[APP][Pro][Cloud] Govee

Happy it works!

1 Like

All my Govee lights stop working. I restarted app and worked for 30 sec, then I uninstalled app reinstalled it and worked for a couple of hours, now all the lights are unresponsive. Thanks for the help.

Diagnostic:
495ac8d0-c895-473d-8b59-a44d3ab12ecb

It seems like you are hitting api throttling by govee. Increase the interval setting in the app settings to reduce the load on the api, switch to the test version of the app if you hadnā€™t already. There is also a undocumented way to have the limit removed vy hovee support ( details posted before by a community member)

Thanks, Already went through all the thread and switched as many devices as possible to lan control and emailed support for relaxing my polling limits.

Thanks for your quick support. This is a great community.

@Kaoh.

Thanks again to include the random light scene. Can you do this also for the DIY-scenes?

See the latest Test version

Also in this new test version.
Humidifier now is better supported:

• Nighlight button is available
  • Nightlight mode can be selected
  • Using flow cards you setup the operation mode (manual, auto, custom) and for the manual you can provide the mist level as part of that card.

Will be looking at the event support next for this device.

Thank you, Vincent. It works. Great. Is it possible that 40 diy-scenes is the max?

Good question, not a limit I have seen, but I never tried that many :wink:
Not in the code I wrote I think, could be a Govee api limit, can you restart the app, list the DIY scenes in in the flow card and send me an error report? Than I can check if it is the govee api or something else

Thanks that you will look into that. Log is 2963fa3a-82f2-4cba-9e34-6a420373c70b

The list logged in the debug info contains indeed 40 items. Those are retrieved once per app start, but they are comming directly from the govee api, so I think now that they have tha limit in place.
You can try if you are handy with the API tet clients like Postman.
Get Dynamic Scene (govee.com)
You need your device MAC/ID and the API key and little else, see if it indeed provides the same limited list

New Test version 2.9 is now in the Test channel.
It now supports the new Event system of Govee and implements the humidifier device group. This device also implements a lack of water event that can trigger a flow.
This event is also made available for ice makers. I also extended sensors that support presence detection with a presence changed event.

Hello, I have the ā€ŽH60A1 and I am only able to use the color options and not the temperature options when using flows, When selecting temp/color in the homey app it only supports certain temperatures

Can you send me a screenshot with the problem you describe? I am not sure what the issue is.

Hello Vincent.

I have a request. When i get home i let my govee hexa tiles pick a random light scene or DIY scene. When itā€™s already dark and i switch on the TV i let it switch the same DIY-scene. Switching to another DIY-scene doesnā€™t change the DIY-scene number. I want to use this number in my flow. You also donā€™t see the change in light-scene. You can see this if you set up a flow

• Go to ā€œandā€
  • select ā€œlogicaā€
  • " (tekst, number) are exactly (value) " { DIY-scene} are exactly (2)
  • Start in the flow "Random DIY-scene.

You see a change in the DIY-scene. But if you look at the DIY-scene value you donā€™t see a change.

Can it be fixed?

I can only fix it if those changes are done by the homey app. The current state of the official api does not represent those values at this point. But i can fix that when setting it from flow it will also be represented in the ui control.

1 Like

Version 2.10 has just been published to the Test channel.
Some minor feedback processing from the official app testing feedback.
This includes the confusing UI sliders for light scenes, because of that feedback I decided to remove those sliders per default. You can add them now using the device advanced settings screen (make sure to restart the app)

See new version, it should update the UI sliders (if the sliders are enabled in the advanced settings) when changed from a flow.

Thank you, Vincent. It works. Changing the DIY-scene or random light scene changes the DIY number or random light scene number. Great.

1 Like

Another update was released to Test, I now added condition cards so you can do a check on these scenes nicely instead of the index number. It should be a more solid solution. I also now clear the value of the light scene if you switch to DIY scene for example, so you can sort of detect if light scene is even active or not.
Will do the same for appliances with operation modes soon.

1 Like

I wish I had tripped over the Test before. I had scanned right by the Logo/link in the community dialog. I read about the Test Channel, but didnā€™t realize the logo was a different link. I am using H5100 Thermo-Hygrometers and can tell you I am getting perrrrrrrrrrrrfect results. Havenā€™t tested any flows yet, but results perfectly align with the iOS app. Especially temperature a Fahrenheit. Nice job to you and probably team. Utilizing these Govee devices as imports thru Home Assistant has not worked well, until now. Iā€™m excited. Thank you, Vincent, for the very fast response.

1 Like