[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

I’ve not heard of this bug,

Though the settings could do with a clean up, they were originally written for the webApp - before the mobile app existed.

Try adding the device to the group - then removing it.

Hi @Jamie , that is exactly what I have done. I will try to fondle around a bit more and see if it is solvable.

“fondle” :grimacing:

I have a lot of Hue lights and I use this app for grouping them into sections. One problem I see is that when I edit a group, it’s not showing all the lights (and, if that matters, other groups of the same type).

So I have 3 groups: A, B, C, each containing 10 different lights
When I want to create group D, which should include A, B, and C I can’t do that, because on the list of what’s included I do not see group C (A and B are there).

Is there some sort of limit of how many items are listed?

Not sure what you mean, but
How many devices do you have in 1 group?
It’s best to go to …more>Apps>Group>App configuration. That’s also the place to edit your groups.
Do you have more lights in a group than in my screenshot? I did not find a limit yet :hugs:

If you can show me how to reproduce the error I will look into it when I update this app to SDK 2

If I provide you with a screen recording + a description of what I mean and submit the Diagnostics Report - would that be enough?

Tell me what actions would be required in order for me to have the same issue apply on my homey.

Hi all,

I’m having a problem over here regarding light control, but I’m not sure if I understand this correctly.

If I have, say three lights, make group of them, and their dim levels are:

Light 1: 100%
Light 2: 80%
Light 3: 60%

So, when I make a flow and choose “relative dim level” f.ex -50% the lights should be:

Light 1: 50%
Light 2: 40%
Light 3: 30%

Because that is not what I get from my side. I have a group of (Philips Hue) lights with different dim levels, and setting them to -50% turns them all off?

I just made a test with two of my lights in a group. Both starting at 100% i made a flow to relative dim them to 50% and they do as expected. Running the flow again I would expect them to dim to 25%, but instead they turn off. Any idea what could be wrong? Or is it me that don’t understand how relative dimming should work?

Yes, technically the (default) relative flow cards are actually absolute values being subtracted/added, they are called relative dimming, because it is relative to the starting value, so:
100% - 50% = 50%
50% - 50% = 0%

But isn’t the starting value updated in any way? If I have a group of two lights, one of them is at 100% and the other at 50%, and I make a flow that tells the group to dim 50% they should now be at 50% and 25% or what?

No, I don’t think you can have different brightness values in 1 group, as both devices will follow the value that is the group brightness. (It is mirrored to the group device, not relatively synchronized).

Edit:
The set relative dim value is a default flow card from Homey, not natively to the app, so the app doesn’t know it is the relative flow card is being used, just that the dim value is changed.

1 Like

I did some tests. While the group control is ‘median’ or ‘average’, all dim values become sort of equal after a few dim commands.

Hi Jamie.

any change you will update to SDK3? As that is needed for the Homey Pro Early 2023.

I plan on updating to SDk3, but will be unable to do so until January.

Thanks

3 Likes

Trying this app out. Seems great for now. Is there a way of choosing what value from a device to use? I have a sensor with multiple temp sensors in it. I would like to group one of the values with other sensors. Is that possible?

Maybe with virtual devices: make a temperature sensor virtual device, then use measure_temperature with the one of the values from the multiple sensor. Then use the virtual device for the group.

1 Like

With the delivery of the new Homeys coming nearer; any news on an update to SDK 3 yet, @Jamie?
Great that you are willing to update the app; thanks! :+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes as soon as it arrives I’ll be able to update my apps using it. (Rather then breaking my house to upgrade them).

Really excited as after I finish the new apps and transfer my house to the new device I’ll be able to use my current (2016) for pure development.

4 Likes