[App][Pro] HomeKitty 😸 (aka HomeyKit 3.0)

Hi everyone,

I’ve created a window covering in Homey using Virtual Devices, including both the up/down movement function and the slat tilt function. However, when I add the device to HomeKit via HomeKitty, I only see the movement function.

Is it possible that the tilt function isn’t supported in HomeKit, or am I missing something in the configuration? It seems strange to me. Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Assuming you’re using windowcoverings_tilt_set: that capability is not supported by HomeKitty at the moment, the reason being that I have no idea how to translate that capability (which is a percentage) to something that HomeKit understands (HomeKit supports horizontal and vertical tilt angles).

Thank you for your response. Yes, it’s about windowcoverings_tilt_set. I don’t know how to solve that either :confused:

You could try using the dim capability instead of the windowcoverings_tilt_set (if that’s possible for your device). That capability is supported by HomeKitty for window coverings.

That’s a great solution, but I encountered what seems to be a limit of HomeKit: for a single device it can show only one between position and dim, not both. Basically, if I create a Virtual Device with only dim it is shown in Apple Home, but if I make a VD with both dim and windowcoverings_set it only shows the latter. I’ll proceed by making two different devices.

Ah, yes, you’re right. For window coverings that use dim, the only other supported capability is windowcoverings_state

Has anybody found a way, through Homekitty, to get a Fibaro relay switch (which I use to open the garage door) to show up on Apple Carplay, when in the car, automatically as garage door open button?

Hei
I have had trouble with HomeKit for some weeks now. Some times it works, some times it can’t find anything from homey. Tried deleting Homey from HomeKit and reinstalling HomeKitty on homey but now I can’t add it back, any idea what I can try to fix it?

HP23 with WiFi and Ethernet
HomeKit: Apple TV and HomePod
Static ip on every thing.

This is almost always caused by misbehaving Home hubs (your ATV and/or HomePod) or Homey’s networking. Try rebooting them all.

Have tried to restart everything, but still won’t connect, have tried if it could be because of an unsupported device, so I tried to add it without any devices but was still not able to add it.

If the app doesn’t crash (and from what I can see, it doesn’t), it’s a networking issue and I can’t really help with that :frowning:

Hi, I have a problem where my shades (Somfy RTS) are reacting in big delay (30s - 60s), after first reaction they work fine for the moment but very soon all back to delay.
BTW, just got yesterday fresh new Homey Pro and installed HomeKitty.

Please see the first post of the thread for troubleshooting tips. This is usually related to a misbehaving Home hub (like an Apple TV or a HomePod).

Hi, just connected fresh HomePod very close to Homey (if this is important I don’t know) and it works now.

No, not important :slight_smile: Both devices use your regular (WiFi/wired) network.

Hi @robertklep
Since v2.2.16 (test) the app crashes directly at start.
Sent diagreport: f6443e5b-36d0-4216-ba5b-b092f46b0e8b

Apologies, a PR that I merged was broken and I didn’t check properly :grimacing:

Just pushed v2.2.17 to the test channel.

Lightning fast as always @robertklep :metal:
Can confirm it’s working again :pray:

1 Like

I just released HomeKitty v2.3.0 as the current test version.

This version uses a different method to determine which capabilities should be passed to iOS (preventing hidden or maintenance capabilities from being passed).

Please let me know if you run into any issues with this release.

1 Like