[APP][Pro] Solar Panels - Let the sun power your home

@Diederik any chance you might review my pull request so we can get back support for Omnik inverters? :smiley:

3 Likes

That would be great
I also have an onmik

1 Like

I have the same problem. No data on homey or homewizard.
Shinephone app works great. Still thinking about get data local in stead of server growatt.

It seems to be that we are not the only platform missing the Growatt data if you search Growatt on Github.

I might have found a solution (I have not tested it yet) that does not require a modbus to ethernet adapter. Someone developed a piece of code that intercepts the communication between the inverter and the Growatt server (man in the middle, or sniffing). And converts it to an MQTT message:

There is also a docker image:
https://hub.docker.com/u/ledidobe

Interesting stuff, but you need to have a server / nas / raspberry pi running docker.

Received this email from Home Wizard (sorry, it’s in Dutch):

Je hebt het mogelijk gemerkt, maar de omvormerkoppeling met Growatt werkt niet meer in onze app. Hierdoor heb je geen (complete) grafieken van opwek, bruto stroomverbruik of zonverbruik.

Growatt heeft de manier van hoe API-koppelingen met partners werken veranderd, waardoor wij de data niet kunnen ophalen. We zijn in gesprek met Growatt om dit op te lossen en wachten op een antwoord vanuit het hoofdkantoor. We kunnen tot die tijd zelf niks doen en helaas niet zeggen hoe lang het gaat duren.

Het verwijderen van de koppeling in de app en daarna opnieuw toevoegen heeft geen effect.

We houden je uiteraard op de hoogte zodra we meer weten. Onze excuses voor het ongemak.

Can someone tell me if there is any other program for Homey to make it work with Growatt MOD 7000TL3-x inverter locally without Growatt cloud service?

Oh, Omnik support would be great!

If your inverter supports modbus you can try this app:

My SolarEdge inverter is recently updated (inverter with lcd screen) and now I use this app. It is almost realtime data.

1 Like

There is only this mention of the Modbus bus in the manual ”This series inverter has an integrated export restriction function. You can use this function by connecting a smart meter or CT. The smart meter model is Eastron SDM230-Modbus. The CT model is TOP 90-S10/SP4(LEM)”.

Since the last Update of the Solar Panels App I got the following message: Could not Login to Growatt Server. Bevor that everything was working fine. Somebody an idea what happen?

1 Like

for growatt I now support SPA or SPH XXX Hybrid Inverter and this awesome user got a working with a 36 euro modbus wifi adapter. like Ria said near realtime and no china. all local plus flows.

For other Growatt inverter version I need some help from you to support them, like testing or a vpn so I can support others.

2 Likes

According to Homewizard the connection to Growatt is fixed. I received this email today:

" Op 4 oktober stuurden we je een mail over de Growatt koppeling die op dat moment niet meer werkte.

Goed nieuws! De koppeling werkt weer! Als je de koppeling handmatig hebt verwijderd, kun je deze weer toevoegen.

Wat is er gebeurd?
Growatt heeft eind september de manier waarop API-koppelingen met partners werken veranderd, waardoor wij de data niet langer konden ophalen. In nauwe samenwerking met Growatt en een aantal aanpassingen aan hun kant, werkt de connectie inmiddels weer."

I tried to add the Growatt device in the app, but unfortunately it still does not work there.

I received the same email.

I’m afraid (but do not know) that Homewizard has been in direct contact with Growatt for support. Maybe @Diederik can reach out as well? Question would then be, where to reach out to…

Hi guys and thank you for the great app you have createe. Is there any chance to add a view with the live production of each panel (I am having 14 panels with 14 enphase IQ8HC and it could be great to have a visualisation of those in live.

My “Zonnepanelen” app is working again.
After logging on to the growatt website, and creating an second login (under settings), I was able to retreive data with the new (sub) account.

Edit: Working confirmed on Github.

Good tip!
I made a second account to test this.
However, i didn’t need to login with that new account and still it is working fine now with my old account.
So the problem seems resolved by Growatt?

Still no response from @Diederik about Omnik support :frowning: Should I just create a new app?

1 Like

Hmmm then you make me happy

I can confirm it is working again. I did not create a second account, I was just able to add my device with my existing credentials.
Too bad that I deleted it earlier, so all Insights history is gone.

I can also confirm that it works again with existing account.
I had to remove the devices first and then add them again.