[APP][Pro] Powerview- Luxaflex & Hunter Douglas

@robertklep yeah, but im actually misusing it here. As for a Duette which goes top-down-bottom-up i also use the tilt. But Google Home doesn’t recognize windowcoverings_set sub capabilities :confused:

Looks like Google supports 360 rotation: Cloud-to-cloud  |  Google Home Developers

According to the homebridge-powerview integration:

Horizontal and Vertical Shades

For shades with horizontal or vertical vanes, after long-pressing you can tap Details to adjust the tilt angle. For horizontal shades this will range from 0° to 90°, where the vanes are closed at 0°, and the vanes tilted fully open at 90°. For vertical shades it will range from -90° to 90°, with the shades fully open at 0°, and fully closed in either direction at -90° and 90°.

But Homey doesn’t take that in account it’s 0-100 % ofcourse :sweat_smile:

Ah right, in that case it might actually be problematic if I would implement HomeKit support for it based on what it should be (also, I don’t think Homey differentiates between horizontal and vertical window coverings, so translating it properly to HomeKit is difficult anyway).

Yeah that was my main issue indeed.

Also theres no real implementation for topdownbottomup blinds (also not in GH and HK afaik)

I agree this cannot be solved in a generic way in your apps @robertklep, if you don’t know if it’s a horizontal or vertical blind.
Mismatch between homey and HomeKit way of working…:smirk:

1 Like

Well that, and Homey’s SDK not being very strict and lacking in the list of “official” capabilities that it supports, which means app developers often have to create custom capabilities that are, by definition, custom to a single app.

The most challenging part of developing HomeKitty (and HomeyKit) is to work around all that :wink:

2 Likes

@martijnpoppen Quick test looks ok. Shade that wasn’t added correct is now added correct with dual motor and 2 positions. I’ll send DM with few little remarks/questions :grin:

1 Like

Nice! :smiley:

New app update (TEST: 2.2.4):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: manual ip step in pairing process
2: NEW: Detect if Shade has DualMotor
3: NEW: add sync option for Position2
4: NEW: Add FlowCard to set Both positions

FIXES:
1: FIX: remove battery if shades are powered (new device setting)
2: FIX: improve app page
3: FIX: remove battery from app page
4: FIX: HUB settings, show powerview IP
5: FIX: api request for second motor
6: FIX: interval to update data

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Powerview - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Powerview® App for Homey | Homey

Coming weekend I will spend some time to test with NEW.3 and FIX.6. (my wife doesn’t like that I’m playing with the shades at this time of the day :rofl:). But don’t wait for that to deploy this version.

1 Like

@Torch1969 just a FYI i renamed that sync option. Hopefully its better now. Suggestions are welcome :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Martijn! Love the app and how it’s evolving. Recently the HomeKit integration by HunterDouglas has been so problematic for me that I’ve decided to control my shades through your app on Homey and (partly) through HomeKitty, another great app.

Now, I’ve run into a couple of limitations.

1. My shades are Silhouettes, and I cannot find out how to control their vane tilt from the app. The Silhouettes are weird in a way that they allow you to tilt them, but only if they’re fully closed (because of how they’re constructed physically). If you tilt them when they’re not closed, they will close first. They only have one motor; if you tilt them, the motor basically moves ‘past’ the 100% setting and this tilts the vanes. Sorry if this sounds confusing, don’t know how else to explain it. :slight_smile:
  2. The position of the blinds gets synced between your app and HomeKitty perfectly, but is it correct that the PowerView hub doesn’t report positions back if it moves the blinds with one of its own scenes? Every time I use a scene from the hub itself, the positions are messed up. Is this a limitation of the PowerView API?

The other small niggles have already been solved by your new app versions (‘battery powered’ showing on my mains powered blinds).

Keep up the good work!!

Cheers
Friso

Martijn,
Have already have had feedback from Hunter Douglas if they are going to implement the functionality to choose the speed of moving the shades via scenes in theire own hub?
Now if I start a scene it always moves slow but my 3 shades move down/up in sync. If I use the api calls directly, then they move fast, but not in sync.

Hey @Jos_Stultjens
No not yet, I’ll check with them soon.

We start the work agreement also soon :wink:

Hey @Friso_Gosliga
Did you use the new test version? [APP][PRO] Powerview- Luxaflex & Hunter Douglas - #88 by martijnpoppen reporting of the powerview hub is fixed to. But it’s running every 15 minutes. I guess i’ll make that configurable. Only downside is that calling the API too much will crash the hub and you need to physically power it off and on again :sweat_smile:

I read about that Vane tilt.
I’ll have a look at it and will check if I can come up with a fix.

@Torch1969 so it seems like automatically updating the data from Powerview to Homey is causing my Hub to crash a lot.

Will probably make some changes there, but requesting the data for each blind is giving that Hub a hard time. Not sure if you experience the same with Hub gen 1?

@martijnpoppen no, didn’t experience that yet. Hub is responding fine. PowerView app also working fine. Do you request status for each shade separately? Or with the one call returning all shades in once (look in our DM history for example)?

1 Like

No per device it’s requesting, because updating device data globally within a Homey app is a lot harder to do :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, yes of course :crazy_face: didn’t realise that.

1 Like

Ah was a issue at my own hub. :upside_down_face:

Hey Martijn, v2.2.4 now installed. Works well, but no change in vane settings. Tried both options (rail 2 and vane set) but I get error that there is no capability listener for tilt_set. Silhouettes are a bit ‘different’ apparently. :blush:

As for syncing position between hub and Homey, would be great to set polling interval. Could it be an idea to also allow setting to ‘manual’ with a card so that I can trigger position sync for a specific shade 10 sec after I set a scene on the hub? Less stress on the hub maybe.

1 Like