[APP][Pro] Powerview- Luxaflex & Hunter Douglas

Hi Martijn,
The powerview app stopped working properly with my luxaflex duettes, hope you can help. It was working without issues, then it stopped with no obvious reason.
After reinstalling the app on homey I was able to add the powerview hub to homey, but it then fails to add the shades to homey. If I request to find shades it tells me ‘cannot read property ‘name’ of undefined’. No idea what that means.
I already tried powering the powerview Hub off/on, also a hard reset of the hub, restarting homey, reinstalling the powerview app, setting the IP adres of the powerview Hub, unfortunately all this did not resolve the issue.

Hey @Bover
Can you send a diagnostic report?

You can do that via the mobile Homey app

More - apps - Powerview - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

c45c1762-b9e5-42ce-a9d7-fb52678ed05a

@Bover “Product 2” is not reporting its position.
Thats why the app fails during pairing as it expects a position from all the products.

I’ll make a fix that you can add all the products even when the position doesn’t exists.

That fix will be there this afternoon/evening
But you might want to trigger it a few times via the official Powerview app and see if it will pair after that

New app update (LIVE: 2.3.3):

Changelog:

FIXES:
1: FIX: shade pairing when position unknown

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Powerview - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

@Bover should be working with version 2.3.3

New app update (TEST: 2.4.0):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add German translation :de:
2: NEW: add French translation :fr:
3: NEW: add Norwegiang translation :norway:
4: NEW: add Swedish translation :sweden:
5: NEW: add Polish translation :poland:
6: NEW: add Russian translation :ru:
7: NEW: add Danish translation :denmark:
8: NEW: add Italian translation :it:
9: NEW: add Spanish translation :es:

( Thanks ChatGPT :stuck_out_tongue: )

Thank you so much Martijn for the quick reply and fix. Works like a charm again!

1 Like

Super! :smiley:

New app update (LIVE: 2.4.1):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add German translation :de:
2: NEW: add French translation :fr:
3: NEW: add Norwegiang translation :norway:
4: NEW: add Swedish translation :sweden:
5: NEW: add Polish translation :poland:
6: NEW: add Russian translation :ru:
7: NEW: add Danish translation :denmark:
8: NEW: add Italian translation :it:
9: NEW: add Spanish translation :es:

( Thanks ChatGPT :stuck_out_tongue: )

New app update (TEST: 2.5.2):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add Gen3 hub and shades

New app update (LIVE: 2.5.4):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add Gen3 hub and shades

FYI

This app has been transferred to a offical app of Hunter Douglas.

Development work is still done by me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New app update (TEST: 2.6.0):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: Sync IP address to shades when set from Hub
2: FIX: don’t reset IP on startup of app
3: FIX: error handling

Is the manual IP option still available? Because I can’t find it, and it seems to be spending an infinite amount of time trying to find my Hub.

First install, just got my blinds and hub, it’s connected by wire and I believe it’s a hub gen 2 (not 1 or 3)… Is it true that the gen 2 is not supported? In that case I will return it and demand that they deliver a gen 3.

@Jorden

Manual IP only show when it can’t find a hub, so after the discovery failed. I’m not sure what the timeout is for discovery, this is a default Homey function.

Gen 1 is not sold anymore
Gen 2 is default in EU
Gen 3 is the new one and soon to be rolled out in EU, but it requires different shades as well :wink: (it uses BLE instead of RF)

Ah I see. Returning the gen 2 is no option then :slight_smile:
So in the app, the “Powerview Hub” is the one I should choose? Both say “Loading…” after I choose the hub and then click “Install”. It keeps loading for minutes… Anything I can do to make it work?

Should it also recognize my shades before I add the hub to Homey?

@Jorden hmm it should timeout at some point.
You can try via the webapp maybe and see if that shows a different result? (https://my.homey.app)
Which Homey are you on?

And did you already add your powerviewhub to the official powerview app? (just trying to understand the situation :wink: )

It is connected to the app and I set up all devices, scenes etc.

I thought it might had to do with the hub being connected to my wifi router from my provider, instead of to my home network. Changed it but that didn’t help.

Then tried your tip to see if the webapp worked… guess what, I have my hub and all 4 shades in there now. Thanks for you help!

1 Like

Nice! Sometimes the mobile app gets stuck with pairing.

1 Like