[APP][Pro&Cloud] frient Zigbee App (v2.4.5)

Probably a stupid question, but how do I change the battery on the frient sensors without trigering the TAMPER alarm ?

I guess that by design, this is not possible. What is the meanong of ā€œtamper alarmā€, if it is possible?

1 Like

Of course, I understand that this is the principle of this feature. The problem is, that after changing the battery, I have the TAMPER alarm continuously running. I can set Homey to ignore this alarm in the app, but this is certainly not an optimal solution, as it is just ignoring the running TAMPER alarm but the TAMPER alarm is actually still running.

So your actual question is: how do I reset the tamper alarm? :smiley:

Yes, exactly. I guess, I phrased my question wrongly.

Hi. What sensor are we talking about?

Hi. Currently, it is Entry Sensor Pro and Motion Sensor Pro. All are connected directly to Homey Pro. All should be updated to the latest software versions.

Currently I have 4 Intelligent Heat Alarm HESZB-120 in use. They do not connect to each other as advertised other the through flows in Homey. So I made a flow that when one alarm is fired the rest will also go on with the trigger card:
Each alarm will trigger the others and turn on the lights. In the test this is working.

However, when I turn an alarm off with the integrated button, in Homey it still stays on. This way you are not able to turn all the alarms of (using the When alarm is turned of card Then turn on alarm for 1 sec) because the action on the alarm itself is not sent to Homey.

This way you have to go to all alarms and push the button manually. Is this how it is supposed to work? Quite annoying in case of false alarm.
One of the solutions can be a dedicated button to start the flow to start the alarms again for 1 sec, but in my opinion the buttons are already available on the devices itself.
Is there another solution to get these buttons working communicating to Homey?

Please give it a minute after you replace the battery, and before you install the casing on it again. Also, keep it close to your Homey.

Thanks for the reply, just an update from my side.
Iā€™ve purchased a new Smart Humidity Sensor, unfortunately that one also isnā€™t showing the humidity.

Then i thought, i can also add the device to my old 2019 Homey to see if that works. There itā€™s showing the humidity and it is updating the value :slight_smile: But iā€™m using that one anymore.

Removed it from my old Homey and added it to the 2023 Homey and after adding and 1 repair itā€™s working for now. Will try the rest also this weekend.

But it still beeing strange that itā€™s not added right in the first try.

edit :
Iā€™ve tried it with an other problem sensor, at first I thought it was working after the repair at 20:08. Iā€™ve put both sensors outside at 20:13 to have a big temp and humidity difference. See the screenshot below. But the humidity from the yellow one isnā€™t updating :frowning:

Red new sensor, Yellow the old one. Itā€™s also weird that the new sensor updates the valueā€™s far more often then the old one. Any thoughts on this?

edit :
Itā€™s getting a bit strange. To test if the new sensor was working correctly iā€™d removed and added it again but this time without any success. No humidity, but then i added the other sensor after like 10/15 times repairing the humidity worked :smiley: . Unfortunately this morning the device left the zigbee network :frowning: .

Hi,

I have a Homey Pro 2023 and I am searching for a RFID scanner. I see some info about the KeyPad that can use RFID but can I have more RFID tags and is there a flow for. I donā€™t see any flows in Homey app website for RFID?

Img from internet

We decided not to implement a solution where the customers could turn off the siren alarm via a software command due to safety concerns. For the test - you could try to use a solution where you simply start the siren for 1-second duration.

From your descriptions, it seems like there is something wrong with your Zigbee network.

I could recommend resetting a Zigbee network from your Homey level, as it might optimize it again.

Hi.

The picture is correct, and it shows the current state of the deviceā€™s integration with Homey.

At the moment, weā€™re working on some major update that will introduce new features.

Can I ask what kind of RFID tags flows are you thinking about?

@frient Donā€™t know I want something on my keychain like the T5577 RFID 125 kHz key fob of something else what will be supported. I donā€™t have any RFID tag for now and will it buy later and want the best.

The Keypad supports multiple RFID tags which you can use for locking/unlocking the device and changing its state.

Nice I will wait for the big update before I buy a keypad. Love this idea to change things with a RFID

Iā€™m glad I found this thread.

I was just about to purchase 6 of Frient smart alarm for my house, but the lack of a software based off-switch is a show stopper for me. Especially when automated so all alarms go off if one detects smoke, I do not want to run around my house and put up a ladder to physically disable each alarm. Thatā€™s what I already do with my dumb (and cheap) smoke alarms.

Is there any plan to add this functionality?

If not, do any of you have tips on alternative brands of devices that can both be turned on and turned off via automations? Thanks!

Iā€™ve tried to solve it like this.
When an alarm goes off, let all other alarms alert 2seconds every 30 seconds.
The real-alarm keeps beeping, in the time the others donā€™t make noise you can hear where the ā€˜realā€™ alarm is comming from.

When the alarm is turned off, the timer is cleared and the others donā€™t alert anymore

As far as I know you can see in the app which alarm started, at least if you send messages to the timeline.

And If you send fire alert messages as push messages to your phone you donā€™t even have to open the app.