[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

Not sure but I think I remember Edwin put this in the app some time ago.

[SET BATTERY MINIMUM CAPACITY]

Hey,

did you use solaredge storedge as device? not normal solaredge device. I will detect your meters even if you got no battery installed.

hi @Knguyen,
can you only see the values for production and consumption in enery balance of the SolarEdge app (no export, import, etc)?
I had same behaviour some weeks ago ( after playing around in the modbus settings :slight_smile: )
I informed the installer, he forwarded it to solaredge, and topic was solved within some days.

I changed it from solaredge inverter to storedge plus inverter and yes, the consumption and import/export data has now appeared.
Thank you, I would have never thought of that.
Is there anyway to highlight the figures you only want to see at a glance - in my case production, consumption and import/export?

nice. yes, it is a mistake on my side , was thinking you only have meters installed when you also have a battery. but on this device I look what is there is installed or not.

what do you mean with highlight, you want to see them at top? sorry I cannot do that but I think you have external displays as smpl or [Homeyduino] E-paper for Homey. I have both which works really well.

It’s pretty minor and something that I think Athom needs to do - have the energy app at the top of devices in Homey be able to be configured to show production and consumption from this app.

yeah energy dashboard. production is covered and Smart meters for import/export. Do you have a smart meter or do you like to use your inverter meters for this , I can add that and with enable/disable. save some money on P1 meters.

but I like how HA is doing this. plus add solar prediction based on your time and location.

I have a smart meter but as far as know it is locked down by the utility and not accessible directly. I can see import and export from the smart meter about 2 days later on the power company’s app (not useful for trying to fine tune flows in Homey).
Therefore I am measuring my (close to real time ) consumption using my inverter’s meter.

yeah see this https://apps.developer.homey.app/the-basics/devices/energy#measuring-devices
I think there some apps where you can grep solaredge caps and use that for publish measure_power plus set setting the cumulative property to true

else I can check If I can make smart device which picks up this data from the inverter.

I had to restart my router due to problems with KPN router.
Some devices did not came “back” in Homey. Restarting apps worked for most but I had to restart Homey as well. All apps are back again onlly my SolarEdge is not giving any values.

I see there is a maximum watt in settings

Are my settings correct?

1 Like

Are you sure the IP address is correct? Don’t share this but check the IP address of the inverter and set this in the app settings.

You wrote KPN router, which is normally set to DHCP. The old IP addresses given are for sure different from the ones after the reboot.

1 Like

IP was the problem. Tnx. I did not thought about that :fearful:

Thanks for reporting back. Have fun!

1 Like

Hi Arjan,

Could you share some info on how the cables are connected to the SPA and with what mode you are running the Growatt inverter. I received info from Growatt support that with the SPA I would not be able use modbus. I am using the 485-3 port as was mentioned in the SPH documentation. Setting mode to VPP worked, but the display did not match to what I saw in the documentation. My inverters are connected to the ShineLanBox (firmware 7.0.0.9). I have a RS485 to Ethernet device from Waveshare connected to the SPA, here I don’t see any traffic. My assumption is that there is no data feed from the SPA to the RS485 device.

did you activate ModBus in the inverter? I just connected to the RS485 ethernet connector and activated Modbus, after setting the converter everything worked. That said, I get all the info inside Homey, but for some reason when I try to set something, nothing really changes inside the inverter.
For example if I set a battery first schedule (especially in the winter since I don’t want my batteries empty all the time), and enable it from homey, it is not enabled in the inverter. If I enable it directly in the inverter itself, everything works as it should.

Tell me the SPA exact model and production year, interested. I’ve setup 2 Growatt inverters SPH3000 and TL-XH with 2 different Modbus devices, all work flawless with the APP.

Maybe Edwin has suggestions but the first glance tells me a modbus protocol problem within the modbus device. What kind of device you are using, exact make, model please.

{EDIT}
The settings for PRIO MODE settings in the app are recently implemented (at least for my inverter) I Did some testing during the process of development. Note that it is crucial to SET all time slots different, no overlap is possible when enabled, see my test grid below.

Also note that the inverter needs time, I had to build-in 10 minutes of delay between some prio settings.

The inverter model: SPA 10000TL3 BH-UP, the installation took place end Q3 2023
I am not sure on the production year, couldn’t find this on the inverter.

I tried connecting bis the 485-1 as well as 485-3 where in the mode of the inverter I tried with the RS485 settings in: Basic Parameters - RS485 settings

* VPP
* Shinemaster 
* Meter2

In none of the cases I saw something happening on the Waveshare (also not when I connect a laptop with the ShineBus software.
I now have set this back to default.
Basic Parameters - RS485 settings - Unused

When you say you activated Modbus in the inverter is this what you meant with this?

Does this inventor support Modbus? I didn’t find it in the manual https://nl.growatt.com/upload/file/20220817/56597fbaab90b8c403dbcf1e47bde775.pdf
Maybe it is VPP mode, and you have to use the right communication port and pins, see manual.