[APP][Pro][Cloud] Govee

Hello Kaoh,
I had such great success using your Homey “Test” app, and am looking to expand use of Govee devices. Could I ask that you consider implementing connectivity to a Govee H5109 Floating water sensor? I decided to purchase one and am hoping this may be a good direction for yourself. My ultimate goal would be to not use the gateway/hub and connect via Homey and your app to the device. It utilizes 433 MHz. Internet Link: GoveeLife Smart Pool Thermometer with Smart Gateway 1s - Govee
Another interesting item is H5107 Outside Thermo-Hygrometer. I do not own one of these yet. Very interested in the LoRa 928 MHz capability. I actually use YoLink devices (not supported by Homey) for similar long-range connectivity.

Thank you for your consideration.

I am glad your so happy with the app :blush:.
This app right now only has ip based code. The api’s haven ben published by govee to make that possible. The Bluetooth and rf code has not. At this moment Govee allows this app but doesn’t provide active support or more details. So without public info i am going to spend to much time on it. There are several refactoring initiatives that made some progress but it is all very device specific. While this app can detect the devices their capabilities to prevent me having to support all those govee devices 1 by 1.
So unless govee sends me or publishes the info for Bluetooth or rf, i won’t spend time on it.

I understand completely. I have ordered one of each as I have a viable use. Once functional, I will let you know if the Test app finds them.
My alternate plan/option is implementing within Home Assistant and importing into Homey. Temp conversion for Govee devices following this process has yielded inconsistent results. That is why I was so excited yesterday.
I will let you know what I find out.
Thanks for your help

Hey Guys.

New to this Govee thing - bought 22 GU10 Bulps and replaced all my houses outdoor celing lights as i could se that there is some good and active development going on. And the bulps were a bargiain price-wise.

I have setup 4 zones (North, South, East, West) as i would also like to use area-specific sensor and surveilance to trigger activity in independtent zones. The parrent zone Outside can offcause trigger all to turn on etc.

I use sun-events to start a daily routine From sunset starts to night begins. Here i want to use a scene from Govee (Dusk or maybe make one myself as DIY) and i have grouped all 21 bulps in the Goovey app where ti can be activated.

Now, i have been trying to figure out how to trigger the DIY scene for the group made in Govee rather than using flow for all 21 bulps independently. The Homey Pro app “Group” cant be used for this, hence the question is if there is a workaround ?

At other times of the night, i dont want a scene to be triggered, but instead switch bulps back to white, and then turn them on in the selected zone.

Anyone able to wrap their head around this ? My thought was to use group in homey to turn on the lights, and then in the flow, being able to trigger a light scene in Govee containing ALL outside bulps, or trigger a lightscene/group in Goovey that cotnains the specific group i want to activate

Thanks to the dev. for being activly invested in this app.

Thanks for your message. Groups in the govee app are indeed not supported through the cloud api nor local devices. That is why you can not with this app.
However you can set scenes in homey that work with the govee devices. But that will not work with the diy scenes. You can try to do this using the DreamView capabilities maybe?

Sorry, if the cloud api will gain this support I will add it to the app :blush:

Thanks for the fast reply.

Lets see if the API gets updated with the feature. Due to your reply i will try to make a workaround.

Creating a standard flow for each zone (N-S-E-W) Setting the group (Homey Groups app) to color ffff - Then have the advanced flow to trigger the standard flow before turning off the group. then all should be reset to white.

Then i can do a standard flow that sets all bulps independently to a scene, and trigger that flow in advanced flow when the daily routine is triggered.

Will see how it works out. :slight_smile:

Update 5 minutes later I posted the message below: It works :slight_smile: API key was not saved correctly

@Kaoh My device is on the list of supported Product Models but unfortunately, I can’t add my AI Sync Box to your app (Model H6601)

I entered the API key, restarted the Govee App from Homey but when I try to add a new device, there is nothing under object Response

I used version 2.10.2. Is there anything else I can try?

@Kaoh I successfully added my AI Sync Box to your app (Model H6601) and I can control it like a regular smart light (on/off and color).

Any chance, you could add a way to switch between the different HDMI sources?

That is a good question and depends on the data the sync box sends. I dont have one so I can not test that. But you can provide this for me :slight_smile:
If you would go to the developer portal of homey Homey Developer Tools and search for your box.
WHen the box is displayed it will show lots of details about the device you dont see in the normal homey app. One of these is:
capabilitieslist {“isOn”:1,“brightness”:41,“color”:{“r”:255,“g”:255,“b”:255},“colorKelvin”:6507,“hasReceivedUpdates”:true}
If you can send me the value of that attribute I can see if there is indeed a special capability to control sources on these boxes. If so I can write support for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I sent it to you with a PM

Hello, unfortunately I can’t connect with the API key and my LED strip (H6147). My Homey tells me that it has found a device and this message appears. I’m desperate. I would really appreciate some help. Thank you very much.

Can you confirm you are using the test version of the app? See the topic start for a link.

No, I can’t find the topic. Could you link it here? Thank you. :slight_smile:

Not sure if you are joking, the topic ‘this topic’ start is just the first post

And the last link there is the test version

Hello… no, I was really too stupid here. I didn’t know that you meant the first post. Probably a translation problem. :slight_smile: Thanks though. I installed the app and now I can add the LED strip. But Homey constantly recognizes it as off and doesn’t react when I turn it on.

thx :slight_smile:

Please restart the app and try again, if they still fail please create an error report through the app settings immidiatly after that and PM me the error report nr.

Thanks for helping to make the app better :slight_smile:

I have the same. Object response when try to add new devices. Also same error when pressing my current device. So somethings wrong after a update. Also a new api didnt work. Si maybe the govee api is changed and this app needs a fix

The error remains even after restarting the app. How can I create an error report and send it to you? I haven’t found anything in the app where I can create such a report.

Please also send an error report first.
Jumping to conclusions does not provide info that i can use to investigate. Error reports do.
Are you using the cloud devices or local api ones?

After restarting the app and trying (else the behavior is not in), on that same page, there is a big button that starts create diagnostic report. Press it, give a short description of the problem and send it.