[APP][Pro] Better Lights for Homey

forum_banner (1)

Better Lights for Homey

Better Lights is a Homey app that allows you to control your smart lights with ease. With this app, you can toggle the lights, change their colors, and create dynamic lighting effects.

Currently has support for:

• Change color, brightsness, set scenes, switch on/off, color lights and zones. Support all types off lights.

Download the most current live version in the Homey App Store!

Download the most current test version in the Homey App Store!

:gear: Install Better Lights app from the Homey app store and start creating flows!
Advice: install the app Light Triggers from the Homey app store so you can used the tokens in action cards of Better Lights, To give multiple lamps the same values instead of creating groups.

:speech_balloon: Supported languages:

:uk: :netherlands: :de: :fr: :it: :sweden: :norway: :es: :denmark: :ru: :poland:

:computer: Apps made by @LRvdLinden

See for more apps link below 👇🏻 or just open the pull down.

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, fuel future development with a PayPal contribution, buy a round with iDeal or Bunq.me, or become a true supporter on Patreon. Your support keeps the magic alive! :sparkles::rocket:

Great App! Can you add support of capability to dim all the lights in the zone to the specific %?

1 Like

You can also use the Device Capabilities app for that :wink:

1 Like

:sparkles: Version 1.0.5

New Test version!

Changelog
New: Seven new cards: Saturation with and without dimming, Temperature with and without dimming, Hex Color card with and without dimming, and Set lamp to color without dimming.

Download the new version in the Homey App Store!

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Better Lights - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email and issues in the input field to make it easier)

1 Like

Great big thanks

1 Like

Ok. Certainly not a mistake, but surely me who understands flow too poorly.

After I have started a flow with a certain color and start a new flow, the new flow has the same color as the previous one. How can I set a newly started flow to standard, e.g. white light?

What version of the app are you using? Please install the latest version👇🏻 and try again.

Guess I’m using the latest version (v1.0.3)? Installed it yesterday.
EDIT: I see now that it is a v1.0.5. Are apps not automatically updated in Homey Pro?

Is there a way to start a Flow that resets the lights to the default setup?

1.0.5 is a test version. Once you have this installed it will update immediately when a new test version is released. 1.0.5 has already been submitted to Athom for a live version but is still waiting for approval.

Not that I know of

Is there a way to go back to the previous color setting after running a FLOW with custom color settings?

1 Like

See [APP][Pro] Better Lights for Homey - #13 by LRvdLinden

Not sure if its a bug or I am expecting something thats not there.

I saw the scenes function. I have on dimmer with 4 buttons and added different scenes to different buttons. Brightness changes but all of the scenes give the same color and hue. Is that expected?

I’m using the app for some days. It helps me to reduce complexity in advanced flows.
Now I found some issues in the app:

• Choosing light in dropdown list → list is not sorted, quick filter won’t work
  • Interval blinking lights → sometimes the light won’t stop blinking, also if I run “stop all intervals”

Maybe this can be fixed :slight_smile:

:bulb:Update v1.0.9

New Test version!

Fix

:lady_beetle: Lamp Selection Bug Squashed: We’ve identified and fixed a bug that was causing issues with selecting lamps in Better Lights. With this fix, you can now seamlessly select lamps without encountering any issues.

Improvements

:hammer_and_wrench: Enhanced Stability: To ensure a more stable app experience, we have removed the stop interval and toggle action cards. These functionalities are now available in the Party Lights app. By streamlining features, we aim to provide a more focused and reliable lighting control experience within Better Lights.

With Better Lights, managing your lighting setup becomes a breeze! :bulb: Easily combine three actions into a single flow card, simplifying brightness adjustments, color changes, and toggling on/off. :art: Experience streamlined control and elevate your smart lighting automation with ease! :dizzy:

Changelog

Encountering any issues? Help us help you by sending a detailed report via the mobile Homey app.

More - apps - Better Lights - settings wheel top right - send diagnostic report (include your email and issues in the input field for better assistance)

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, fuel future development with a PayPal contribution, buy a round on Ko-Fi or Bunq.me, or become a true supporter on Patreon. Your support keeps the magic alive! :sparkles::rocket:

:bulb:Update v2.0.1

New Live version!

New

:gear: Settings Page: Introducing a comprehensive settings page with all the information you need at your fingertips.

:bulb: Zone Dim Action Card: Enjoy the new Zone Dim Action Card, allowing you to adjust the brightness of entire zones effortlessly.

:rainbow: Zone Set Color on Dim Action Card: With the Zone Set Color on Dim Action Card, you can now set the color of your zones while adjusting their brightness, creating dynamic lighting effects.

Improvement

:star2: Overall App Enhancements: Experience an improved Better Lights App with various enhancements aimed at enhancing usability and performance across the board.

Fix

:lady_beetle: Lamp Selection Bug Squashed: We’ve identified and fixed a bug that was causing issues with selecting lamps in Better Lights. With this fix, you can now seamlessly select lamps without encountering any issues.

With Better Lights, managing your lighting setup becomes a breeze! :bulb: Easily combine three actions into a single flow card, simplifying brightness adjustments, color changes, and toggling on/off. :art: Experience streamlined control and elevate your smart lighting automation with ease! :dizzy:

Changelog

Encountering any issues? Help us help you by sending a detailed report via the mobile Homey app.

More - apps - Better Lights - settings wheel top right - send diagnostic report (include your email and issues in the input field for better assistance)

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, fuel future development with a PayPal contribution, buy a round on Ko-Fi or Bunq.me, or become a true supporter on Patreon. Your support keeps the magic alive! :sparkles::rocket:

Hi Léon,
I read this quote and do not find the card you mention. If I switch on my dimmer with standard homey card and set dimlevel and color in the next cards I see some flicker if the previous setting was lighter. I hope to prevent this in setting color, dim level and power on in one card, how do I do this?
Thanks, Frans

:bulb:Update v2.0.2

New Live version!

Fix

:lady_beetle: Bug Fix Action Cards Device Recognition:
Resolved an issue where certain action cards failed to recognize devices, ensuring smoother functionality and improved user experience within the Better Lights Homey app.

Improvement

:star2: Overall App Enhancements: Experience an improved Better Lights App with various enhancements aimed at enhancing usability and performance across the board.

Changelog

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, fuel future development with a PayPal contribution, buy a round with iDeal or Bunq.me, or become a true supporter on Patreon. Your support keeps the magic alive! :sparkles::rocket:

:bulb:Update v2.0.4

New Test version!

Fix

:lady_beetle: Bug Fix Action Cards Device Recognition:
Resolved an issue where certain action cards failed to recognize devices, ensuring smoother functionality and improved user experience within the Better Lights Homey app.

Improvement

Changelog

Contributions