[APP][Pro][Cloud] Govee

The appliances i can not test, so please send me the error report, o can try to find out what went wrong.
Do it out in this way:
Remove the appliance, restart app
Add appliance
Test the appliances
Send the report

Thank you so much, Kaoh! I appreciate your help here :). I sent the report, here is the reference ID for that 197baf6c-0aba-4deb-a089-7ffd21a85d67.

I wonā€™t send the logs because I have the same heater and error
For those that still want to use the heater through homey, you can add it via Alexa app under ā€žotherā€œ only on and off so Iā€™m looking forward what you can accomplish

Please do, the other logs contained errors related to api throttling. Any clean logs can help me debug this feature

This app does not work for me. Asked for the API and received it through email but no instructions on what to do with it.

When I try and install the app I get the message:

New Devices Found
Select the devices youā€™d like to add.
[object Response]

I get the same error message trying to install it with both the Appliance API and Cloud API

When I try the local API I only see a ā€œNo devices foundā€ error.

You need to set the api key in the app settings.
One you did this try adding the cloud api devices again.
Local api devices will only be available when you enable local api on your govee lights in the govee mobile app.
Appliances are always cloud api, so they need the api key to be set in the app settings also

I noticed the icon for my globes was looking a bit dirty - I deleted one of the four globes and did a re-add but it is still dirty now with an Alexa logo ā€¦

For the H6008 product

Also when I get a throttle error rather then showing the message itā€™s attempting to stringify the object.

Thatā€™s the problem. I canā€™t find where to input the API in the homey app. The only option I see is to ask for another API. Can you tell me where I can find the screen to input the API?

Found where to put the API key. Have to do it in the web app, not available in the mobile app. No wonder I couldnā€™t find it. Lol.

Thanks your your help!

1 Like

On the phone app - hit ā€œmoreā€ the ā€œ settingsā€ then scroll down to Govee.

Itā€™s right there

I auto generated all the icons based on the images from the Govee mobile app. So yeah a bit dirty. But saves me a ton of hours.

Yeah its on my todo to show better messages when itā€™s being throttled. But there are a lot of other things above this item on my list :roll_eyes:

See jamies respons, it is on the mobile app also, but Homey put everything a bit deep into the navigation, its not always easy to find :wink:
Another point for my long todo list, allow during the cloud device add to set/update the api key :wink:

I know the throttle message is low priority, and I why. But purely from a new user perspective and confusion (because their threshold is so low) it might be worth while?

More importantly on the advice in this channel I sent an email asking to be whitelisted from the throttling ā€¦. And they did so with in 24 hours and I Iā€™ve not seen any rate limit messages since!!

Big shout out to @Alexander_Adam1 for the advice.

Hello ,I have a problem with an appliance, heater recognized in homey pro but giving error trying to turn it on
799bf0ea-ba77-4a16-bfca-a4a822759d5f

Hi since i donā€™t have any appliances these are still in beta. Can you please restart the govee app and trigger the error, then use the app settings and send a diagnostic report. I need someone to help me test these appliances. :+1:t2: Together we can figure out out

Hello! Restarted app and tryied again. Now itā€™s working, turning on and off. Thanks!
There are three heat options. When itā€™s turning on itā€™s on number 1 (the lowest)
Kindest regards
Roberto

b83b80b4-26b4-4802-9bad-3b32a4f51076

Hi, would be great if you could add the H6102 ledstrip.

I donā€™t need to add device support, it supports all device exposed through the api.
Did you try adding it?