[APP][Pro] Powerview- Luxaflex & Hunter Douglas

Yes +1, i would like that action card also :wink:

1 Like

Since using this app for opening and closing my shades for a few days now (using action card for setting both positions of shade at once) I have the impression that the position of upper rail is getting out of sync. It doesnā€™t shut completely to top.
Also the positions in api status call /api/shades arenā€™t zero. (But I set them to zero %). Could it bet there is some kind of wrong rounding in the calculation of PowerView position (0-65536) leading to this?

1 Like

@Torch1969 do you also have the Pebble remote?
If so can you see it it can close further?

I have the same with my duettes and Luxaflex said it can happen from time to time

@Friso_Gosliga yes i saw the home assistant integration and there Vane works different.
Iā€™ll try to make a fix for that.

Configurable time will come soon :slight_smile:

See that behaviour here as well, but not just with this app, also with HDā€™s own HomeKit integration (which I no longer use). The calibrate function in the PowerView app solves it.

1 Like

Yes i have a remote, but itā€™s behaving weird and I canā€™t connect it anymore with the hub or shadesā€¦.
With the PowerView app i canā€™t close them any further, so it lookā€™s like some miscallibration

Yes, that solves it, but donā€™t want to calibrate my 3 shades every 2 daysā€¦.

1 Like

Will have a look tomorrow!

1 Like

Donā€™t worry and donā€™t hurry :hugs:

Are you using HA the integration as well? I had this problem and it was terrible. Everyday all Duettes were in a slightly different position, and after two weeks completely out of sync. It turned out to be the HA integration, which polls the Duettes way too much and causes a slight difference in position. Donā€™t ask me why exactly. After setting the polling of HA Powerview (Hunter Douglas) integration to ā€˜noā€™ the problem was completely solved.

1 Like

You mean Home Assistan? No donā€™t use that. Only homey and PowerView app.

1 Like

Yes. Alright. Then thatā€™s not it. :slight_smile: Anyway, polling seems to cause this in some cases.

Well Iā€™ve been testing v2.2.4 and this version causes my hub to lock up after a while.

Iā€™d rather have non-syncing positions than a teenager shouting at the top of the stairs at 1 AM that his curtains donā€™t workā€¦ :joy: The joys of home automation!

1 Like

Yep same here. Will change that interval

I have some ideas to limit the calls and do it on a global level in the app

1 Like

New app update (TEST: 2.3.0):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: manual ip step in pairing process
2: NEW: Detect if Shade has DualMotor
3: NEW: add sync option for Position2
4: NEW: Add FlowCard to set Both positions
5: NEW: update shades on global level (on Hub) @Torch1969
6: NEW: add manual update button & flowcard (on Hub) @Torch1969 @Friso_Gosliga
7: NEW: configurable update interval (on Hub) @Torch1969 @Friso_Gosliga

FIXES:
1: FIX: remove battery if shades are powered (new device setting)
2: FIX: improve app page
3: FIX: remove battery from app page
4: FIX: HUB settings, show powerview IP
5: FIX: api request for second motor
6: FIX: interval to update data

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Powerview - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Donā€™t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version ā†’ PowerviewĀ® App for Homey | Homey

@Torch1969 @Friso_Gosliga So I made the app a bit better :stuck_out_tongue:

The updating of the shades happens on the Hub device right now. Whenever new data is present it will send it to the corressponding shade devices.

So in my case:
I have 4 shades and had 4 calls to update it, now thatā€™s only 1 :slight_smile:

Next to that added a interval setting to the Hub and a button + flowcard for manual updates

1 Like

New app update (LIVE: 2.3.2):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: manual ip step in pairing process
2: NEW: Detect if Shade has DualMotor
3: NEW: add sync option for Position2
4: NEW: Add FlowCard to set Both positions
5: NEW: update shades on global level (on Hub)(only if shades are added to Homey)
6: NEW: add manual update button & flowcard (on Hub)
7: NEW: configurable update interval (on Hub)

FIXES:
1: FIX: remove battery if shades are powered (new device setting)
2: FIX: improve app page
3: FIX: remove battery from app page
4: FIX: HUB settings, show powerview IP
5: FIX: api request for second motor
6: FIX: interval to update data

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Powerview - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

1 Like

Thanks for this version and your quick updates! My Silhouette vane tilt works! Yay!

And the hub no longer locks up.

Only thing so far is that the slider for position 2 has too much range. 0-50 (halfway) controls the vane tilt perfectly. If I go over 50%, the vane goes back to 0 but also gets a bit ā€˜confusedā€™. Can work around this for the time being, very happy with the update.

Yes works really well here too :smiley:

Yes, didnā€™t do anything for the vane yet.
But it has half the range of other products. Iā€™ll make a update for that. :+1:

Thanks for the new (stable) version and improvements in functionality @martijnpoppen. The shades are doing fine without problems and extra attention. In coming days I will look in your new features. Last week Iā€™ve been spending my ā€œHomey-timeā€ on an interesting Homey ā€œtweakā€ project (Homeyduino e-paper screen)

1 Like