Homey Community Forum

Please let me group and hide devices

Dear Athom, please, please, please let me group and hide devices. I have rooms which have a ridiculous amount of devices that do absolutely nothing. I use the group-app to group lights for example, but can’t hide the lights that have been grouped. In my living room I have 2 areas that have three lights hanging from the ceiling. That’s 6 lights in Homey, which becomes 8 when the groups are added. And don’t forget the 2 wall-switches that control them outside of Homey, but are prettymuch useless in the Homey app. My room/screen now has 10 devices, which are actually just 2 devices(/groups), cluttering up everything. (there’s more, 80% of my Homey are devices that are grouped or never used)

Since the tile-layout was heavily inspired by HomeKit and the Home app on iOS, please also consider getting inspired by the way that app handles grouping, which auto-hides the devices that have been grouped within the group, it works great. And for other less-than-useful devices such as KaKu wall switches; we have a list and tile view on the webapp, a simple toggle in the list view for ‘show in tile view’ should be more than enough if it syncs over to the actual app.

Yes, I know there are workarounds like putting the grouped devices into a new room which you just don’t use, but that messes with some room activities and simply shouldn’t need to be done. Please Athom, make this work.

9 Likes

Unfortunately Athom doesn’t read these topics so you’ll have to forward your suggestions to support@athom.com

I’ve been doing that for a year unfortunately, and also replying to their Hotjar-based experience tool. I was hoping adding a message here would gain some likes/following or whatever so I could e-mail Athom again showing them it’s not just me who wants this…

These days they do read the forum:

https://community.homey.app/t/ideas-feature-requests-new-info-2021/41137/2