[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

I made a test with an ip scanner, Solaredge is pingable but there are no open ports

1 Like

I think you have to contact your installer, this is not a Homey app issue.

If you tried rebooting inverter, checked settings and reboot your router that’s all you can do.

yep also think so, also have a udm pro and homey in same vlan . you can check the rules and you are using cable or wifi? sometimes with wifi , other wifi client cannot reach each other.

Thanks, I use wifi, before firmware upgrade of Solaredge no issue…
TCP Modbus on IOS says that the communication to the Solaredge is closed.
I will try to change the ip of the Solaredge and Homey.
I will reset the modbus using SetApp.

Tobias_Antonsson

28d

As info, i have à solaredge inverter and now for a week this app doesn’t work. My connection is via Wi-Fi. After contacting the support from solaredge today they told me that the modbus tcp doesn’t work over Wi-Fi anymore after the latest firmware update…

can you use a cable?

Using the cable is very inconvenient.

Tomorrow I will do a test with an AP like the one below connected to the SolarEdge LAN socket to see if they actually blocked the wifi.
TP-Link TL-WR802N Nano Router N300 Wi-Fi

ok yes you can use those elec socket ethernet devices when your internal wires are ok. elec wires are there for sure

Tonight I tried to connect SolarEdge and Homey via ethernet cable and without doing anything
it connected.

After this, for test, I disconnected the cable, reset the wifi and uninstalled and reinstalled the program on Homey, unfortunately I confirm that using the wifi is blocked.

Last test: I have to clear if it is a problem with the Ubiquiti wifi 6 pro antennas or some setting on the UDM Pro but I doubt …

thanks for the feedback, but looking at their release notes it is solaredge. I guess they have some reason to do this. probably makes it not reliable and unstable

Can you add “status” to the flow’s again…

Hi!

This app is exactly what I have been looking for, except I use Fronius and not SolarEdge. Is there any chance that you are able to re-write the app for Fronius? It would be the exact samt concept with using modbus tcp, but probably different registers. I’m unfortunately useless at coding but can assist in testing :slight_smile:
I have all the documentation needed ( I think) with complete registers and descriptions.

interesting. yes probably it is the same. maybe I can add a fronius device with these register. ( you have battery attached?)

Hi,
thanks a lot for your app.
It use to work perfectly, but since several days, it miss some variables, like :

• Power Export
  • Power Import
  • Consumption

I use these last variables to manage the car charger.
I had to reinstall the device, has it lost the connexion. The port on my Solaredge is 502 (not 1502 as default in the app).
Would it be possible to have theses variables again ?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Best,
Joel

Any reply to JW? I also need the exported power… Thanks for the APP !

I gave my homey the latest update this morning v7.4.0-rc.22 but since then the SolarEdge app is not working 2.0.13. More people suffering from this? I have already restarted the app and homey too, but no effect.

I was on an older app version but the newest app on Homey 7.4.x isn’t working anymore.

What is the best thing to do now? Or just wait?

already there and published a new version for this

• Power Export
  • Power Import
  • Consumption

I am scared to upgrade with the nodejs 16 plus currently I am on holiday so I don’t want to do this remotely plus only have 1 homey .

but @Dijker @Erikje are you familiar with how to run a homey app from cli. then maybe you can send me the stacktrace so I can fix it now. The diagnostic report did not give me any clue.

this is the repo GitHub - biemond/solaredge.modbus: Homey Solaredge modbus app

hope to see with homey app run to see more output