[APP][Pro] Pushover

Thread for Pushover app

Feel free to add constructive feedback.

5 Likes

Mike_de_Vries

2d

Only missing is send to group.

I believe that this is working as well. You cannot select the group, but when I send to device (must create one) with the group name then it works for me.
So I have created new device and the devicename is then the name of the group. Maybe it works for you as well.

The messages are delivered so it does work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all. Iā€™m currently looking into supporting groups.

I have not yet found an endpoint to list all groups available. I am new to groups (single-user), but I do would like to support it.

According to the api - as @Wilfred_Greven is stating, device or group-id is supported. Nice workaround.

Solution proposal for supporting groups:
In the app-settings, I could implement the following format:

Current format: device1;device2;device3 OR (just) device.
Seperator is ; (semicolor)

This could be extended: device1;device2;device3;my group:unreadable-groupID;second group:unreadable-groupID

This will result in the dropdown as:
device1
device2
device3
my group
second group

Then at publishing message to the api - the unreadable-key will be provided. The Homey-app does not seem to support multi-selection in the dropdown, so groups can be useful.

Providing this information by configuration, the user can select which devices and groups to support. For using variables in flows, the id of the group must be provided, since the values will not be resolved as in the Homey-UI.

Looking forward for your feedback.

Credits for the workarround are going to @Mike_de_Vries !

I have tested the workarround and it works. For me is this enough to work with: in the dropdownmenu you can select an user or a group.

Yes. But I think alias would be great. Because groups are not readable.
I could be wrong, but are you not inserting the GUID instead of the user-friendly name in parameter-list?

According to the pushover-api, devices does not have aliases and key/value is the same. For groups: name/id, where id is a unreadable guid and not a friendly name. I could be wrong, please inform me what values you are providing for valid ā€œgroupā€.

For me the groups are readable.
First:
(As example:) i have a group made in pushover.net ā€œhomey-groupā€ and a group ā€œipadsā€. ( One group has 4 members, other has 2 members.)

Second:
In the pushover app (on H2023) i defined 2 users with the same name (homey-group and ipads) So are all users in the pulldown-menu readable.

Okay, not bad then.

I had the understading, by the api, that you had to use the GUID generated for the group - but that does not seem to be the case.

Small hint then, if you had alias, you could ā€œrenameā€/distinguish group/device with both same name: ipads

I see now that one group is working (the group with all the devices) the other group is not working, strangeā€¦.
I dive in to it.

I think i have missed something with testing for the groups.
The group with all the devices (homey-group) is working, the group ipads (a subset only 2 devices) is not working.
I think you need indeed the groupā€™s key to deliver a message.

Hi @Wilfred_Greven. A new release is in the press. Now supporting Alias and Groups.
New hints added to settings and also support groups in a new input.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Hi @Kim_Kokholm ,

Installed the testversion:
-groups is now working,
-alias is now working.

Keep up the excellent work!

1 Like

@dudu_95 new version in TEST supporting custom sounds.
I did not know custom sounds were a thing - now I know. Version pushed for certification and will be released at best tomorrow. Please check it out and provide me feedback.

You might need to restart the app after updating, to load new sounds.

@PandaNL Iā€™ve pushed new version to store - added you as contributor.

Have a nice day.

New version has been approved and is live.

Hello, itā€™s perfect, it works. You are a professional. Thank you for your contribution. Itā€™s thanks to people like you that Homey becomes a high-end product. :smiley:

1 Like

Version 1.0.7 abends with me constantly. Opened a problem

Hi @SingKT Thank you for reaching out. I will try and assist you.

Did you fill in the App Token and User Token in the app-settings? Just to be clear.

Is this yours? ā€œStĆ¼rzt dauernt ab. Homey pro 2023ā€ - and does this mean ā€œhave a good dayā€? :slight_smile:
Just kidding, please paste a screenshot with your settings for me to check. Please cover your keys.

Feel free to DM if you want privacy.

Hi Kim,
Iā€˜d like to send you a screenshot with settings only when trying to put them in I get: ā€žError: app no runningā€œ.
The previous version of your app did not crash but as I did not have my tokens yet I deactivated it.

Regards
Klaus

| Kim_Kokholm
December 4 |

• | - |

Hi @SingKT Thank you for reaching out. I will try and assist you.

Did you fill in the App Token and User Token in the app-settings? Just to be clear.

Is this yours? ā€œStĆ¼rzt dauernt ab. Homey pro 2023ā€ - and does this mean ā€œhave a good dayā€? :slight_smile:
Just kidding, please paste a screenshot with your settings for me to check. Please cover your keys.

Feel free to DM if you want privacy.

Sad to hear that. You probaly need to reinstall it. Check settings as the first thing :slight_smile:
The app is very dependent on this. Sorry this settings is difficult and causing frustation, but once added you dont need to change/think of it again.

Let me know if I can do anything.

+60 users are using the latest version - probaly without issues.
I will be happy to help you out. Let me know.

Tried several times a reinstall of pushover. Restarted Homey before the reinstall only to have the same problem: app crashes immediately after installation or app restart. No chance to customize the app.
Is it possible to test a previous version, letā€™s say 1.0.5 or a debug version?