[APP][Pro] Solar Panels - Let the sun power your home

I use SolarEdge with the SolarEdge mod bus app. Real time production insight.
I have shadow from the neighbors in the early morning and late afternoon. So edges are a must to have maximum profit.

1 Like

Also local support and near realtime SolarEdge, all growatt inverters plus wattsonic gen 3 clones. But indeed install those phase meters already , Later you can decide to add a battery

Growatt and wattsonic are not so expensive.

The app from SolarEdge self is now real-time but your app has an interval of 10 minutes. I can not lower this.

I’m trying to report the production of my Solar panels with Enphase IQ8 converters.

Connecting to the Enphase IQ Gateway is possible though a user/password login. It shows the Watt for Production, Usage and Net-Usage, but ‘Energie Produced’ stays at zero ('Energie-opwek).

Connecting to Enphase Enlighten requires an API key. What I read is that the API connections are phased out by the end of the year. Also the old API keys are very long and the app requires a short one.

I can’t really find any solution by reading and searching. Any advise / experience from someone? Thanks!

Is there a possibility to add Hoymiles?

1 Like

Need This too :wink:

After the last update, I can no longer log into fusion solar. Quite annoying, I get the message wrong name or password again.
Can anyone log into fusion solar at all?

Few days ago I’m not longer able to get data from Tigo devices. I tried to uninstall the app but doesn’t help. Now when I will add new Tigo device it shows foe very short time 0,5 second or so New device found

and than shows No new devices…

Any suggestions?

Hi @Diederik,

Would it be possible to add the SunGrow inverter?
They use the iSolarCloud app. I wrote to the support team and they responded that they work only via a MODBUS-protocol no API to connect to third party apps. I hope that is sule useful info.

Thank you!
Tim

I dont know if this works but this is modbus based. Perhaps the developer can help:

1 Like

Thank you @Ria_Banis I will check it out!

1 Like

Hi All,

Today new solar panels with Enphase were installed. I created a new device in my Homey, however I do not see all the data.
As you can see in the screenshot I can see the “Energie Opwek vandaag” and the value is updated regularly. The other values with “Vermogen” remain Zero or empty. What can I do to resolve this?

Note The data of my Solar Edge inverter were and are working completely correct.

@Frans_Vos If you use an Envoy and want to see all the data you need an Envoy metered and the “CT spoelen”.

Hello everyone

I am new to the world of photovoltaics and am also a relatively new (1.5 years) owner of a Homey Pro 2023. I am about to purchase a photovoltaic system and am wondering how I can integrate it into Homey. I have an offer with the following articles:

• Solar Panels: Jinko Tiger Neo JKM440N-54HL4R-V - (BF, R30, EVO2)
  • Inverter: Huawei SUN2000-8KTL-M1/13.5A
  • Power optimizer: Huawei SUN2000-450W-P2
  • Huawei Smart Power Sensor DTSU666-H 100A/40mA
  • Solar Manager Gateway

Now my questions:

• Which of the devices listed above then needs to communicate with Homey?
  • Does it work with the Solar Panel App?
  • Does anyone know an app that works with these components?

I would be happy to provide more information if necessary and thank you in advance for your feedback.

Search a bit and use the glass in the upper row
then you will find this topic [APP][Pro] Huawei Solar - Smart energy
In this forum part they know more.

Hi guys, I am using this solar panel app and wonder if it is possible to have a total amount of kWh that were not used per day. All those watts are sold to my energy company so it would be great for me to set a selling price to this element and then to have the money earned every days on top of the money not used due to the self consumption.
Cheers

I think you can install this app : [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year
And maybe all so a app (including a sensor) for measring your Grid power use. Call it here a P1 reader
There or several application for search at the add app page in Homey.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your feedback. I had already followed this, but I wasn’t sure whether it would work with my components. As I wrote, I didn’t know and still don’t know which device I need to look for that talks to homey. Is it the inverter or some other device? I will continue to follow this thread and post my question there.

Thanks again

@Diederik Maybe a dumb question but I can not find it.
What was the reason that maybe the Enphase system is maybe not be supported in the near future?
I use it on a HP2019.

Got the hoymiles working by putting Hoymiles in HomeAssistant and use the HomeAssistant app for Homey.