Connect Homey to your QNAP NAS.
You get an overview of important system properties such as CPU and memory usage, temperature, fan, firmware version.
By adding further NAS elements to Homey, the following data is provided:
- Ethernet interfaces: IP data, MAC, TX, RX, errors, etc.
- Hard drives: technical data, health status, temperature, etc.
- Volumes: memory data and processing state
The IP address or the host name and the QTS port can be used to connect.
The SSL certificate check is suppressed so that the internal LAN IP address can be used even if a certificate is available (e.g. LetsEncrypt with specification of a domain).
A NAS user is required for login. A separate user with restricted rights should be created for Homey like:
- Group: Administrators (necessary for reading system data)
- No rights for shared folders
- No rights for Apps or Services
- No 2FA (for now)
If the IP or the user changes, the NAS can be reconnected via the device settings (Repair).
You can add the NAS and some components as devices to Homey:
You’ll get a device for each added component in Homey:
You can watch some properties:
Thank you for supporting app development with a small donation via PayPal.