[APP][Pro][Cloud] Govee

Same procedure.

• ff371914-6221-479f-9a51-13fd7e5efe8d

The values in the developer tools switch after a few seconds indeed.

and in the developer tools, after some time, the value for on-off keeps alternating. But every time it comes back to on, it goes back to off again.

The light stays on all the time.

I also checked in the Homey Web app and there in the device timeline I see the same erratic behaviour.

The earliest entry is my opple button to switch the light off. The next opple button is me switching the light on. The Timer app is an exception that I also triggered. All other behaviour is “magic”.

Hi @RogerSt I think I spot that you are on the main release at this point, is that correct?
If so please upgrade to the Test release, it has many improvements, and changes to my logging patterns. So debugging the old version logs are a bit harder :wink:
Can you please install the Test version and try again? see if it still has the same behavior in that version, if so please send me the log again?

Interesting idea, but indeed the API does not support these more bulk like operations.

Check out the new Test version, there is now a switch to random scene action there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wauw. Thank you, Vincent. This is great. Just what i was looking for. Thanks again.:+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi Vincent,

Yes I am on the main release.

Let me first check a certain app I am using which is producing inconsistent results (Timer/test) on HP23. I have a strong suspicion that it might be causing the issues, and that the device timeline events are just inconsistently logged as “triggered by Govee”. I don’t want to change too many variables at the same time.

Once I am sure whether or not that is the cause I will get back to you. All the best and thanks for a great response time and willingness to help!

1 Like

So far, with the Timer app disabled, everything seems normal. Using Zone Activity cards now turn light on/off and no unexpected results so far.

1 Like

Trying to add a Govee Air Purifier. There is an official Govee App that I am using, when I try to connect a device it says “New devices found: select the devices you would like to add” where the devices should be listed it just says “[object response]” I have tried Adding the device 3 separate ways. I’ve tried from the web app, which never even loads the add device page, I’ve reset the app. Logged out, logged in. Is this device just not compatible? Is this a bug with a work around?

Also I am unable to add any smartthings devices or Eufy devices. I don’t know if Homey just has 3 super buggy apps or if it’s something I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Are you using the test version or the older main release?
The test version is a major release rebuild.
If you are using the test version, please restart the app try again, then send me a diagnostic report through the app settings (where you can also restart the app)

How can I get the temperature data from Govee WLAN Thermo-Hygrometer and GoveeLife WLAN Hygrometer Thermometer to my Homey Pro?

Please use the test version of the app, if your thermometer is wifi and api supported it should show up in the thermometer devices list.
Of not send me an error report

Awesome to see the thermometer show up in devices (using the API key), but temperature just reads zero.

Humidity is a “-”
Heartbeat says “No / offline”

Shows up on my iPhone via the Govee app though.

Are you using the test version?

I am, but just refreshed again and it registered temp / humidity successfully!
The Govee app was showing temperature variations, but maybe it was waiting for a larger change in temperature before reporting it to the cloud?
Took about 5 hours, but working now.
Thanks for the great plugin!

1 Like

Can be, the phone apps also use Bluetooth conbections, this app only uses the cloud api for appliances. To save battery those updates are less regular indeed, but 5 hours is longer than what I myself experienced so far. Maybe it’s on a spot that has weak wifi?

@Kaoh is there a way to add an extra supported device. I just bought Govee Outdoor string lights 2 (model H7038). But i see it’s currently not supported.

Just discovered it when trying to add the lights, although my API key was filled in.

Thx for checking!

Where did you get the idea it would not have been supported? Then i need to fix the messaging :blush:

It’s not in this list: Supported Product Models and I can’t add the lights to homey

My mistake, I wasn’t using the test app. Works fine now. Thx!

Interesting Govee doesn’t list it as supported while it does work. But in any case, Govee is in control of what is and what is not supported. So nothing I can do if it would not have been :pensive: