[APP][Pro][Cloud] Govee

You don’t type the device number in tbe api field. You need to use your requested api key there. You get that from govee support.
Enter the recieved, unique api key in the app settings, then start adding your devices.

Hi there, could I ask you to add H617C

Thank you for all that you do!

Hi together, i’m planning to buy a Govee Light Strip to illuminate our staircase. Can someone confirm, that my following plan will work with the Govee app via a Homey flow?

Turning on (and surely off) the light strip with

• defined brightness
  • defined color

The plan is to switch on the strip by motion detection (using an Aquara Motion sensor) for a fixed time and define brightness/color based on the daylight situation.

Thanks for your suggestions/ideas.

PS: If someone can recommend a specific Govee Led Strip for my plan, feel free :wink:

If it’s supprted by the Api its already there. Just setup the app your api key (from govee support) setup the light in the mobile govee app and enable wifi. Then add it in homey from my app. Good luck

1 Like

Should work if its a wifi model that’s supported by rhe api.

1 Like

Is it possible to add H7161? Thanks in advance.

Did you try it?

Is it only lights you are adding to the app?
I got the Space Heater H713B, and would love to have it integrated into Homey.

It’s a lack of capability documentation of that api. The core is ready but without an appliance and documentation its hard to figure it out.
If your able to use something like postman to do the device discovery and send me the output?
Then i can try it

If you tell me what postman is, I’ll try and help all I can.

Morning group. I’m currently looking to purchase the new Pro version for the holidays and was just curious if anyone in here uses there Homey Pro with Govee bluetooth light strips? I have 10 sets I would like to turn on at once but the Govee app only supports turning on 8 devices at one time. Thank you very much for any ideas or info on this.

Hi, welcome to Homey.
Unfortunatly no, this app supports the WIFI enabled Govee devices. Are you sure your led strips dont also support wifi?
But the Bluetooth part of the govee devices arent documented well, and my personall experiments didnt resolve into a responsive device in the past, but I admit I have little bluetooth coding experience. If someone can find working examples on how to discover capabilities and how to interact with them for Govee devices I have no objection in investigating this.

Hi there, I’m new to homey!
Just wondering if there would be support for other govee devices like the space heater?

Is this something that can be easily added?

@Arnie_Suryawan see this post.
Appliances are poorly documented, so i need examples

For the applicances (example: space heaters), I think there’s support via this homebridge plugin. Not sure how feasible it is to mirror this into homey.

They use not the official developer API, they use the AWS integration or the website to handle these not supported events. So there are no example body elements there I can use.

I’ve installed the app and I could add the H619A light strip, but my christmas tree light H70C2 isn’t showing up in the app when I try to add it.

Is the H70C2 added in the app?
Or is there an other way to add the christmas light strip?

It is not on the supported by the Govee Wifi cloud api list, so I am afraid you have to wait till they add it there.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast response. I contact Govee if there is any chance that they will add the light in the future.

Is this led strip supported?
H61A0