[APP][Pro] Solar Panels - Let the sun power your home

@lucasvdh can you make a separate app or something else ?

I’ve submitted a new app which contains the Omnik driver. When(if) Athom approves it you’ll be able to find it at https://homey.app/a/codes.lucasvdh.omnik

2 Likes

Nice

Is there a way to add solis inverters ??

indirectly you can do this from home assistant and our great homey ha community app. did you have modbus working on it ? if so maybe I can add support for it with near realtime data. Solis Inverter Modbus integration - Configuration - Home Assistant Community. Communication with Solis inverter - Third party integrations - Home Assistant Community

Hmm not using home assistent:-(

For those seeking a solution for their Omnik inverter, you might want to explore this new app:

For further discussion and community support, visit the Homey Community Topic - [App][Pro] Omnik

2 Likes

Hi to the gurus! Does anyone know why I get the dreaded “This type of device might not be supported in the future” message every time I open the solar panel app device of my Enphase Envoy?
I am concerned about loss of support as the majority of my Homey flows use some solar panel information in their logic.
Thanks

Hello @Diederik

I’m sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can’t seem to figure out how to add local my Enphase Envoy S system in such a way that Homey accesses the most up to date production data over the local api. Currently I am logged in with my enphase account, but this only udpates every 15 minutes.

I have my API key, I know the IP address, and querying https:///production.json?details=0 seems to work, but I can’t find how I configure the app to use the local API,a nd Googling doesn’t really help

Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

afaik local only works on older firmwares of the envoy. i havent been able to add mine at all likely because i did the self install where local access expires in 6 hours over 6 months when you had an official installer install it.

v2 api ends december 31st 2023 and i dont think this app supports the new v4 yet. Please correct me if im wrong, haven’t really taken the time to dive in the code why mine refuses to connect as dont see much benefit of having it linked to homey just yet.

@Jepke If you add the Envoy to Homey then you can monitor realtime the power of the solarpanel. And when you use the ct’s you can see realtime the power usage of the house.

I know but if i really want to i have the enlighten app that shows the exact same. Plus i do already consume the enphase api to graph with influx+grafana.

I can see benefit for someone on a variable hydro plan to turn on (dish)washer or other high consumption appliances when solar delivery is at its peak.

Any support for SolisCloud?

Hello @Diederik,

Is there support for the SunGrow inverter? And if not could I request it here?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi! Looking for SolisCloud support. Anyone? it is popular inverter so why not to make access to it?

Im in contact with @Kim_Kokholm he is going to make an app

:+1:

Hi,

For some time i am trying to connect my two enphase Envoys
My Envoys are on firmware D5.0.62 (5e57a9)
I have a homey pro 2023. And using the 5.3.0 version of the Zonnepanelen APP
Envoy is on version 5.0.62 so only uses http and the App is trying to connect with https.
So i think the detection of the firmware of the envoy is going wrong.
Can someone please help me with this?

Regards,

Bert

Hi!
What is the most reliable / stable brand of inverter to pair with the homey? I’m getting solarpanels at the start of next year (in the netherlands). They offered me a Solis inverter, but I can still switch depending on communication with this app for Homey.

Any experiences available that can help me make a good choice?

Kind regards / groet,
Hessel

Hi Hessel,

If you want to get the data from the PV system itself, go for SMA (supported by a different app). That one has local connectivity However, you pay a relatively high price for these options. To get a cost-effective solution, let them install a cheaper inverter (Solis, Growatt) and ask them to install this one in your distribution board:

Best,
Diederik

1 Like