[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

will check my insight also but I never saw it plus can you check or log inverter status changes during that time.

will add max value in settings , plus recheck power and scale values for realistic values.

Same with me, In roughly 2 years the SPH never generated such peaks. The TL/XH was doing this from the day we made the APP working for the battery issue, the day I started monitoring insights.

It is close to impossible to have a log during that time, it is not predicted and occurs on very different moments during the day. I will try to record the peak moments in relation to other events, such as inverter test, yes/no solar power etc.

Something else came up;

When I read the insights 6 hours the last peak is gone, it’s to late

Last 24h give me the last peak, 88474w
Last 7 days give me 2 peaks, 11-12/17u 9193w and 07-12/8u 22528w
Last 14 days give me 3 peaks, 11-12/17u 9193w, 07-12/8u 22528w and 02-12/19u 44055w

[EDIT] so I think just drop values way beyond some max. (not sure about max.) will be fine. The app cannot prevent insights not working correctly, does it?

Hi Edwin,

Just occured a peak of which i was able to narrow to the hour layout. See for yourself:

yep super weird. at 9pm there is no sun for sure.

yep, and more than 25kW power usage… The inverter has some chinese wacko moments. Pretty irritating since the insights average calculations are useless.

Adjusted my ‘Solar Power’ flow alert threshold on > 2kW. I just got an alert of 3680W on a very clowdy day. So, it seems the spikes can happen at all kind of levels.

I keep on getting the peaks, it has been reported to Edwin so we wait for the limits to be build in the app and keep the insights data clean.

The only thing whats keep coming back to me is the question, what is a peak?
For this to determine a new parameter is required in the settings status the MAX plant kW, so adding 20% will give anyone a proper peak level max.

That will not solve the issue, my total capacity is 7kW. I see spikes way below that number. It needs to be a level in combination with a very short period if you ask me.

1 Like

Additionally I can tell you that short period is relative also, duration of peak moments vary as well, but ok, to a certain max.

The issue is not that easy, for sure.

[EDIT] with insights reloaded I am able to determine the highest value within a timeslot. It does not tell me other peaks in the period, so thats problem #1.

I need to find a way to adjust calculating the average with the peak out of the average period. Since the app does not provide the timestamp of the highest value, I’m not able to adjust the average periode precisely.

[EDIT2] A solution to the problem is to use a variable and simply snapshot each 5 minutes the solar power value. If the actual value is >100% compared to the average of the 30min before, allows you to disregard that value and store the previous value. Keeping the average of the variable flat.
This only works if the system is technically not able to have a difference in solar power within 5 minutes of 100%…

All of this has no effect on the occurrences within insights, the problem persists.

Just created a flow that will record only the correct solar power data, interval 5 minutes.
The margin is 20% above the calculated max capacity, depending on the season.

The flow will record the peaks as well in a separate variable.

Simply use both variables in insights and 4get the solar power original.

It does not solve the root cause…

can we try this test version SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus | Homey
you can keep it empty or provide some value on which measure_power should be skipped.

insight today with this app:

And values in Power by the Hour:

Insight today with “Zonnepanelen” app:

And values in Power by the hour:

There is no spike. (Same SolarEdge inverter)

1 Like

yes , what is your inverter version/type? at least I never saw this on my SE4000H and storedge + LG batt.
I think there is some relais switching which you pick up in your modbus data, curious if there is some inverter status change during that spike of some other capability so I can predict this as false reading.

It is inverter SE3500HD wave.

I think it is most of the time when they start producing but not every day. :yawning_face:

Last year I lost all data in the SolarEdge app (product app). I had contact with SolarEdge support and they could see in their log we had a very big spike that caused deleting all the data. They manual corrected the data and my supplier send someone to check the system. All looked well inside the inverter. Since it did not happen again all the data in the native app disapared, only the spikes in insights of Homey.

Hi Edwin,

I want to try the test version for you but I’m running this version now:
v3.0.60 Test

and this version runs perfect for the TL-XH you recently made possible…

What happens with my functionality since we’re not on final release?

Phil

your test is now equal to final and your test will be auto upgraded to the new test. so it should auto work for you.

reading about this and it seems you are not alone , some even had it on the portal. I guess they fixed or suppress it by now.
they checked it, but I guess there most be something off with the installation or inverter.

I have a Solaredge HDwave SE5000H inverter with modbus meter.
I have enabled modbus TCP in the inverter settings.
With the app in my Homey Pro - it only shows solar production and not consumption data. I’m not sure why? The consumption data is there on the my solaredge app.
Here are the screenshots from the app and my solaredge

Hi Phil, did you find the missing register to stop discharge the SOC in load first mode?
I would like preserve my Battery at a load of 95% in winter.
I use a modded growatt shine stick to modify and monitor my sph in home assistant and dont like to switch to the original shine stick for changing this value.
Best Andreas