[APP][Pro][Cloud] Govee

Hello , So I spent the weekend setting up my new Homey and everything was great. Setup all my Govee lights using the new API key and made a backup. Got up today and now I can’t control my Govee Lights, Get a object response error. I will try my backup and see if things are back but this is the second time this has happened. Thanks so much for your time…

Restore did not fix the lights but my 4 Govee Heaters all still connect and work with the same API key as the lights.

bf6fd8e6-b284-4652-9a6d-d24d9241706d

That’s always throttling by govee. If you have to many devices it becomes an issue quickly. User local api devices or increase polling interval

1 Like

So in the configuration settings if I increase it to like 1440 minutes or every 24hrs it might help? I understand now with over 30 devices it’s like an attack on the server I’m guessing. I tried local api but it just keeps seeing the same lights over and over. Thank you very much for the info.

Govee has very strict throttling limits and they are not per device (at least there are several that count on the entire api) so polling is a thing. If we poll per device this counts up really quickly if you have 5 devices, but 30 is indeed trouble some. So yes increasing it will help.

The local api devices work with UDP discovery, so the code just sits and listens to devices announcing themselves. It does remember all announced devices, so if it is on for several hours (enabled in Homey) I would expect all local api enabled devices should be listed, if not send me a new report. I need to fix that it relist all devices even if you already added them before.

1 Like

Here you go. Thanks again for everything. As of 8pm EST everything is working again so the API limit must of cleared. I increased the number so we will see how it goes but don’t see if fixing it. Only reason I use many govee lights as they were much cheaper than Hue but I know there’s other options I will look into to reduce my lights limit. When it found all 4 of my new heaters I was shocked. That wasn’t on the local API setting ether. Just weird they keep working when the lights don’t so I’m guessing they are on local API maybe? Here is my current working new report sir…

9d05cce9-3b64-4c1a-9728-a12ad7d175f4

Hi, I had also the issue several weeks ago with 8 Govee devices that I constantly ran into the API issue.
I’ve asked Govee to relax the limit for my account by sending an email to api-support@govee.com with my govee account name and API code. One day later I got a nice reply with the info the limit is relaxed… and all my flows are now running without hitting the the limit.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the info. As of this morning I’m not having any issues and everything is running great after I increased the API poll interval in the app setting. Will keep testing and if I have issues again will reach out to them. I have 25 Govee wifi lights, 4 wifi heaters and 8 bluetooth light strips so I’m a pretty good Govee customer haha. Thanks again

I just reached out to them so we will see what they say. Can’t hurt. As I’ve said I’m a pretty good customer.

Thank you so much again Adam for the email for api. They replied back the same day and all is working great. Big thanks also to Kaoh for your hard work with the addon.

1 Like

Hello there,

After the last update my Govee led-strip stopped working completely. When trying to readd ant Govee appliance it gives me an ‘fetch failed’ error message.

Does anyone know how to solve this error?

With kind regards,
Bart

Are you adding it as local api or cloud api device?
Can you send me an error report after you get the error?

I’m using the cloud API as this strip doesn’t has an local API unfortunately.

I’m quite new to Homey and I’ve no idea how to find the error logs.

In the More section of the mobile app, there is a list of your installed apps (under apps). Go to my Govee app and press the settings wheel (where you entered the API key you received from Govee support) and there is a send diagnostic report button there.
It will send the logs generated by the app to me so I can see what triggers that error.

Thank you! I send the report.

3924c36b-4537-4fe0-9107-9e462ed679a6

I received it, the log is full work ‘connection timeout’ errors. So it seems your homey has no open connection to the API of govee. A networking problem. So you have a network level firewall running?

That’s very odd, nothing changed on my end network wise and there’s no firewall in place. So far I could tell it stopped working after the latest update of the app. Could it be me sending out too many requests to the Govee API?

Those are normally not logged as timeouts. But it could be.

Gave my router a hard reboot and now its working again… Thank you so much for taking a look at the logs!

I have similar network stability issues with my homey/router. Rebooting either one solved those issues. Most be a lower level issue on the Homey pro i think. I now reboot my router twice a week automatically and the homey once a week.looking at the errors homey send me for app users i see a lot of network communication errors crashing my apps :confused:.

Odd that it’s even a possibility :slightly_frowning_face: I’ll schedule some periodic reboots for my devices too to prevent this in the future. Thank you so much for your great work!

Hello community!

Does anyone have a fix for getting the following errors? I added the Govee smart heater (H7130), it connects but then when I click on the tile in the devices I get this error “Missing capability listener: onoff”. When I try to click settings on the device I get this popup error “Something went wrong, please try again. Invariant Violation: Bad output range…try again”

Help please :slight_smile: