. I may have programmed the topic or the IP incorrectly? Thank you for your advice I hope to find the solution. For information I have updated the Tasmota MQTT application to version 4.5.

Yes, I’ve checked beforehand and double-checked just now.
I have version 4.5 and still don’t have the device in my Google Home.
But since @PascalB got it to work I’ll try some things and report back
@PascalB did you delete and re-add the device?

[Edit]
Google Assistant service sync was turned off (although I always have it enabled). After enabling and forcing an sync the device appeared.
Thank you!

1 Like

@Robin_van_Kekem Thanks for the information.

@Lionel Your topic configuration looks good. Can’t help you with IP I don’t know your network configuration. The only thing I can guess is wrong configuration of MQTT Client application. Can you, please, post a screenshot with settings and log of MQTT Client application (not MQTT Broker)

Hello, Which MQTT client application? I have to install the Homey application called MQTT client. Thank you

@Lionel
Now it should work. Restart Tasmota MQTT application (just in case) and try to add devices again.

Google Home does ‘see’ the device however it’s unable to switch it.

Another thing I noticed is that switching the device on/off isn’t possible from the devices screen.
Only from ‘within’ the device (using the rounded button).

I’ve rebooted your app, Homey even deleted the device and re-added it.
Didn’t solve the issue.

OK. First of all what device are you using? How many switches device have?
Do you know how to use MQTT client to send message to your device topic? It would really help me in figuring out why it is not working.

Sonoff Basic
1 device (2nd not connected yet)
Yes, I can manage that. Tell me what you’d like to archieve.

Thanks. Please, send cmnd/<your_device_topic>/POWER0 (or <your_device_topic>/cmnd/POWER0 if your sonoff configured for Home Assistant with SetOption19) value ON or OFF. It should turn on or off device. Tell me if it worked and what your got in stat/<your_device_topic>/RESULT (or <your_device_topic>/stat/RESULT)

FYI, with Tasmota 8.2 SetOption 19 will no longer switch the topic structure

Thanks for info. But anyway I will need to support older versions at least for some time.

I’v solved the issue.
I was still on Tasmota 6.6
Updated to 8.2 (via 7x, 8.0 to 8.2, very important!) and all is working like expected!

Hi, I have SonOFF PWRR2 module, when i add him i can only use ON/OFF button, no power info and other. I test update from 8.1 to 8.2 readd device, still same. I have another piece that all works ok (8.1) , where there may be a problem? Thank you
In settings on added bad device is “power monitoring” NO, in working is YES, i dont know how i can change this.

Have found something strange in the behaviour of updating toggle status in Home Assistant of a Tasmota plug/sonoff basic switched through your app, not sure how to troubleshoot. When I switch on/off a Tasmota device with your Homey app, the updated status does not appear directly in Home Assistant. Instead, it takes some time for it to change, about 30-60 seconds. (I guess because of a timed state update of the Tasmota?) When I toggle the same Tasmota through @robertklep app, the state update is instant in Home Assistant. Interestingly, the state update of the device in the Sonoff app is also instant on Homey when switched through your Tasmota app, where the HA is not…?

To clarify:

1. toggle through Tasmota app: instant update in Sonoff app, delayed update in HA
  2. toggle through Sonoff app: instant update in both
  3. toggle through HA: instant update in both
  4. toggle through Tasmota web interface: instant update in all

My conclusion is that there is something different when toggling with the Tasmota app in the way the module updates the state?

When looking in MQTT explorer, it seems that the Tasmota app only updates the stat/DEVICEXXX topic, not the tele/DEVICEXXX/STATE/ topic, maybe that could be a clue?

@Magic
I think I know why this happening Will try to find some time this weekend to produce new beta version.

@PascalB
Thanks for detailed information, it will simplify search for fix. I will try to fix it this weekend.

@Everybody
Sorry guys I know I there is not a lot of new functionality recently but I practically have 0 free time. I am a father of 3.5 month old boy and he don’t leave me a lot of free time. I get all your suggestions and bug reports and slowly but I keep working on application.