[App][Pro] HomeKitty 😸 (aka HomeyKit 3.0)

Hello All!

I’m using the app on the Homey pro 2023.
Now I have a problem with my LG Airconditioning.

They work fine in Homey via the LG Thing App, however they do not work in the home app.

I do see them in the home app, I can control them, I do not receive any error message but nothing happens.

What I did try:

• restart homey
  • restart app homeykitty
  • remove device from homekit / add device from homekit via homey kitty setting
  • add devices to a new test home in home app

Any idea what I can try else?

Thanks!

Thanks! I don’t know why I was back to the stable version :man_shrugging:t3:
Much appreciated, everything works well :muscle:

Other things to try:

Hello!

Thank you for your response.

Installed the test app, tried my steps again and yours with the HomePod and Apple TV.

Still not functioning unfortunately.

It might be something specific to the LG devices. Does nothing work, or only specific commands?

What you can do is try to control the device from Home, then create a diagnostics report for the app, perhaps I can see something in the log.

Nothing works on the LG devices. The rest works perfectly.

Have send a few commands here is the log:

fa1ed7e4-19c4-4c55-9bc5-6525c974ea79

Hi!

HomeKitty crashing after the latest Homey update (10.2.1) for me on Homey Pro (2023). Crash occurs immediately after restarting the app.
Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Try to use the latest experimental version of HomeKitty - at least this works for me

Tried it also. Same thing. Keeps crashing.

Update: After one more Homey restart the experimental version started working!

I think you were the one that submitted the diagnostics report?

Like I said in my response, it looks like the new firmware can cause apps to start multiple times, which causes it to crash because it’s trying to use resources that are already taken by the first instance of the app.

Yes, indeed I was the one.
Thanks for the update.

Luckily the experimental version is working at the moment.

Robert thanks so much for all your work here. Still getting my sea legs under me with home automation but I started with Homey and am building out from there. Homekitty has been very helpful!

2 Likes

Thanks, also for your donation! (I assume that was you :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

**Disregard, they’re all chilling in my "Virtual’ room :melting_face:

Thank you for this project! So far I’ve had a better experience with this than the stock HomeKit experiment.

I have a question about Adaptive lighting. It seems that Hue lights exposed to HomeKit do not support Adaptive lighting, whereas they do support it when directly connected to HomeKit. Is this something that is exposed in the Homey API, or is it impossible with the current platform?

I don’t have any Hue devices, but AFAIK this isn’t exposed to Homey and therefore also not available for HomeKitty to use.

Hi! Do you have time to check this diagnostic? All devices get added to the room where I place the HomeKitty device inside Home. I’ve reinstalled HomeKitty, restored Hime, used 900 seconds delay etc. But nothing seems to fix this.

930e3b03-dbb1-4def-a0ce-1b9675dcf31f

HomeKitty has nothing to do with rooms, it just presents a bunch of devices to iOS/macOS. Any room configuration/handling is done entirely on the Apple device.

@robertklep
Hi, I finally bought the Pro, after having tested with the bridge last year.
I have installed your Homekitty app, all devices are nicely pushed to the Home app on my iphone, however the devices are Undefined & Unavailable on my Mac.
I need them available via the Mac because I’m planning to use the VIZ designer for creating nice dashboards and place one or 2 tablets in my home for easy use.

Any idea wht the rootcause might be? I’m I doing something wrong?
I’m surely happy to support your app (donate) but being dutch off course only once everything works :wink:
mvg,
Titus

This is usually caused by misbehaving Home hub devices (Apple TV or HomePod), so try rebooting those if you have them.

If not, and assuming that you don’t have a special network setup like having separate VLAN’s for your devices, make sure your Mac doesn’t have an active firewall that might be blocking the HomeKit protocol, and also make sure your Home app on macOS is configured to use the correct home.