[APP][Pro] Tado° community app (with geofence & capacity)

Dear Homey pro & tado° owners,

For tado°, there’s also a tado° community app called tadoZones, by @Martin_Verbeek

For those who miss the brilliant tado° Geofence functionality of the Athom app, AND the lately removed Heating Capacity: they are back!

Much more and actual info @ Dutch/English version topic: https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-tado-community-app-met-geofence-verw-capaciteit/

Overview with screenshots

(updated @ March 11, 2024)

Thermostat device:

‘When’ flowcards:

Click me

Screenshot from 2024-03-11 18-10-13
1 of 3:

2 of 3:

3 of 3:

‘Then’ flowcards:

Click me

1 of 3:

2 of 3:

3 of 3:

‘And’ flowcards:

Click me

Screenshot from 2024-03-11 18-15-42

Available tags to use in Logic ‘And’ cards:

Screenshot from 2024-03-11 18-17-23
Screenshot from 2024-03-11 18-17-45

Detail - the schedule from tado° thermostat to use with Homey:

Click me

Great functions which got removed from the Athom app version, available here!

Geofence (Presence tracker):

Heating Capacity:

Hi @Peter_Kawa , could you please explain how to add Tado devices through this app? When I’m trying I always get “no new devices have been found”. Thx in advance!

Hi @Mimomaj ,

Were you asked to enter your tado° login at some point? Otherwise the app can’t reach your tado cloud connection.
It found my thermostat and valve knob while adding new devices, so I can’t help you right now. You better send a DM to Martin I’d suggest.

Hi @Peter_Kawa , thank you, I contacted Martin

1 Like

I had an earlier version what hadn’t that error. In v1.2.0 you were using, a typo ended up in the code, which prevented the adding of devices.

Fixed in v1.2.2

Hi all,
warming up this older thread for another topic/feature request: I would like to set and update the offset of the Tado thermostats using homey. Unfortunately neither the official nor the TadoZones app offers this feature in flows. Any ideas how to do that? Or how to use external temperature sensors to control the Tado thermostats?
Best regards,
Mirko

1 Like

I’m just switching to this app as I have got a new Homey and the old app is no longer available.
One thing I seem to be missing is the Hot Water device, so is it possible you could add that?

+1

Hi,

I had the following problem a few days ago and wrongly posted in the Dutch forum. So I am repeating here, as it just happened again, and again after Homey was restarted:

since a power cut last night (assumption), I get the following error

Cannot destructure property ‘homeId’ of ‘args.device.tado’ as it is undefined

when I execute “Resume Smart Schedule”. This worked fine until now.

I tried to repair the device, but get the following error:

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘login’)

This time it is the test version 5.2.7! It had worked for a few days after deleting all devices and readding them and correcting all the flows. A lot of work for nothing. And I cannot just switch to the official Tado app as this misses a few features I am depending on.

I would really appreciate some help, as this app is essential for controlling heating with my heatpump and I just got it set up so the heating works perfectly, just to stumble over this bug.

Kind Regards,
Gerhard

PS: I still have the official Tado app installed too. Might this somehow interfere with tadozones?

I tried to repair after 5.3.0 was installed just now and get a new error:

this.homey.drivers.getDriver(…).onInit is not a function

I readded just one of the devices and rebooted Homey to see if keeps working after that. After this was OK I pulled the plug and it was still working. So I will now readd the other 2 devices and correct the flows to see if it stays working.

But the repair still breaks off with the above error.

Not that I know of. But ofcourse they operate the same tado system you own side by side.

Yes, from what I’ve read, to workaround the ‘repair’ resulting in errors, you only need to remove one tado device, not all of them…

I scrolled through this app after the original Tado App magically blocked all the valves in my house. And I find this app really well done, as well as providing data that is truly richer compared to the official counterpart. I just wanted to ask how I can set the cost per cubic meter of the gas raw material. Thank you all.

I guess you’d use this flowcard, Paolo. And welcome!
Yeah the Athom app is pretty basic. I hope you informed Athom support about the issue, maybe it’s some bug which needs to be fixed.

In this example I’ve added the blue tag holding the day price of my supplier
Screenshot from 2024-03-03 00-01-25

Athom Already informed. Should I insert this card of yours into the heating operating flow?

I think the card only needs to run when your Gas price changes. I have my card running daily at 0:01 AM
Can you pick the ‘tado home’ (first selection field)?
I can’t atm, that’s why it misses in my screenshot right after Add EnergyIQ tariff to .....,

I wanted to uste this app to connect two Tado homes via Homey.
After login (no matter which home) I always get the message that no new devices where found.
I have the original Homey Tado App also installed.
Any ideas?
Thank you!
Arne