[APP][Pro] QNAP NAS

Thanks for reporting. I found a possible reason. If I’m right, the situation is like this:

• pairing dialog: the correct volumes (name) are displayed for the NAS
  • after pairing, this volume shows the data of the other volume (same volume number, but from the other nas
    Is this the behaviour? If yes, that it should be fixed in the next test version.

Hi @Tangodelta
Testversion 0.0.13 is ready. Please can you check if your volumes are displaying the correct data now? No need to re-pair :wink:

1 Like

Works! 0.0.14

1 Like

Some corrections for displaying the device unavailable message are added including the error details.
grafik

Stable live version 1.0.0 is available.
Please report any problem with a short description and screenshots if possible. Thanks.

Edit: And thanks @all for testing and reporting bugs :beetle: :+1:

2 Likes

Added wake-on-lan in version 1.0.1 (currently only testversion until review):
Use the buttons in maintenance view (device settings) of NAS or Ethernet devices.
Use flow action: select the flow of the app and select the NAS you want to wake up.

3 Likes

Nice if it is possibles for a Restart and shutdown cards to use in flows. :+1::grinning:

I haven’t seen API URLs for such actions, only for reading data. So it’s not possible at the moment until I find some other documentations about the QNAP API.

I see, I don’t understand so much about this, but is it not possible to use some ssh command like “ /sbin/poweroff” like I use now in the SSH app?

Does that mean your NAS’ root account is accessible over ssh? :grimacing:

This app uses a Webservice API (XML over http).
I’m not planning to mix this high level access with another low level access like SSH. This will bring security problems (you have to use a user with more rights - and only admin will have SSH access as far as I know) and irritations of port usage (closed or changed SSH port in addition to the default QTS port).

At his point it’s a selection of NAS data and no full remote control.

Probably, Just using the NAS local, and have change the SSH port. Do you have any other ide how to turn off the NAS from Homey? :cry:

I absolutely understand that. Anyway Great app!

1 Like

I see Qnap have released QTS 5.0, will the homey app continue to work under 5.0? :thinking:

I haven’t updated to 5.0 yet, but I don’t think Qnap has removed the Webservice.

If anyone has already upgraded, please leave a comment if it’s still working. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m on firmware 5.x. App is working fine.

2 Likes

I just upgraded to QTS 5.0 and can confirm a working app, too. :wink:

3 Likes

Me to! and it works! :grinning:

Does it also work with 2-step verification? I can’t get access.

No only with single step.
Please take a look at the first post…
Best way is to create a new user for Homey with admin group without further rights (apps, folders) and without 2FA.

Thanks!