[APP][Pro][Cloud] Govee

Hi @Kaoh , thanks for providing this app!

I am new to Homey, so please excuse if I make some beginner mistakes when trying to figure these things out.

I am trying to add my LED-Strip Model “H6125”. When trying to add the device, it currently says “Device found” but then simply [object Response] and no way to interact.

EDIT: Just added an API Key → I now get the error "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘map’) on the “New Devices Found” Screen.

Let me know if I can support in this process. Thanks!

Not just AN api key :blush: i hope. But yours. Is the light joined to the Govee mobile app and through there joined to your wifi?
I dont support local api.

Thanks for the quick reply - of course I added my API key :wink: Haven’t connected to Wi-Fi yet and had to figure out that Govee only supports 2.4 GHz so need to set that up first I guess. Will report back after - thanks!

Hello Koah,

Thanks a lot for you work, much appreciated!

Would you be able to support the H705B permanent outdoor lights?

Regards,
Michel

There is no need for device request anymore. Just add the govee light and it should show up.
Else tell me what enpoint you are using in your api call, the app supports the govee lights endpoint at this time, the appliances is not supported due to lack of owning one that falls in that category so I have no way of coding and testing.

https://developer-api.govee.com/v1/devices/control This is the endpoint I am using. When I search for devices in the app I find all devices except the H705B permanent outdoor lights

Ok, that is indeed the right endpoint. Strange that it cant find it.
Please restart the app, try to add, once the discovered devices are listed, create an error report as soon as possible. Ill see if i can spot the issue.

Just tried again after restarting Homey Pro and for now it was found. Not sure what happened here but i am happy :slight_smile: Thanks for your time anyway!

Cool, thats a relief :blush:

Hello,
I am facing a few issues with my led strips.

1. Colours are in reality way different than set ones in flow. So hard to set exact colour.
  2. Sometimes Govee led stripes do not turn off through flows.
    Anyone facing a similar issues?
    Using H619C and H6143

If you are skilled with apis you can do the device discovery and sent the results. Maybe they use a different color method for these in the api.
Would be weird
Else you can do the same by adding a device and create a error report, i think the discovery result should be in there also

Hey @Kaoh ive just purchased some Govee lights and I’m getting some odd results with them.

I’ve added 4x H6008 Globes

First it looks like the colour temp is inverted when I send a command for warm white in the globes show cool - when for cool they go warm.

The other odd thing I have noticed is that often lights change colour … then change back… ie if it’s red I’ll change it to green it will alter and then 1.5 seconds later. Go back to red.

Also there seems to be some sort of issue with the light_mode, you set the colour and then homey reverts back to thinking it’s in light_tempreature mode

The light_brightness seems to be stuck at 35%(ish) - when I attempt to change it to throws an (onbject) exception message.

f23b678e-b7fb-4a96-9634-7e9e7a9f3a30

Homey Pro 2023, latest RC and iOS app is on test flight.

Yeah its not the first repeand i can reproduce them on my own now. So something i use to map between homey colors and govee acts different. But just like you im starving for development time.
So it has my awareness but didn’t get around to starting a debug session yet :grimacing:

ok, I couldnt let it go, so I attached the debugger. Turns out I receive the Hue and Sat events in parrallel, figured out a register method to solve that. And flipped the color temp around.
The fix is already published @Jamie @Arnt_Soloy @Blooddrunk

So the object response error @Jamie and @Blooddrunk those are most likely API throttle blocks. If you have many devices and we poll these every x seconds we are buring the throttle limit. So reduce it so you have more manual events space and dont do to many changes.

@Jamie that homey swicthes back to saturation UI instead of color is not something I know how to force on Homey devices, do you have a idea on that?

1 Like

So it managed by setting the “light_mode” capability, I am wondering if because you are doing polling that the value is changed … but when you poll it is over written, might need to manaually set it on poll result? I had a 2 second look at the API I didnt see anything that tells you if its (govee API device) does seems to have different formats depending on the mode

"colorTem": {
            "range": {
              "min": 2700,
              "max": 6500
            }

{
        "color": {
          "r": 255,
          "g": 255,
          "b": 255
        }
      }

But I think that was version 2.0 of the API.

Not sure whats going on with the rate limiting, based on the docs it should be set PER device and is separate for controlling vs listing.

And I was getting limited after updating the second time, and if I updated the group of 4 it hit the limit. I wonder if its sending multiple requests.

I have Zero ideas as to why a light would change then change back though …

Thanks for fixing the bigger issue, if I get some spare time before you ill have a look as well - but got a lot on my plate at the moment sorry.

I willcheck out the color mode thanks.

The colors changing back should be solved in the new release of last night.

So this color_mode should be the last issue next to the throttling.

The colo reverting back caused two hits on the control rate limit and with 10 per minute thats easy hit while testing. But a party mode is not possible :disappointed_relieved:
Next to that the overall api limit of 10k a day means polling every 9 seconds for a single device already hits the total limit. So 10 devices is 90 seconds polling and no space for control commands anymore.

Hey, had a play with the latest version and it’s really massive improvement -

Going to pick up some more during the Amazon prime big deals sale this weekend.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
Do you know if it would be possible to implement scenes, music mode and DIY modes of Govee into this app? Similar way as it is done on the homebridge-goovee by bwp91 Scene, Music, DIY Modes · bwp91/homebridge-govee Wiki · GitHub ? It would be great to have something similar

Quick scan suggest these are handled over the Bluetooth connection while my app here is based on the wifi internet api. The api doesn’t support these special features unfortunately.

I haven’t played with the Bluetooth stack of homey so far, and it might be hard to combine them in a single driver. Ill give it a consideration when i have more time.

Hey, I am struggling a bit. I downloaded your Govee App and want to install H6008 bulbs. For this I went into the app settings and typed in “H6008” in the API field. I left the Poll Intervall at 60000.

When I now go to “Add devices” and go to Govee, if shows me only the option ,devices". When I click on it, is searches for a few seconds and then gives me the error ,object response".

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks!