[APP][Pro] Powerview- Luxaflex & Hunter Douglas

New app update (LIVE: 2.6.1):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: FIX: prevent hub from getting stuck when it fails to retrieve the latest shade data.

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Powerview - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

1 Like

I have some Duettes on order which will be gen 3. An6 chance this will be pairable directly with Homey Pro 23, since it will use BLE?

Donā€™t really want to add yet another always on network device. Have been eliminating most the past year.

BLE feels like a downgrade, but if it means the hub is no longer required it would be a big plus.

Hey @phusebox
Unfortunately itā€™s only possible with a hub.

Iā€™m cooperating together with Hunter Douglas an looking into possible options for BLE or Cloud.
But at this moment itā€™s not possible :confused:

Fingers crossed, but guess they want to earn money selling those hubs.

I just find it an environmental waste to have yet another device, while the HP23 is perfectly capable.

Letā€™s hope they will make this happen.

Hi Martijn,

What is the status w.r.t. synching 3 shades via a scene, but use the higher speed to move them down/up?

@Jos_Stultjens to be honest. The status is none. :confused:
They were going to check it internally but didnt come back on it

@martijnpoppen

Controlling top-down / bottom-up shades is not very convenient with Homey.

I mean a shade which has 2 rails, one bottom rail and one top rail, which can be controlled individually (but canā€™t pass each other off course). A range control would be ideal for this. This control goes from 0% to 100%, but has 2 handles, on for the low value and one for the high value. So it could for example be form 50% to 75%.This would mean the bottom rail is 50% up and the top rail is 25% down.

To prevent a whole new discussion, that might already have taken placeā€¦ I am asking if you ever did ask Athom if such a control could be added and if not, do you agree this will be a welcome addition?

Hey
@rogierhofboer

I agree that its not that convenient
Unfortunately theres no such control in Homey. It was requested before but im not sure if theres a plan to integrate that.

I did create 2 individual controls in Homey. So primary motor and secondary motor which you can control from 0-100.

But i guess you already saw that :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I did :slight_smile:

FYI

you have to mentally flip the second rail upside-down, So the slider 20% up, means 20% open from the top. Reversing the control, only reverses the operation, but not the display of the control. When the control is reversed, setting 80% sets it 20% from the top, but then is updated and shows 20% (so the same as without reversing). Also the top part is not white, which would be more correct, but this could be a Homey limitation.

The second rail has a vane icon, even though the position kind is secondary rail and not Vane tilt. I know I probably should look into this myself someday or at least create a github issue.

Yeah thats really the limitation of Homey

I added the vane tilt on purpose as you can control it with Google home or homekit.

I might try to reverse the control so it also looks good. But it will not be perfect

@martijnpoppen

Hi, I am about to purchase Duettes with a hub. The functional difference in the app between gen 2 and 3 is not clear to me.
To be able to control the two positions top and bottom would I need the gen 2 or does your app also supports this with the gen 3 hub?

Thanks in advance.

Hey @Hans_Gr

Theres no functional difference in the Homey app between gen 2 and gen 3
They both control the system in the same way. So you can buy a gen 2 or gen 3.

But make sure that if you buy a gen 3 hub you also buy gen 3 duettes

Hi Martijn,
I am using Homey Poweriew 2.6.1 (on HomeyPro) and Luxaflex 3.4.1 applications to control shades. I have set 5 scenes in Lexaflex application (the scenes are also listed when I go to IP/api/scenes). Recently I noticed that I canā€™t control my shades anymore. I had an on-button click flow that activated certain scenes that do not work anymore. I tried to delete and create flows again. I added PowerViewHub into devices but when I try to create flow, in the section ā€œSet scene collectionā€ and ā€œSet sceneā€ no scenes are available ( I expected to have those 5 scenes I created in Lexaflex application and which are available api/scene in browser). I checked the PowerViewHub device IP in settings and it is correct. Just for your information, I have also added to my homey devices the ā€œPowerview Window Coveringā€ and it is working as it should. Any suggestions? Thanks.
[/quote]

Hey @George_Kvachadze

Can you send me a diagnostic report?
Then iā€™ll check in the logs if i can see an issue

You can send a report via the mobile Homey app

More - apps - Powerview - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

@ martijnpoppen

The problem has been resolved. Yesterday, I discovered that the powerview blinderā€™s flows were not working (Iā€™ve flows on sunrise and sunset and the blinders were not responding). I restarted the homey hub and after rebooting all preset scenes are available.
Thank you Martijn.

1 Like

Hey @George_Kvachadze

Good to hear! :smiley:

Ik heb het probleem dat ik wanneer ik mijn Luxaflex gen 2 rolgordijn inlaadt in Homey het gordijn zijn top- en bottom limits verliest. Dit kan soms twee dagen duren maar het is niet stabiel. Duette shades lijkt wel goed te gaan.

Hi @RobbyMoody

Please keep this thread in english as you are on a english forum.

What do you mean whith losing its limits?

Hello @martijnpoppen,

When using the Powerview remote you can set an upper and lower limit for a rollerblind to prevent it from rolling out too far or moving up to high. This works wel when the blind is operated by the Powerview hub but as soon as I import this blind in Homey these limits seem to be forgotten and the blind is rolling out too far (using existing Powerview scenes).

@RobbyMoody thats really strange. And that happens when you run a flow from Homey?

Can you share your flow?