[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

@Undertaker @Ollem

Can you share some screenshots of motion settings? That means entity attributes from HA developer tools. And perhaps some examples how motion alert is enabled/disabled (switch entities or camera attributes?) and how motion is shown (binary sensor or camera attribute).

Reolink

I installed the camera with your app in Homey. Then I added the binary sensors to the created device using Repair Device:

binary_sensor.hauser_motion
binary_sensor.hauser_pet
binary_sensor.hauser_person

The recognition and differentiation between thing, person and animal works very reliably.

For the Insar cameras, I haven’t had time to fully integrate them yet.

1 Like

Thanks guys. So it’s like for most devices that the additional data is implemented as standalone sensors and switches. So I would say the camera is what it is - just a snapshot viewer :slight_smile:

Do I see the neighbor’s infamous scooter on the left? :sweat_smile::crazy_face:

1 Like

Very attentive and correct !
After the unpleasant incident with the elephant toothpaste, he has become a little more careful.

1 Like

Hi i am noob :smiling_face:

I can’t get the presence state to work. I have my home called Hemma and i want to use the state to activate a switch when iam home or not.

I use it in flows but i cant get it to trigger even if use home/not_home or Hemma.

If I am home and in the flow ive selected presence state is home it is saying iam not.

I hope someone could explain how i should use this.

I use my iPhone to track the state

Hi Danne. Can you reach HA from internet? (NabuCasa, DuckDNS etc.)
Otherwise your phone can’t report the not-at-home location data.

Thank you for replying.

Yes i use duckdns.

Every ting works fine except to use presence state in flows

What is the state when you look for your phone or person entity in Developer/States?

It should be equal to the Presence device @ Homey:

This flow should work in theory:

If it’s a presence entity in HA, you should be able to add it as presence device.

Then you can use the trigger, Peter suggested.

If the HA entity is a sensor entity, you can try to add it as sensor device.
Please check, which domain is used in your entity id.

They are the same in HA and homey

Ronny i have done that. Added it as a presence in homey

I think i got it to work when i am using logic card insted :+1:

Thanks for all the help. You are the best

1 Like

Yeah I noticed “And” cards from other apps don’t always work (as expected), but the logics cards always do.

I have to check the presence state condition card what is used.

But you can use the triggers for presence on/off and the condition card for active presence alarm instead. That’s based on the alarm capability of your Homey device and not based on entity states.

There are 2 capabilities in the device.

1st: the alarm capabilitiy (where the trigger/condition above belongs to)
2nd: the state (the entity state from HA). Thats a text value.

But it can be that a capability is changed in the app, the trigger is fired and your flow is started while the second capability is not updated yet.
So using “presence state changed” and “presence state is” should be ok.
But I still suggest to use the alarm trigger and alarm cindition because it doesn’t need to set a text value and is easier to use in flows.

New test version 1.3.13:

• Fixed presence state condition card

@Danne_Bro @Peter_Kawa
The card was not working correctly. Thanks for reporting. :+1:
The bug should be fixed in the new test version. It would be nice if you can check it next days.

2 Likes

I have the new test version and nothing is happening when test this flow

You have to use the value shown in the device of HA (the real value, not a translated label).
Screenshot_20230717_060617_Firefox

1 Like

Hi Ronny.
Is it possible to make the camera entity available in a compound device?
Or the other way around, like adding all entities for a compound device to the camera device.

I started using Home Assistant about a week ago and this app has been a godsend. It’s opened up a world of options. Thank you for all your amazing work!

I do have one question. I’m awaiting the installation of some A/C units (coming mid August) and I’m playing around with one of the wifi dongles until then (MHI-AC-Ctrl, a hacked solution that makes it possible to overwrite the internal temperature sensor). I got the dongle connected to Home Assistant and imported into Homey as a Climate device, but the “Set value number of capability ___ to ____” flow card doesn’t seem to be working for me. I can neither select nor type in a capability. I tried both target_temperature and measure_temperature, both of which are listed in Homey Developer Tools as capabilities, but when I hit enter nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I just be patient and wait to experiment until the actual A/C units arrive? :grimacing:

I think this is the way to customize any HA device just anyway you like, which replaces the compound device so to speak: