[APP][Pro] Powerview- Luxaflex & Hunter Douglas

Hi Martijn, since the last version (I guess) I can’t control my shades anymore. When I try to add a scene to a flow no scenes are available, when I go to /api/scenes the scenes seem to be available. I already tried removing the app and restarting Homey but nothing seems to work. Anything else I can try?

Hey @Mark_Wittens
I would suggest to check the IP address of the hub. You can do that in the device settings

Ik kan er niet helemaal goed uitkomen. Ik sta op het punt een jalouzie aan te schaffen. Als ik kijk in de app store bij PowerView ondersteun je 2 mogelijkheden nl met de hub of de PowerView Shade. De vriendelijke mevrouw in de winkel wist niet wat dit was. Omdat ik PowerView shade volgens de app op batterijen werkt en ik zeker weet dat mijn jalouzie op 230V werkt neem ik aan dat ik de HUB moet hebben. Alleen de hub heeft alleen als kaarten een scene en ik wil graag net zoals bij een dimmer hem omhoog of omlaag kunnen bedienen en daarnaast kunnen kantelen. Daarnaast natuurlijk heb ik de hub wel nodig want de jalouzie zelf komt ook met een remote waarvan ik niet weet of dit IR of RF is.

Iemand enkele antwoorden?

Hi @ChrisV
This is a English topic so please keep your message in English.

So to answer your question, this question as been asked 22 hours ago.
Same answer : [APP][PRO] Powerview- Luxaflex & Hunter Douglas - #34 by martijnpoppen

This app got a update recently which also makes it possible to add the shades to Homey (hub required). Before it was only possible to set scenes. Now with the individual shades you can also set it to up and down and also control a second motor.

Also see: FAQ

1 Like

@ChrisV good point about the battery/230v variant, I’ll make a update for that. Same product, but nice to show it :slight_smile:

New app update (TEST: 2.0.7):

Changelog:

FIXES:
1: FIX: remove battery if shades are powered (new device setting)
2: FIX: improve app page
3: FIX: remove battery from app page

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Powerview - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Powerview® App for Homey | Homey

1 Like

@martijnpoppen
At this moment I’m using the direct API-call method to control shade’s and scene’s on my Powerview hub. I would like to give this app a try, but somehow my hub (generation 1, the square black one) and shade’s are not recognized. When trying to add the hub or shade the app say’s “Er zijn geen nieuwe apparaten gevonden” ( “No new devices found have been found”).

Both homey and Powerview are on same LAN and the official Powerview hub is able to recognize the hub. Even a fresh PtP didn’t solve this.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this?

Maybe you can add the possibility to enter ip address of hub manually when adding hub or shade?

Hey that is strange

Probably the discovery is a bit different for this hub

Will have a look! :smiley:

@Torch1969 do you have a mac or iPhone? :smiley: ?

@martijnpoppen Yes and yes.

@Torch1969 if you get this app ‎Discovery - DNS-SD Browser on the Mac App Store

It will show the mdns discovery of all your devices in the network.
If Powerview is there we can see the difference and it will.be easy to add

@martijnpoppen I’m already using that app (on iPad). What should I look for? So far I can’t find PowerView hub on any of all the items shown in discovery app. Could it be that, from what i’ve read, the hub uses NetBios for discovery?
Maybe switch to DM for debugging and share results later on in this forum?

1 Like

I’ll add a manual option :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@martijnpoppen

Hi Martijn

So to be clear i ALWAYS need the hub and probably also with the new homey right ??

Thats a bummer … the same happened with the new Brel roler blinds … so i would basically need 2 extra hubs ( in 2023 for heaven sake ). Worst thing … the old app for my old brel blinds is still not updated and this will cause my 5 motors to be useless.

Do you think with Matter this can change ?
What would be the point of matter if people still end up with a dozen hubs :grimacing:

Anyway … this has nothing to do with you off course … i will receive my new luxaflex system in the next 2 weeks … unfortunately i did not know i would need a hub for Homey so i did not order that :disappointed:

@Dennis_H74 ehm yes :sweat_smile: :point_down:

I made that clear on the app page already. : [APP][Pro] Powerview- Luxaflex & Hunter Douglas - #46 by martijnpoppen

Luxaflex is coming with a new product, not sure if that supports Matter

If I were to guess, it’s a hub that supports Matter.

Thanks for the response.

And that hub is not cheap either … my blinds already costed a small fortune :disappointed:

Yeah I know :frowning:

New blinds are BLE. But not sure if i can get that in to the app directly.

But bit too late for that i guess :see_no_evil:

I’ll make the app update soon so its clear for everybody.

Somehow i got this same question 3 times in one day :stuck_out_tongue:

Is there a sale on Powerview? :joy:

Hehehe … i wish there was a sale :grimacing:

1 Like

New app update (TEST: 2.1.2):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: manual ip step in pairing process

FIXES:
1: FIX: remove battery if shades are powered (new device setting)
2: FIX: improve app page
3: FIX: remove battery from app page
4: FIX: HUB settings, show powerview IP

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Powerview - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Powerview® App for Homey | Homey