[APP][Pro] HDL Smartbus

Happy new year, everybody!

A new version is now published to test. This is an update from @horakmar that adds more curtain controllers.

1 Like

@AndreasL

Trying to do this now. The line is added in drivers.js:

async updateValues(signal) {
if (signal.data == undefined) return; // RETURN IF NO DATA
this.log(${signals.sender.id} sent: ${signal.data})
if (signal.data.switch == undefined) return; // RETURN IF NO CONTENT

Openend Node.js terminal.
Goes to source code directory
Typed npm (but nothing happens)

homey app run - but are told "can not find a valid Homey app.

Do I need a command aft NPM?

Hi @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe,

You should find what you need here: Getting Started - Homey Apps SDK. Sounds to me like you haven’t installed Node.js: Node.js

Andreas

@AndreasL

I had node.js, but had to add install after npm command.

Now it seems to be working. So how do I see the UV command for UV switch 138 i want to investigate. ?

When I turn on or off UV138 I do not get any log entries

Do I have to add the specific UV138 code in the drivers file, something like:
this.log(${signals.sender.UV138} sent: ${signal.data})

Can I have this adjusted version running until next release, or is there any disadvantages?

Hi Fredrik,

Two things:

1. You get “signals is not defined” because it is supposed to be “signal” (not plural “signals”).
  2. Seems like there is an awful lot of traffic on universal switches going on in your HDL-setup. That might explain some of the problems you are seeing.

Fixing “signals” into “signal” will give you some more insight into what is being received.

About adding “UV138”: that is not a good idea and will probably not work. The sender is whom ever sent the signal, not the UV number.

Andreas

@AndreasL
Changed signals to signal and the amount of logs was reduced.

Anyway, do not see any traffic related to the UV I have now added in Homey. When I turn the UV138 on i Homey no log is referring to this.

For the huge amount of traffic you saw, I do not understand what is making these. The log function do not help me either, since it does not report sender other thn HDL Bus.

Can I share the log fil with you (on email since it is not possible to attach here) and maybe you see somthing that I do not understand ?

I guess this is Homey app related and not a question HDL would understand ?

Hi everyone,

I’ve gotten an issue registered on Github with problems adding a dimmer that should be supported. Has anybody had any issues with registering new dimmers?

Andreas

Hi
I change out my dimmer to new one MDT06015.533.

It is possible to add to app? I cant find it in search. Thank you

Hi @Stian_Royland,

I can’t find the unit in the Device list here: hdl-smartbus-homey/defDeviceType.xlsx at master · alydersen/hdl-smartbus-homey · GitHub. I’m thinking that it is because the list is a bit old, but we need the ID of the unit to recognise it.

Could you reach out to ELDI to check with them if they have a new such list of IDs? Adding it is easy after that.

Andreas

Hi @AndreasL I get new list, but cant upload it here. Get up not autorized. Du you have any idea? Or mail adress i can send it to? It is .xlsx

You can uplad it here or not?

Hi Stian,

You can send it to {removed}

Andreas

[ Mod break: removed private information, please do these things over PM ]

Hi Stian,

New test released to HDL SmartBus | Homey which should recognise your dimmers. Let us know how it turns out, and thanks for the updated file!

Andreas

Works fine. Thank you

@AndreasL
I would really really appreciate if you could help me interpret the log fil to see if this gives any indication of my problems that do not enable me to use UV to communicate between HDL and Homey.

Hi @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe,

Sorry about the late response, I have been on a business travel and just generally busy. I can’t see how this can be anything but a configuration thing on your side. Also, spending time tracing logs in a single installation is way beyond my ambition in this project, so you have to dig into this yourself.

Figuring things like this out is mostly tweaking the logging of output. The signal object has a lot of things you can output, where data is one of them (as in signal.data). You can output signal.sender.id to get the senders id, or just signal.sender to get some more info. There are plenty of places in the code you’ll find example of this, and you can outputting it to $this.log as you have done so.

Best of luck,
Andreas

Hi all,

A new experimental version is out now, with some improvements: more temperature sensors added, better DALI support and also the granite touch panel.

Also, I’m running the new Homey Pro now with the network adapter. Have to say that it is super fast, and the network adapter makes HDL even more responsive. Hard to find any delay at all on executing commands - pretty immediate reaction.

Andreas

4 Likes

Running the Homey Pro 2019:
Anyone experiencing the same as shown on attached picture. Turning light on from motion is very often slow, and sometimes instant.

When it is slow I have however experienced that Homey do recognize the motion (from HDL), but for some reason the light is not turned on in the first phase, then turned off, and after 9-11 seconds the light actually turn on in the room. So it seems to get an off command first by some reason. Very strange.
The pictures is for Spotter Masterbad (controlled through HDLbus pro) and Taklampe Master Soverom (also controlled through HDL plugin) and is a screenshot from Homey and the actual device the flow is controlling.

Se allso my flow that controls it .

I do not think it is the flows themselves, since I experience this in my whole house, but I have considered trying with a very simple flow to just make sure. But before I rebuild the flows I wanted to check if other experience the same

Dear Homey HDL community,
No responces…

If none of you experience my issue, and do not see any challenges with my Homey programming, I guess the fault must be in the way my motion sensors are set up in HDL bus programming tool.

Can anyone please confirm my setup in HDL is correct ? This is really making me crazy…

Movement:

No Movement:

Considering Homey pro 2023 to see if that solves my challenges. Anyone upgraded and can report stability with HDL?