[App][Pro] HomeKitty šŸ˜ø (aka HomeyKit 3.0)

Hi, have you thought about adding wider support for Xiaomi air purifiers? Currently it works on an on-off basis, maybe it would be possible to add speed regulation?

The second device is adding an iRobot vacuum cleaner to Apple Home :slight_smile:

No, thatā€™s not something I think about :man_shrugging:t3:

If you want specific device support, please create a separate issue for each device on Github. The issue template will ask for information that I need to know before I can say if adding support is possible.

Hi there - before I post to GitHub, I wanted to check to see if this is a known problem.

I love the application, thank you for all your work in developing and supporting it.

I have a Nest thermostat which works, arguably , correctly through the Homey app with my Homey Pro. However, when i setup HomeKitty, the temperature is wildly off (68Ā° F in Nest or Homey, 158Ā° F in Home).

Is this a known issue? If not, Iā€™ll open a ticket. I didnā€™t want to do that if itā€™s something everyone already knows about (since, I donā€™t have a Starling, Iā€™m guessing this might be a pipe dream anyhow)

Thanks again!

Brian

Internally, Homey always works with Celsius so HomeKitty sets the ā€œtemperature display unitsā€ to Celcius as well. My guess is that thereā€™s still a conversion going on somewhere (although 158F is not 68C, which is strange), but Iā€™m not sure where.

Can you find your device here and check the values of the measured and target temperatures?

EDIT: I now see that HomeKitty might not be setting the temperature units correctly. Iā€™ll try and see if I can fix that.

EDIT 2: try the latest test version (v2.2.13): HomeKitty | Homey

Thanks for looking into this. Hereā€™s the update. I installed the 2.2.13 version, and didnā€™t see a change immediately.

• I restarted the HomeKitty app, and went to app settings and toggled the Thermostat from devices list. Saw it disappear from Home, and toggled it back on. Same error.

• I went to the Nest app, and did a ā€œattempt to repairā€ ā€¦ no difference.

• So I removed the device from Nest and re-added it, et voila, we have a change, but a new error. It was reading 32Ā° C in Home, while reading 68Ā° F in Homey (in the time Iā€™ve been writing this, itā€™s gone back to 156Ā°)

Another interesting thing is device status isnā€™t correct. In Homey it is on/Heat (current temp 68Ā° / set point 71Ā° and itā€™s runnng) where as in Home, itā€™s showing as Off, current temp 156Ā°, humidity 0%, and set temp 50Ā°)

Both measure_temperature and target_temperature capabilities in Homey arenā€™t correct, they should contain the Celsius value but they contain the Fahrenheit value. Thatā€™s an issue with the Nest app, not something HomeKitty can fix.

Also, nest_thermostat_mode is a custom capability, unique to the Nest app, and HomeKitty doesnā€™t support those.

Iā€™m not sure why the humidity isnā€™t shown correctly, though.

Oh, no, the measure_temperature Temperaturenumber 69 and target_temperature Heat number 71 in Homey are correct and match whatā€™s in the native app, and on the device display (all in F). It is only the Home where the problem exists.

Iā€™m trying some different formulas, and itā€™s possible that the calculation is trying the (9/5) multiplication against the F temperature, and then adding 32 to the result. I believe the correct order of operations is {(Ā°F-32)* (5/9)} to get to Ā°C.

If I try (Ā°F * (9/5))+32 it gets to 155 which is whatā€™s showing up in Home.

I understand that you think they are correct, but theyā€™re not: they should be in Celsius, because thatā€™s what Homey uses internally. Only when temperatures are displayed (mobile app, web app) should they be converted to the local temperature scale.

This is the unit definition of measure_temperature:

"units": {
    "en": "Ā°C"
  },

This is an issue with the Nest app that I cannot fix.

Whatā€™s happening is that Home also assumes that the temperatures supplied by HomeKitty are in Celcius, and subsequently converts them to your local preference.

Had some major issues first with the HomeKit experiment and then with the HomeKitty. Both of them published the devices to HomeKit, but neither of them gave access to any of the devices. All devices remained ā€œnot respondingā€ no matter whatā€¦until I removed all my 3 Apple TVs and two HomePod minis from the pictureā€¦scarabough and now itā€™s all working with HomeKitty!

Well almost allā€¦for some reason my Aqara and Sonoff temperature sensors do not show up in HomeKit although they are toggled on in the HomeKittyā€™s list of devices. Any ideas how to get them working?

Thatā€™s fairly common, although usually a reboot of those devices will be enough.

If they are toggled on it means they are supported by HomeKitty, and passed to iOS, but sensors arenā€™t shown as separate devices until you dig deeper, for instance through the Climate category and then clicking Temperature/Humidity.

Ooh now I found them. However for some odd reason they only show humidity data and not temperature at all. I recall having the same issue with the Homeyā€™s HomeKit experiment.

Edit: I take my words back. Both are shown.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [App][Pro] HomeyKit

Hello,

Xiaomi Air Purifier 3H is not recognized as Air Purifier but like a simple switch with your plugin.

Can you please fix this?
Thanks

Itā€™s likely nothing has changed since this request for device support so itā€™s probably not possible to add support for it.

This works great: GitHub - merdok/homebridge-miot: Homebridge plugin for devices supporting the Xiaomi miot protocol

Homey works in a completely different way.

This same issue occurs with the Honeywell Home app, unfortunately.

Itā€™s still not an issue with HomeKitty :frowning:

Ah sorry I meant ā€œissueā€ as in problem, not issue with HomeKitty. I probably ought to file a report against the Athom app for this Iā€™m guessing?

Yes, it sounds as if the Honeywell Home app does the same as the Nest app: it doesnā€™t (or possibly isnā€™t even able to) check the temperature scale of the device, and it assumes the device provides temperatures in Celcius, even if the device uses Fahrenheit.

Athom should fix this in the Honeywell app.