[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

The RS485 ports will provide the modbus data, for sure it will. Problem is to determine the correct port on your inverter AND the pins used. Are you using a power meter?

{edit} It took me ages to find the correct pins to use on one of the RS485 ports.

What I did, I made a UTP cable with all pins available as wire ends and 1 connector. Put the connector in the RS485 port and just tried everything. In your case;

{edit} Take a look at this. It indicates RS485-3 pins 1 and 5 …

ok I did not know about the time delay, going to try again, thanks!

I just used a regular UTP cable, left the original connector on one side, and cut the cable to length, then connected the connector to port 3 and the orange/white and blue/white wire to the modbus converter, it instantly worked.

Basic Parameters - RS485 settings - Unused

When you say you activated Modbus in the inverter is this what you meant with this?

The RS485 setting needs to be on VPP, all this is actually pretty clearly explained in Edwin’s documentation, did you read this?

1 Like

Don’t know if this is like your situation.

This is what I have read on a manual of SolarEdge.

"Creating an Ethernet (LAN) Connection
This communication option enables using an Ethernet connection to connect the
inverter to the monitoring platform through a LAN.

• Cable type – a shielded Ethernet cable (Cat5/5E STP) may be used. "

UTP is unshielded.

I had read the instructions of Edwin, but for me at point 3 B of the documentation the RS485 does not change from Wifi icon to RS485 icon on the display. The display anyway is slightly different but this could be due to me using an SPA inverter, where the documentation is about an SPH inverter

I have the same inverter, SPA10000TL3 BH-Up, my solar setup is a 1 phase SolarEdge, since I could not install enough panels to have a 3 phase system unfortunately. The only difference is I use a different Modbus converter, a 35 euro wifi/lan converter which surprisingly works really good. I have posted it earlier.

Maybe remove the WiFi stick ?

Hi Mike, it has nothing to do with the communication problems, UTP cable I used is CAT 6, but data cable in general, shielded or not, will do the job.

The wifi stick is used for shinelink (as far as I know) removing it will cause the inverter not reachable by web interface. This is only an option of you have other data (RS485 with app) setup and running. It does not interfere at all.

I ordered the same as you have now, will let you know the outcome once arrived.

Tried this, with resetting the mode the unused and then back to VPP, but did not see anything happening.
I ordered the same Modbus as Arjan_Neet now to see if this makes a difference

Did everyone already see this SolarEdge Batteries Time-of-use mode when you have a battery connected to the solaredge inverter.
Click on the battery in the solaredge app.

you can define your own peak times or use utility rate plan

1 Like

What you offten read is fix this with a reservation off the ip adress at (in) your router or use a fixed IP at your PV device.
then you come never in trouble if you reset your internet router.
DHCP is handy but not for static device’s

1 Like

Installed and working, at least reading out data is working

1 Like

Mark, when it reads, it will send. :pray:

The time slots do indeed work fine as long as I wait a while, however the minimum battery capacity doesn’t seem to change. I set it manually via the GroWatt webinterface to 20% in the winter, and 10% in the summer, but if I can do it from homey would be more easy obviously. But when I set it to a different value it just stays at the manually set 20%. (The battery doesn’t discharge below 20% after setting to 15% via Homey flow)

can you send me a diagnostic report after you do this. I think I tested this on a SPH

There is no error when i activate the command, but the setting doesn’t seem changed, does that matter for the diagnostic report? How to create the diagnostic report?

Mvg Arjan Neet

so when you change it from web , you see it changing on the device ?

on the app in settings you can do it from there.

Edwin,

the setting does work on my SPH set as well as the TL-XH.

Here is the insight of the battery TL-XH, with the setting 40% done with the app. You see the line around 40% dancing around that value. Strange enough (but no query for you) is that in prio LOAD FIRST, the inverter uses AC grid charge to keep the level … We know that AC charge is only possible when prio BATTERY FIRST, but he, the chinese guys are different.

Resume, no problems with the battery minimum setting as far as I know.