[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

Ok, then I will remove this list entry. Please comment if you need something else.

If you added the button as button device and then added further enties, then it acts as you said. If the main entity is unavailable, the device gets unavailable.
But when you use the “custom device” and add all entities, this should not happen. For now I haven’t implemented a unavailable logic because the capabilities are all independent.

New test version 1.3.9

• Added media image support fot http URLs

@basvanderploeg Ready to test :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! Works like a charm. Thank you!

3 Likes

New test version 1.3.10

• Added generic condition cards.
    grafik

You can use these cards to check a numeric, text or boolean capability. Boolean capabilitites can be an alarm (binary sensor) or onoff (switch) capability.
Select the capability of your device and set a value you want to compare.
The capability list includes all device capabilities, not only the manually added ones (custom device).

1 Like

I’m loving the app, way better than the athom version.

I do have a question though, I’m trying to get all my hue devices in Homey through HA, reason is that the HA implementation seems to be better for Homey and its responsiveness. But I can’t get the dimmer’s and buttons to show through the HA Community app (it does work through the Athom version).

Am I missing something?
Thanks

Hi @Techniman,

the Hue devices don’t use persistent states for these buttons. Instead events are used.
The events are generic and the event data depends in the HA integration.

Please check this posts and the example in last post. That should guide you how to use the Hue events.

Example.

For further questions, please ask :slight_smile:

I wonder if Athom has a integration specific implementation. But as there are too many different integration, I can only provide a generic usage.

Test version 1.3.11 brings another useful extension

• Add numeric entities as changeable capability

Numeric entities got added as sensor only. But now you can also change such entities in Homey.
While adding a number. or input_number. entity you can select this option:

The min/max/step definition of the entity is preselected.

The numeric entity is added as a slider control. If needed to see the number value, you can add the entity as sensor, too.

Push the slider to change the value - or use the flow card:
grafik

Thanks to @Peter_Kawa for his tireless search for new ideas :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a mil, Maestro Ronny! Really impressive.
I can now fully control my occupancy sensors, the ‘cause’ of my request

Also you made a really cool solution for the auto conversion for the min/max values of the Homey slider (0 to 100)

I made a little demo to see it in action (watch the sync speed also)

Peek 2023-07-04 02-36
(Pls ignore the movement of the Max distance slider when Motion hold is changed, it’s not caused by the HA community app)

1 Like

Does anyone know what capability I can use for text?
I’d like it to be on the same page as the sensor data, if possible…

measure_generic (in the HA app).

You can add a text entity as sensor device and it will get the text sensor. Or you can add the entity in repair view to every device. When selecting the text entity, the capability is preset as measure_generic.entityId (subcapability).

Thanks, but I cannot add this measure_generic in the yaml on the HA side ?
I’d like to make several compound devices and keep everything as clean as possible

-=edit=-

Nevermind that seems to be working, thanks again!

Yes, you can. When using more than one mesaure_generic in one device, you have to use subcapabilities like measure_generic.01.

But why still using yaml?
Just create a custom device, goto settings/repair and add jour entities.
It’s much easier to change them afterwards.

Like so many others Homey and Hue don’t mix well, so I decided to have everything in HA if possible, for example SwitchBot and Withings just work better in Homey… Anyway then I’ll just link HA to Homey and have the best of both worlds. Building the compound-devices in HA looks really clean and I love the fact I can connect to my test homey as well, also I just purchased my Homey Pro 2023 and waiting for it to arrive. That way I do not need to build everything from scratch (not going to use the move option)

1 Like

@RonnyW Would it be possible to include an option to add camera’s? Homey doesn’t support streaming content, but snapshots (using the entity_picture) would be pretty nice.

I have to check if I can add my camera to test it. But it should be possible. I know who can test for me :grinning:
Do you know if a camera can have a motion alert? If yes, as entity added to the camera device or as event?

My camera isn’t using motion alerts. It’s basically just an RTSP stream and static snapshot image.

The entity_picture url is showing the snapshot when I visit it in my browser.

So I would like to be able to use the Homey camera interface (see the example below) to view the entity_picture.

1 Like

New test version 1.3.12:

• Added camera device
    Add your camera and check the snapshot in your Homey device
    Currently only the camera snapshot is supported.
    Cameras with on/off feature should offer a switch to turn on/off. Please report is it’s not working (I can’t test with my generic camera entity).

If someone has a camera with the possibility to switch motion detection on/off, please post a screenshot of your entity attributes (HA developer view) so I can check which attributes are used.

@basvanderploeg This is the way :smile:

5 Likes

@RonnyW Awesome!! It works exactly as how I imagined it. :star_struck:

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Works for me too with Unifi Protect camera’s!

(those camera’s do have motion detection options…)

Reolink Cameras works !
Instar Cameras works !

:+1::+1: