[APP][Pro] Huawei Solar - Smart energy for a better life

Good morning

I have created a Huawei Solar integration into Homey.
For now it is possible to read battery and solar data, there are also some extra conditions that were added.

Any feedback is welcome :slight_smile:
Source code can be found GitHub - reyntjensw/Homey-FusionSolar

2 Likes

Due to API restrictions at Huawei, there is a settings that needs to be set after installing the app.
To know the correct value, you need to login on this website (https://eu5.fusionsolar.huawei.com/) with your credentials.

After logging in, you will notice that the url will change to a url similar to this url.

To configure this setting, click the gear icon

In the dropdown, please select the correct version and save these settings, the values will appear in a couple of minutes.

1 Like

thank you for this! Is the app ready to read out BAttery % ? I requested an API -account to use with this. How long does this usualy take?

Hi @Yov the app also reads the batteries capacity.
Requesting an account can take a couple of days.

1 Like

it took a while! They wanted more info, and agreement of my installer but i got the app working now!
I had to change the region and everything works. But now and then the communication stops for a time.

Hi @Yov

I’m noticing it myself as well, I’ll try to prepare a fix.
In some cases the API goes down, you can also notice it in the native app.

Wouter

1 Like

@Yov There is a new version you can test, it should have improved error handling.

Please let me know your if this is solving your issues.

1 Like

i did the update today, got no connection. Restarted the app and now it works :wink: i wil let you know if it stays stable! is there a way to live vieuw the current Load?(maybe more live then the Huawei app)

Unfortunately there is no live update functionality.
The implemented api has rate limiting, which prevents us to query it a lot.

I am planning to buy a Huawei Inverter with the Smart meter. Can you get the readings from the Smart meter?

I’m not reading the smart meter for now, what would you like to read from the smart meter?

Can you read the current wattage usage from the house to see if you have ”leftover” energy from the solar. That way you could decide if a electric car should charge or not

1 Like

Hi Dennis, this is possible but the app refreshes every 5 minutes because of API restrictions.
So the reading is not realtime.

1 Like

That would be fine for me, as it doesn’t matter that much, 5 min refreshing is totally fine. Is this something that you could easily implement?

1 Like

Hi,
I can not login with this app to my acount on Fusionsolar,
I just get “Cannot read property ‘name’ of undefined”
I know it right log in credentials, any goo ideas.

Best Regards
Samuel

Hi Samuel

Fyi there is a new message from Huawei that they will activly start adding quota’s to api traffic.
This was the same error you ran into.

The number of northbound users and the number of plants and devices managed by each northbound user are increasing. To better meet user requirements, the northbound API traffic limiting policy is adjusted as follows: Traffic Limiting Policy The new traffic limiting policy is based on the number of resources owned by northbound users. A user with more plants and devices is allowed to send more API requests in a period of time. For details, see "Interface Invoking Suggestions" or "Access Restrictions" of each interface in the iMaster NetEco V600R022C00 Northbound Interface Reference-V6 (SmartPVMS). Impact Scope Existing users: For northbound users created on June 30, 2022 or earlier, the original traffic limiting policy applies, and the allowed invoking frequency cannot be increased. New users: For northbound users created after June 30, 2022, the new traffic limiting policy applies. If a user exceeds the allowed frequency of API calls defined in the traffic limiting policy, API invoking may fail. Interface Document: https://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/doc/EDOC1100241338

1 Like

I am planning to buy Huawei too and I am looking for this feature to charge car or heat water, when there is a lot of energy created and save when there is not enought energy. Will it be possible in the app? Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @Fekik you are able to read the data from the inverter, but the data is always 5 minutes old and it is not realtime. Huawei has restricted the use of the api and 5 minutes is about ok.

I try to use it based on the capacity of the battery.

Thanks, 5 min. is OK. I will not have a battery. I need to read if it creates more energy that the house uses. I do not know if Huawei knows what is my consumption. (I have not seen the app and their system)

I got this same error. What does this mean in practice? That try again later or that huawei not accepthing new api calls?