[APP][Pro] HDL Smartbus

Hello Frederik, no problem with new Homey. But my problems with old Homey was really to a small extent so hard to say. Im waiting for ethernet adapter whis is not a part of new Homey and isnt in our Czech stores for now.

Be ready for losing speaker (you can connect old homey as satelite and can use old homey). And also all my zigbee devices had to remove and pair again. Repairing by Homey didn’t worked.

Thanks for you feedback. Really appreciated :slight_smile:

For me there is mainly two challenges:

• UV switches and UV switches that I do not send myself is received by Homey (ghost switches…) I think this is a problem in my HDL system which is from 2010 (early version)

• Motion lightning control - as per my post from end June. It seams like when I enter a room Homey receives the light “Turn on signal”, but due to some delay (and the fact that the motion sensor also sends a “Turn off” signal to Homey as soon as I do not move) it does not turn the light on until next “Turn on” Signal. The consequences is that it can take 20-30 seconds (and sometimes longer) before a light is turned on after entering the room, something that is in practical terms not good… I was considering moving to Homey Pro 2023 with Ethernet migth ensure the communication packages is handled better. I guess the way I have programmed the motion sensor in HDL is correct, since I have not received any feedback of any errors…

When you look at the HDL motion sensor, do you have the same as me (activated and deactivated etc).

Finally a reply here on the forum. thanks @horakmar

I do not have motion sensor. Maybe in the future…

1 Like

Hello. I have ugraded to Homey Pro 2023 with ethernet adapter. It worked “out of the box” with my HDL components and how I had it configured on Homey Pro 2019. The system works fast and is “rock stable”. I’m not using HDL motion sensors through Homey.

1 Like

Hi @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe,

Two things:
On your movement/no movement setup you are sending UV 212 on/off to device 13 on subnet 1. Is that the address of your HDL Homey app? It shouldn’t matter much, but maybe just send the Universal switch to 255 and 255 (aka. broadcast it to everyone on the bus).

I have some issues with my old Windows machine where I have the HDL BusPro Setup tool (and I usually work on a Mac) so I can’t verify this now, but shouldn’t there be a “departure time” on your motion sensor setup? I would think that the way it stands now it is programmed to send both on and off at the same time, whereas it should be sending only one. You could experiment by setting the sending of “off” to “invalid” to see if that solves your problem. Homey will ask for the status of all devices every 60 seconds, so it should find that there is no movement then.

Andreas

1 Like

@AndreasL thank you for your support :ok_hand::raised_hands:

My Homey app adress is as you mention id 13.

Do you mean to try sending UV 255 from the Motion sensors instead?

It was a good idea to try disabling the no motion command. Departure time in the sensor correct and 0 I think.

Will do some testing as advice and has also ordered Homey Pro 2023 with Ethernet adapter :ok_hand:

@AndreasL

I have now done further testing. I have not found any solution yet.

I have now set the sending of “off” to invalid.
For some occasions it does seem to help, but I have not been able to conclude yet, since it is sometimes fast as expected, and other times slow (up to 30 seconds from detection to turning on light)
I have also tested to set the sending of “on” to invalid, meaning no signals sent to any UV’s from the motion sensors.

After having done this to one sensor I was really suprised that the sensor still worked in Homey and detected motion. I then tried to disable the UV switch (sending on or off) feature on all my HDL 8i1 or 12i1 sensor.
To my big suprise the motion detectors still work, and turn on the light, however sometimes fast as expected and sometimes very slow… It also detects no motion after a few seconds.

Is this really possible, that the multisensor positioned in the room in Homey app actually sends commands to the light, meaning I do not have to send any UV’s or do you have any other explanation ?

Hi @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe ,

The app will ask for a general update from all devices on the bus every 60 seconds. At that point, if the motion on the multisensor is reported as active, that will become the status on device in Homey too, and any flow connected to motion will be triggered. This probably is the main trigger in your case, leaving the sensor as unstable, as motion only is registered if there is motion when asked within that 60 second gap. The motion status on the multisensor is short lived, so it will frequently report “no motion” even though you are in a room. That is why you want inactivity over a period of time to be the indication of “off”, not just the status of the motion sensor (as it seems you have in your flows).

As a reminder, every 60 seconds will result in an average of 30 seconds response time, which matches your description.

Using UVs is a way of rectifying this, as you can actively have the multisensor telling the Homey App that there is movement and have actions triggered. It is basically just dependant of a few things:

1. That the multisensor turns the UV number that is set in the settings part of the Homey App to “ON” (defaults to 212)
  2. That the signal is sent out on the bus (happens automatically when you define a UVs like you have done)
  3. That the Homey app gets to read that signal and recognises that is is from the multisensor we are talking about.
    In theory it shouldn’t matter what device you send the message to, as long as it is on the same subnet (the Homey App will read all), but you could also define it as a broadcast message on subnett 255 and to device 255. But again - shouldn’t matter.

So that is why your sensor works without the UVs - it is updated by general device updates on the bus.

As to why it doesn’t work for you with the UV activation (sending “ON”), your guess is as good as mine. I would think the most probable reason is that there is a lot of traffic on the bus and that Homey doesn’t catch it or have the capacity to handle it, but that is just a guess. As I’ve said, it works very fast and reliable for me, and that is as far as my ambitions go with this project. I would think that there is a fair chance that using the new Homey with the Ethernet adapter would help - I’ve been running it for months now and it is super fast. But again - no guarantee from my side.

1 Like

@AndreasL thank you for a very well explained reply :slight_smile:
I totally understand that your ambitions are reached.
Your explanation and reasoning seems logical, and I am now in contact with HDL for ways to determine if my bus is overloaded or not, and what I can do. I have already factory reset four of 6 multisensor to see if that helps, but no difference.
It does not seems to be possible to send a broadcast message from the multisensor. It does not allow me to insert subnet 255 and device 255 in the 8i1 uv command window.

Are you sure there is no potential bug either in Homey or the HDL Homey app, because I have also discovered the turning on/off challenge on my relays.
This does not happen all the time, but quite often.

Since this should not be caused by potential loaded bus I guess, it is really strange if I am the only one experiencing this :thinking:

Hi Andreas,

Looking at HDL – HDL-MC64-DALI.431 for my setup. Do you know of anyone who tried this?

Hi @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe,

I’m am sure that are bugs in the software - that is the nature of software and to be expected. Feel free to find them and fix - this is an open source project.

Andreas

Hi @Birk_Nygaard,

I don’t have any DALI-eqipment, but I think there are other people who have tried and succeeded?

Andreas

2 Likes

Hi.

My HDL has worked perfectly with homey gor about a month.
But yesterday, everything stoped working.
I have restarted the app, and the homey.
I can add more devices from hdl, so my connection should be okay.

But I cant controll it.
Anyone know what the issue is?

-Bendik

Yes, I have Dali modul.
It works

Hi @Bendik_Kornberg,

So you can add new devices, but the existing ones does not show up as new devices, right? What happens if you try to delete a device and add it again?

I’ve never experienced or heard about this issue before BTW.

Andreas

@AndreasL

The allready added, dint show up.

I deleted a relay and added it again.
But cant turn it on/off from homey app.

The homey log shows that I press it, and that I turn it on/off from HDL panel.

*Edit.
I dont know why I didnt try this, but restarted my hdl equipment, and now it works again

1 Like

12i1 Multisensor and Relay Output. Hi again, and thans at lot for this app! I have a garage opener connected to the 12i1 relay output. I control this fine from DLP and other switchesm but there is no Relay Output function in Homey for device Multisensor. In HDL “world” it can be triggered as simple as any relay with a Single Channel Control and Ch 1 or Ch 2 for the 12i1. So i guess a quick fix would be adding it as a 2 channel relay, or add the features to the device itself. Or am i missing somethings?

Hi Eivind,

Adding relay functionality to the multi sensors should be doable, and I’ll look into it. Even though I have code for talking to the relays, there are som major differences:

• In the relay module implementation, one channel is always one Homey Device, which I guess would be different here, we’ll want a device with two switches.
  • The implementation of the multi sensors are “read-only” today, so nothing is sent from Homey to the devices. This would change this behaviour.
  • This would only be for the 12-in-1 and not the other multi sensors, even though they share the same code-base.

I’ll check it out.

Andreas

Thanks. I have one suggestion. A customizable relay/dimmer device would fix this and mabye other issues. You add a dimmer/relay, in settings you give it device subnet and ID, number of channels, select dimmer or relay. This should work on all the weird devices like the 12i1

Interesting idea, but it would require a total rewrite of the handling of incoming signals, as they are connected to a device type.