[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

Hey Dominic,

Check out this app I created, I use it to merge my fibaro light switches with hue globes.

Where can I download it? @Jamie

Unable to add or remove devices after a group is made

Isn’t there any error msg when you tick or untick a device in a group?

It works fine on my Homey
v2.5.301

@Lagen ??

Hi, I have a small problem with my Zipato bulbs. When they are in a group and I switch colors every second, I need to restart my Homey because nothing works anymore. I get reported that the queue size is maxed out and a lot of timeouts. However, when I use an advanced flow and switch all the lights simultaneously, followed by an ‘all block’ the problem does not occur.
It looks like the group-app uses a fire-and-forget way to send commands to devices.

Would it be an idea to make it an option to use a sync-way of sending command… so waiting for the result of ALL devices in a group?

Homey fired ‘all at once and forget’ until AF was introduced
Did you try a adding a little delay of, say, 50ms?
(Vertraging = delay)

Screenshot from 2022-07-04 23-17-05

Yes, it helps in some cases but is also a sub-optimal solution. In software engineering it is only good if it works in all cases without arbitrary timing-stuff.

I do get your point, trust me. This is just a workaround scenario. The issue has always been there if I’m correct.
But with the group app, the problem was ‘solved’ when firing in bulk. The delay gets simply added to every group member trigger.

Switching things every second is/was also a bit of a mess with Homey, it seems to fast for it. Connection loss, memory increase, flows get disabled and unexpected and restarts, with no notifications.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

The group app does not fire and forget, it actually waits for a response from the devices and if it fails … it will retry a second time.

The issue is that the requests and asynchronous and it fires, which from what I’ve observed the more devices fired at once the harder time homey has to process the requests together using a single antenna (ie less of an issue if your devices are across different frequencies).

In order to work around this limitation with homey, I suggest you either use the workaround I provided (as suggested) or contact Athom and ask for them to rectify or allow broadcasting (like Philips hue, etc)

2 Likes

How can I selecr in which way the information is used?

I want to use the “minimum luminanace” of the grouped sensors.
The advanced settings and logic card only show the average.

Usecase:
I have 2 hue Motion sensors in my livingroom.
Lights in the livingroom should go on when one of the sensors get below a certain lux value.

(Thought I could eliminate some flows by using the group)

Changing the settings (and group members) can be done this way:
…More > Apps > < Group > > Configure app > Select the sensor group you want to edit.

Pick a value calculation:

In your case, “lowest value”

1 Like

Found it thanks

1 Like

App long Time no update. works with advance flow?
my case. 6 hue GU10 color lamps without the hue Bridge. I want control everything over homey Pro. in advance flow I found no dimm function for zones. so I maybe group them and then dimm. other I must make 6 parallel lines in advance flow.
I found this App (only 1 group App in store?) .
does it still work and update if homey something changes?

There has been no update to the app as it is still working as intended.

As far as I am aware other then one bug and an ugly settings screen its is as solid as it can be.

1 Like

Hi Jamie, I installed the test version 2.5.302 the other day, but the app got paused.
With the stable version the group app runs very well without any issues.
If you need me anything to do, just give me a shout.

Hoi @Jamie . Great app. I have done a donation again.
One thing I don’t understand.
There is a group ‘waterval’ with 1 device in it called ‘_waterval’. However, when I take a look at the device settings of ‘waterval’ there is another switch present in the list of devices. Any clue how to solve this?

An app restart solves it.

Sorry, it doesn’t. However it seems to be working as expected. Only switching the one switch.

Indeed, it does not influence the functionality, it is just an “administrative” leftover.

To correct it, restarting the app gets it in sync again.

You can try to:
add the ‘schrikdraad’ to the group, restart app, and then remove it from the group again, restart the app.

Done, no joy :frowning: