[APP][Pro&Cloud] frient Zigbee App (v2.4.5)

We do test thoroughly every update before release. Regarding your issue - move the device closer to your Homey, or use the Zigbee range-extending device in between.

It has been mentioned already that the update including many new features is in progress, and on its way.

1 Like

Please delete the device from your Homey, factory reset it, and add it again - please keep the device as close to your Homey during the process as possible.

I do absolutely believe you test thoroughly, but still there is in Homey no way to quickly go back a version if something isn’t working. Therefor the test fase in Homey would be recommended for me (and probably more people)

So i tried again the solution you said, but still didn’t work. Could you please check the diagnostics 38c2ba89-5965-4ffe-b177-34145d627e64 ?
I’ve repaired the device called “Smart Humidity Sensor Slaapkamer” at 10:45 next to Homey. But no luck. Range shoudn’t be a problem i have about 80 zigbee devices, more than half are zigbee routers.

I have another device called “Smart Humidity Sensor Woonkamer” where i managed to get the humidity visible, but it hasn’t updated for 2 days now. The temperature works fine, not only for this device but also the other devices.

Could you please check the logs? There has to be something wrong.

Hey! I just installed 6 Frient intelligent smoke alarms, and the installation went pretty well, although in the homey mobile app it had to load the installation twice to actually go through.

But, now that I wanted to test the network functionality by pressing the button on the device, it does not trigger the others. Why is that? To me this is the most basic thing that I expected to work out of the box.

Hey.

If you mean the interconnectivity feature - it is achieved via your Homey flows.

The sensors unfortunately aren’t interconnected with each other straight from the box.

I have two homey’s 2019 pro each with frient smart humidity sensors that have stopped working after the recent update. Can’t seem to be able to reconnect them. Is there a new connection method?

We’re sorry for the inconvenience that occurred after the recent two updates.

You’ll need to factory reset the device, and re-add it to Homey, just like you did the very first time when you purchased the device.

Please remember to delete the device from your Homey before you do the factory reset.

1 Like

Hi, now this is quite an annoyance. Especially since the device in some places is marketed exactly like that, that it is possible to trigger alarm directly to a neighbouring device. Obviously they need a zigbee network to get connected, but I was pretty certain that it was describing something that Z-wave calls device association.
Let me give you some examples

1. Frient Intelligent Smoke Sensor | Smarta Hem Test

En intressant aspekt med denna brandvarnare Àr dess möjlighet att seriekopplas med andra enheter. Till skillnad frÄn mÄnga andra smarta brandvarnare som fungerar som fristÄende enheter, kan Frient Intelligent Smoke Sensor anslutas till andra sensorer eller brandvarnare i en seriekoppling. Detta skapar ett integrerat brandskyddssystem som Àr mer omfattande och effektivt.

Seriekopplingen gör att om en brandvarnare i nÀtverket upptÀcker rök eller temperaturförÀndringar, kommer alla enheter i nÀtverket att aktiveras och utlösa larm. Detta kan vara sÀrskilt vÀrdefullt i stora hem eller komplexa byggnader dÀr en enskild brandvarnare kanske inte kan tÀcka hela omrÄdet effektivt.

1. Köp Frient Intelligent Smoke Sensor ( SMSZB-120) för 589 :- hos m.nu

Rökdetektorn kan Àven synkroniseras med flera Frient-larm i huset för att fÄ dem att varna samtidigt. SÄ larma en, larma alla!

1. You own manual, referencing the network alarm test:

A network alarm test can be performed
by holding down the alarm button for at
least 6.5 seconds (count 2 sets of 3 sound
sweeps).

So my question for you then, In which cases is the last point valid? ie. if I have these sensors, what is the pre-requisite for making the network alarm functionality work? (since it wasnt homey)

The thing is, I tried setting up a homey flow for it, and it was really slow to trigger the other device.

My guess would be that a prerequisite is the use of a Zigbee controller that allows you to set up bindings and/or groups, which are both things that Homey doesn’t support. In other words: Homey’s Zigbee implementation is too limited.

Hi again.

Thanks for sharing the links - we will take proper action.

Regarding the network test, it is supposed to test if the gateway receives a proper message in case of a smoke event. It basically simulates such an event.

To test it - hold the top button for approximately 6.5 seconds (2 sets of 3 sound sweeps), and then release it.

You will see in your Homey app, that the “Smoke alarm” changes from “No” to “Yes” for around a second.

Let me re-phrase my question, disregarding that I have a Homey at all.

If I get several of these Smoke alarms, what is the prerequisite for the networking functionality to actually work? ie. can several devices automatically sound their alarm if one of them in the same zigbee network triggers the alarm? Does this work with any other hub?

“can several devices automatically sound their alarm if one of them in the same zigbee network triggers the alarm?”

Yes, this is how it works with our smoke sensors.

“Does this work with any other hub?”

Yes, it does.

On Homey you can easily do that by setting up some flows.

Does it work out of the box with any hub?

I’m not sure I understand your question entirely.

Does the device work out of the box with any hub?

Or is it possible to trigger all of the alarms if only one detects smoke (out of the box)?

Hi all, anyone else having issues with the entry pro sensor lately?
Contact alarm no longer triggers any of my flows, apparently except when I took apart the sensor to reset, change batteries etc.
So I removed the device, reset, new batteries, added it again and completely remade my flows. Still opening the door does not do anything.
In the history I can see some of the events, but not all and none triggered a flow.
Any ideas?
Thanks a bunch

New bug,

My water leak sensor beeps every 45 seconds to signal low battery but in the current application the sensor battery is “ok”

@frient Do you have an update?

Thanks, we’re looking into the issue now.

After the newest update, there are no differences for the HMSZB-110 model driver between the current version and the version before the issues started to occur for some customers.