[APP][Pro] Party Lights for Homey

forum_banner

Party Lights for Homey

Party Lights is a Homey app that allows you to control your smart lights with ease. With this app, you can toggle the lights, change their colors, and create dynamic lighting effects.

Currently has support for:

• :bulb: Blink light with automatic color change feature lets you turn on your lights with a specific color and brightness. You can choose from a wide range of colors to create the perfect lighting atmosphere
  • :bulb: Blink light and set color feature lets you turn on your lights with a specific color and brightness.
  • :bulb: Change Color feature allows you to change the color of your smart lights automatic in a dynamic manner. You can set the interval at which the color changes and adjust the brightness of the lights
  • :bulb: Color Light On feature lets you turn on your lights with a specific color and brightness. You can choose from a wide range of colors to create the perfect lighting atmosphere.
  • :bulb: Change Color Choice feature allows you to cycle through a predefined list of colors on your smart lights. You can set the interval between color changes and adjust the brightness as well.
  • :stop_sign: Stop Interval feature allows you to stop any ongoing actions initiated by the app, such as blinking lights or changing colors.
  • :bulb: Turn lights off feature lets turn off the lights.
  • :bulb: Turn lights on feature lets turn on the lights.
  • :bulb: Toggle lights on/off feature lets toggle lights on or off.
  • :bulb: Party Scene card choice programmed scenes.
  • :bulb: Scene card all Philips Hue scenes for Hue and RGB lights.
  • :bulb: Zone card Set lights on in a zone and with color on selected brightness

More coming soon

Download the most current live version in the Homey App Store!

Download the most current test version in the Homey App Store!

:gear: Install Party Lights app from the Homey app store and start creating flows!
Advice: install the app Light Triggers from the Homey appstore so you can selected group of lights in a Party Lights card.

:speech_balloon: Supported languages:

:uk: :netherlands: :de: :fr: :it: :sweden: :norway: :es: :denmark: :ru: :poland:

:computer: Apps made by @LRvdLinden

See for more apps link below 👇🏻 or just open the pull down.

Contributions

If you appreciate this apps, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution

or buy me a couple of :beers: or a :coffee: with iDeal or Bunq.me or become a surporter on Patreon

2 Likes

:sparkles: Release 1.0.3

New live version!

NEW

• First Release

Download the new version in the Homey App Store!

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Party Lights - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email and issues in the input field to make it easier)

Party Lights app can also just be used in any lighting flow for turning on a lamp. The card Set color has the convenience of having one less card to use.

A great app, but honestly I thought it could be done with an Advanced flow. But I must say this makes live a lot easier :slight_smile:

I tried it with some lights in an advanced flow, it works well, except the lights wouldn’t stop changing colors and blinking. The only solution I came up with is restarting Homey.

:sparkles: Version 1.0.4

New Live version!

FIX

• error stop Party Lights action card

More - apps - Party Lights - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email and issues in the input field to make it easier)

Fixed in new version. Advice: change wait 1 sec in 2 or more… [APP][Pro] Party Lights for Homey - #5 by LRvdLinden

:sparkles: Version 1.0.5

New Live version!

Improvement

• Better color handling

:sparkles: Version 1.0.6

New Test version!

New

• Action card for turning lights off

:sparkles: Version 1.0.7

New Test version!

New

• Action card for scenes

Thanks for this app. Since I migrated to Hue lights because Athom abandoned Mi-Lights, I’m really missing a disco option (The Mi-lights had that build in). I created a smart flow with all kinds of timers to activate random colors on lights, but this seems a way neater solution.

One thing though, I just did a quick test with 8 lights color changing every second and that seems to work, but the card “Stop party lights” does not seem to get the job done. Lights keep on changing color.

Anyway, replacing the stop card for this card:
afbeelding
(Restart app Party Lights)
Does seem to do the trick stopping the disco. Bit of a bodge though :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for your nice feedback. I will check this bug and will fix it. Making now a card with all Hue scenes next to party scenes. The fix and Hie scene card will coming both in next update.

2 Likes

:sparkles: Version 1.1.1

New Test version!

Changelog
New: scene actions card with Philips Hue scenes for Hue and RGB lights.
Fix: Bug fix stop card.
Changes: wording Parte Scene action card.

I have fixed the stop card in version 1.1.1 :point_right: [APP][Pro] Party Lights for Homey - #12 by LRvdLinden

Hi, I’ve installed and tested the test version, but I’m sorry to say it does not seem to solve the problem in my situation.
Firstly it seems that the previous cards are broken. I received the error:
afbeelding
No problem, probably the card has been changed in the test version. Removed all the cards and activated a couple of lights in a row:

(these are all original Hue GU10 colour spots connected to a Hue Bridge controlled by the Homey Hue+ bridge app)
When I use the Stop Party Lights card, it seems that it only stops the last light that gets activated. Not all lights. (in this case “studio computer 2”). The two lights before that did not get the memo that the party is over :sweat_smile:
Restarting the app card, still solves the problem.

Another problem that I did not had yesterday, I tried it with other lights. These are Lidl rgbw gu10 spots connected to another Hue bridge and controlled by Homey using Matter. If I use the same card as above, nothing happens. When I used the non-test version yesterday it worked fine (no change in setup).

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Appreciate it immensely. I will see if I can modify the stop card. Anyway, I think it’s better to make a group of lights and of. See < group > app in the store.

This is also where I run into challenges in terms of scenes. Am working on that. It’s in controlling the different type of hue lamps in addition extension RGB for RGBW and RGBWW. Soon I will publish a fix!

Thanks, I shall take a look at the group app.

Quick follow up on this remark:

You can ignore that. Did some more testing and it seems to work now. I have no idea why it did not work earlier today. Did not change a thing. It’s on the outside lights, and maybe another flow interfered with it (setting the light off based on a light sensor or something)

:sparkles: Version 1.1.2

New Test version!

Changelog
New: Alarm scene, Action card for two colors
Fix: Bug fix stop card.

:sparkles: Version 1.1.4

New Live version!

Changelog
New: Action card for two colors, turn light on, toggle light on/off

:sparkles: Version 1.1.6

New Test version!

Changelog
New: Start weekend notification and better text on action cards.

:sparkles: Version 1.1.10

New Test version!

Changelog
New: Action card to set zones to a color an brightness
Fix: Bug fix