[App][Pro] HomeKitty šŸ˜ø (aka HomeyKit 3.0)

I migrated to HomeKitty today and itā€™s all that I missed on HomeyKit. The list of devices is a great improvement (who on earth thought that enable and disable devices in HomeyKit should have the same color text for adding/removing them :crazy_face: would be a good idea).

Anyway, to give some feedback to improve it even more: sorting. The list looks now randomly sorted. It would be great if it was sorted on room, then device.

//edit: removed autocorrect mistakes

2 Likes

Hi, having some problems with dimming lights on the new app, worked fine with the old one.
Sometimes the first try/tries works fine but not always. After dimming once, it usually failes on the next try, jumps back to last dimming level on the app without the lights changing. After this it dosent respond to new inputs. Is this a known problem?

1 Like

No, not a known problem, and also quite strange. Please create an issue here, as this forum isnā€™t very suitable to discuss issues: Issues Ā· robertklep/name.klep.homekitty Ā· GitHub

Please provide as much details as possible (type of device, app thatā€™s used for the devices, and preferably device (virtual) class and capabilities, which can be found here).

You donā€™t still have the old (HomeyKit) app running, do you? If so, please disable or uninstall it, since running both apps can cause problems in certain situations.

Thanks for quick reply. I have added the problem on github now.
Not familiar with all the ID info you need, so let me know if anything is missing.

Implemented in the current test version: HomeKitty | Homey

1 Like

That is quick! Iā€™ll wait for it to be final, as I am fishing other unstable things and bugs from other things :frowning:

You were the one asking for itā€¦ :thinking:

I know, but as I said (and you because you replied) I have issues with Zigbee sensors.
I can only take one step at a time.

Hi Robert, thanks for making this new app! I liked the previous app and I am confident that it will work even better.

But right now I have a problem:
I use it to send commands to my kids through Sonos. The strange thing is that these commands fire 3 times when I press the button in Appleā€™s Home app. But when I press the button in Homey, the command only fires once, like it should. I have tried several things like resetting the app but it still happens.

To make it very clear to me, I tested this with a new button and a flow that adds a line to the timeline in Homey. When I press the button in Homey, I get one line. When I press the button in Appleā€™s Home app, I get three linesā€¦

Do you recognize this? Do you have any suggestions to solve this?

Preferably, post your issue on the Github issue tracker for the app, itā€™s much easier to discuss issues there: Issues Ā· robertklep/name.klep.homekitty Ā· GitHub

Please also include screenshots of the flows youā€™re using.

Hello Robert
Thanks for all the work.
I have just uninstalled the ā€œoldā€ Homeykit and installed Homeykitty.
I like the obvious good ideas you have worked with.
I have run into a small issue that I have had to work around:
The configuration of which devices to reveal to Homekit (obviously you have some good thoughts on the interface in that area).
I can however not make it work as Iā€™d expect.
After I select which devices to pass over, nothing happens in Homekit - is there a button to push that I have not found?
Anyway I then pushed the ā€œPublish All Devicesā€ ā€¦ with the expected result. I have a room for all the unwanted doublets now, as I had with Homekit).
Br

HomeKitty 2.0.0 (HP2023 compatibility)

I just released HomeKitty 2.0.0 on the test channel. This version should be compatible with the new Homey Pro (2023).

Due to changes in the underlying homey-api module, issues might pop up, also on the ā€œoldā€ Homey Pro.

If you run into problems, please find me on Slack or post an issue on Github (I prefer not to deal with issues on this forum because itā€™s very hard to track them here).

2 Likes

Thanks for this great app, everything seems to work pretty good :grinning: However, my UniFi Protect Cameraā€™s (using the Homey Unifi protect plugin) are not available to select in Homekitty, can that be added please? :grinning: I used that before with my doorbell and such to homekit.

1 Like

Please open an issue on Github.

Hi,

[EDIT] Problem solved after several resets of HomeyKitty [EDIT]

I get the following error when i try to add HomeyKitty to Homekit.

When i create a fresh new house i get it aswel.

Running ios 16.4 with updated Homekit intergration, Homey early 2018

Anyone has an idea what to do? tried to reboot Homey and Phone.

[EDIT] Problem solved after several resets of HomeyKitty [EDIT]

Hello, I am looking for a possibility to integrate a Homekit device (thermostat) that have no app in the Homey App Store. I donā€™t think this is possible with Homekitty right now, but are there plans for this? If anyone has a suggestion to realize this, Iā€™d love to hear it :slightly_smiling_face:
So Iā€™m looking for a way the other way around!

1 Like

No, sorry.

@robertklep, Any way you could integrate homekitā€™s geolocation in the app (ie read home/away per user) and use it as ā€œwhenā€ trigger?

I guess itā€™ll be tough as right now itā€™s more of a ā€œpushā€ model rather than pull data from Homekit but itā€™d be a great feature

Here is one way to do it: