[APP][Pro][Cloud] Govee

Just tried it, and it’s working!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This fix is now live for all.

2 Likes

Thnx for all your work

Good morning everyone, I have a 'H6199 and from today it no longer works with Homey’s Govee app, does anyone have the usual problem?
I have requested and entered the new Govee APIs of my account

I am getting service errors from their api.
I think they have an issue. Also from api test tools i get these errors.

I also have problems with my H6072, H6163 and H6143. It worked until today. Asked for a new api-code, but that didn’t help. I still can control it with the govee app and with my google assistent. But not with homey. If i want to switch it on i get a red notification: “[object response]”

Maybe a change in api server from govee?

P.S. If i read it right, there should also be a local api for the govee? So we are not restricted to the cloud api, so maybe more stable and not limited?

In a non Homey API test I now get this error

{

"message": "service is busy please try again later",

"status": 500

}

This was the error their api was giving. So seems a service issue on their side.

The local api has a different discovery strategy, so requires rework and or different device selection etc. Not difficult but enough work to not fit my life right now

Aaaah. Understandable. But thanks for looking into that. And you are right about a busy server. Govee is working again.

Hi, I have a Goovee H6102 led strip. It seems like it’s not supported. Can you please add the H6102? If there is something I can do myself, please let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!

Hello, I added a govee H619A to Homey. It is visible and switching on/off is possible. No error messages during switching. however, nothing physically happens. where is it going wrong?

Any support for H5179, in the future?

Should work with the unknown device type, without liss of capabilities. Let me know if it worked. At least if its a wifi device and you set it up to work with the app over wifi

For me the H6102 led strip doesn’t work with unknown device type. It says New Devices found, but below that it says: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘map’)

Can you restart the app, try it again and send me the error report directly afterwards?
Would be interesting to see if something changed in the api response.

Thank you very much, I’ll try it out and let you know the outcome…

lør. 22. apr. 2023 12.01 skrev Vincent Boer via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com>:

Hi Kaoh, i’m a new proud owner of a Govee H61E1 LED Strip and I am looking for a way to control this via Homey. Unfortunately, the device is not under your supported devices to find? Is there a way to implement this yet? Would also be happy for a Aufwansentschädigung… Please

If it is wifi enabled and connected using the govee app then you should be able to connect any unsupported device using the ‘unsupported’ device item during pairing.

Hi Kaoh,

For testing, I am using a Homey Pro Early 2023 along with the Govee lights. Is it true that no Govee lights work with this Homey 2023? I keep seeing a [object Response] error when I try to install the light(s).

If you have any tips I would love to hear from you:) Thanks for your work and commitment to using Govee lighting with Homey.

I have no idea, i did not get one. So unable to test. I updates all the required sdk stuff and i am not getting error reports for this app. So i am guessing it should work.