[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

Hi Phil,

This is a screenshot from my flow.

Technically you are correct, as “stroomgebruik” in Dutch means “current usage”.

This should however be read as “power usage”, so in watts.

I just used the name from the same graph in the Homewizard app, which is a calculated value based on solar power and grid power.

Hope that explains.

Look for your inverter in your modem, router or access point settings.

It might not always be clear which device is what, but you can do a lookup on the MAC address.

You can find a list of known Solaredge MAC addresses here: SolarEdge Technologies MAC Address Database

Once you find it, it is a good idea to reserve the address (add as static IP address) so it does not change anymore.

Good luck!

Hi Edwin,

My plant is still down, so no testing from this end. Hope to keep this topic alive until I’m able to produce feedback. I suspect EPS mode (backup) prevents switching to other modes on the inverter.

Meanwhile interesting, since the plant has no grid power, the system says OFFgrid, logically. And since there is no grid, the inverter has the EPS output set (in my case 4 groups of the house) Ok for now. The reading #gridoutput is 0 (zero) and since I use this var in some flows, the calculations are off.

In resume, when you depend on flow calculations and have a EPS backup system, one should check on the #ACcurrent var also.

1 Like

If anyone is interested, I used this Modbus converter, reasonable priced, and it can connect both to LAN or directly to your wifi network (no cables :slight_smile: )

You can even have it setup as server and access point so you can also access it directly.
It works fine with my GroWatt SPA10000TL3 BH-UP
Settings:

2 Likes

Thanks Arjan, great post!

nice so SPA are using the same registers. perfect

Storage(MIX Type):03 register range:0~124,1000~1124;04 register range:0~124,1000~1124
Storage(SPA Type):03 register range:0~124,1000~1124;04 register range:1000~1124,2000~2124,1125~1249
Storage(SPH Type):03 register range:0~124,1000~1124;04 register range:0~124,1000~1124,1125~1249

Hi @Edwin_Biemond.

I tested and it seems to work just perfectly to change to battery first mode and back to Load.
GREAT WORK!!!

I use the following flow

I have to set the time interval in Batt. 1st to 23 hours and 59 minutes (12.0 0.0 - 11.0 59.0). It will not accept empty fields nor a 24 hour span.

It works as is but it’s not pretty :smiley:

I think there could be a couple of linguistic refinements but I don’t know if it’s possible to add Danish translations? I’d be happy to provide those :slight_smile:

Now this is great news foks! With this in mind we are able to limit the o so desired Charge Stopped Soc to regulate everything possible!!

Now in battle with 5 suppliers in Spain to get the grid power back online. When established I will be in active (test) duty again. Meanwhile running on EPS 4kW. Interesting on itself, half the readings are gone in the app (ac voltage missing) and inverter mode switch unavailable.

nice and yep, let me try to remove those decimal on hours and minutes. and check 24hour . Can you check if it possible from shinelink and look at the homey device if it correct.

yes we can add Danish. no problem. here is the repo https://github.com/biemond/solaredge.modbus/blob/main/.homeycompose/app.json, check all the json files with en sections and send me a Pull request.

thanks

oh, are you be able to send me a diagnostic report. curious why you are missing values.

These are the decimals in the Shinlink app

Also I think there’s a decimal issue with battery temperature, unless it cools down extremely :slight_smile:

Will have a look at the repo :wink:

1 Like

thanks will check it all.

can you send me a report for the batt temp. maybe it is a batt / bms thing.

batttemperature 246 -1 battery Temperature
bmstemperature 310 -1 bms Temperature

found the issue and the logic around 23:59

Can tell me how this is done?

Also, do you think it’s possible to make use of “AND” cards as well?

Ex.
AND - Battery is at [X%] charge
AND - Current solar input is [above/below]

Hi Yestond,

I do often cross unavailability of AND functionality directly with the system var. But with the var available, I use the AND logic and simply read, compare or calculate with the var.

Phil

Fi:

AND - logic - calculate #Battery_charge_var (is equal/higher/lower) 99

etc.

@Phil_Bro can you give an example of a flow?

Eg. would this work?
#Battery is greater than 90

Yes that will work, this is a query on the battery and if > 90 it will pass that with the outcome.

You might want to test this very easily by adding THEN to the LED ring or anything producing a indication, so if the query outcome is YES, the ledring starts to pulse for 1 second …

Have fun!

1 Like

new test version for growatt battery SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus | Homey
@Phil_Bro @Yestond

add new caps when device is from a previous version.
00:00 on grid or battery 1st is translated to 00:01.
fixed the decimal on flows with batt or grid 1st.
better labels on flows and device.

I would really like to use this app but I’m afraid my Solar Edge SE3000 (firmware 3.1449) is not supported. I can only find the RS485 settings in the converter, no Modbus TCP. Just to be sure, is there a list with supported devices?

1 Like