[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

I received the Homey Bridge today so I need to play with it but my guess is that the same IR signal will be send out from Homey Pro and Homey bridge at the same time, it will function as a repeater.

Edit: I tried and indeed Homey Bridge does nothing. First tried IR with Homey Pro which worked. The covered Homey Pro and then IR does not work. After setting up Homey Bridge next to (covered) Homey Pro, Homey Bridge did not send out anything.

Wrong guess

Homey Bridge can also act as a transmitter for your Infrared and 433 MHz devices. You can choose per-device whether to use Homey Pro itself, or one of your Homey Bridges as antenna.

1 Like

Exactly, see Edit of my previous post. Problem here is that the text says the device settings should be altered but I did not use a device for IR, just a Flow. Simply because my device is not in the Homey IR database.

Hi,

Will there be an update on this app for Homey Pro Early 2023?

Thanks.

Anyone has contact on @Remko ?

Hi guys, I also need an integration to Broadlink from Homey pro 2023. Why does it not work anymore? I need it because the Homey Pro is not able to learn 433 signals, and the broadlink device does. Would be even easier to enable the 433 ā€˜learnā€™ function again, wich I read was available in the previous Homey device of 2019? Why did that change?

1 Like

Is there anyone who has tried the version on GitHub that might work on the Homey Pro 2023?

Havenā€™t tried but seems reasonable, so should be workingā€¦ (havenā€™t tested myself).
I have also contacted original developer, eg. to publish it in the store but no answer unfortunately.
So the only way for you now is via CLI install.

1 Like

It seems like there really should be an app for Broadlink RM4 pro on the Homey pro 2023.

Could anyone make this or should we reach out to Broadlink perhaps?

I tried the version on GitHub and made an CLI install on my Homey Pro 2023.
I managed to get my RM Mini 3 to work - but you canā€™t change the names of the RC commands, but you can live with that, just note which is which.
As for my RM Pro, it got harder. Installed it as a Pro Plus (which the app wanted), then it was possible to save IR codes, but not use them (gets an error with something wrong in an array or whatever it was).
Changed the app settings to install what I want it to be (Compabillity Mode), well, finally an RM Pro - got the same problem. Finally, I tried selecting RM Mini 3 for my RM Pro - then it worked. But you cannot rename the RC commands, but you can create flows where you enter which RC sends which IR signal, and you can not use RF.

So with a lot of work I got it working decently, not perfect but enough to be able to use both the RM Mini 3 and the RM pro on my Homey Pro (2023)!

And then one can hope that a real app will appear in the future.

How to do a CLI install:

The app on GitHub:

2 Likes

Hi, I have already contacted broadlink and i get the following answer. You can also contact broadlink. Maybe when they are many requested they will maybe make the app.

upport support@ibroadlink.com 22 jan 2024, 08:56

aan mij

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting BroadLink.

Some users have managed to implement BroadLink products to Homey but it is a third-party plugin that is not officially supported and thus beyond our support.

We do not have information on how to use BroadLink devices Homey(though it may be possible), it is recommended to contact the Homey community for further information.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards

BroadLink International Support Team

Get Resources: Website | [Facebook](https://

!!! update !!!

FYI, I combined work of @Remko (who is unfortunately unresponsive on any of the available comm. channels) and SDK3 rewrite done by @fkmeland (who gave me permission for his rewrite to be reused :+1:), added some cleanups on top and as I do have RM3 Mini myself, at least for this one I have, hopefully, addressed some bugs, like inability to rename commands or when learning the command, the button did not respond to the command received, now it does. Iā€™m sure more polishing will be required but as I see people keep asking for it, hopefully some of you will appreciate.

fkmeland tried also to do update for RM4 Mini and Pro, however based on his statement, the authentication fails, so even itā€™s available, most probably will not work and I do not have this device myself - havenā€™t looked on it yet, maybe in next weeks, still feel free to send debugs whenever you try to interact with RM4.

That said, as it would be really pity to loose work of those two gentlemen, Iā€™m contacted Athom to revive that old/unmaintained app

Public statement for @Remko - while I re-submitted app under my name, ANY TIME feel free to join back and I will be more than happy to transfer it back !

Changelog : SDK3 update by fkmeland :+1:, RMx - fixed rename of stored commands, fixed reading of commands upon restart, removal of obsolete Node.JS modules, added Insights/device logs, added new sensor capability indicating device learning state, learn. button reflects current state of operations, improved logging, added titleFormatted and some others,

Depends on the activity and feedback, I plan to release it as ā€œnon betaā€ soon.

In case you would like to appreciate any of that effort so far, feel free to do so :wink:

@moderators, can you please transfer thread to me for maintenance purposes ? Thank you.

6 Likes

:arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

@Ben @Niklas70 @McFly @Patrick_Keijzers @Robin_Widhede @Loulou_Coco @Joe_T @Jan_Szafranski @Frank62 @Marco_Sacchi ā€¦etc.

Can you test the test and let me know about your experience ? I see itā€™s being silently installed but no feedback :wink:

My RM mini 3 fails to create with error: found another device: unknown (5F36)
Probably due to the fact that there are 2 models RM mini 3 and I have the last one. Also known as the red one.

The RM Pro Plus is created successful.
Learning commands is successful.
Creating flow and sending command gives an error in flow card:

RM3 mini (red) on Homey 2019 and flow error on Homey 2019 and Homey 2023, both on latest released firmware

1 Like

5F36 is the device id for the RM3 mini red (but te color is black :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: )

I had created my own broadlink app for this in older sdk3 and it worked well in the past.

1 Like

dc48b937-d31f-46a6-9592-95276b598a09

1 Like

Thatā€™s the ā€œfamousā€ one for which Community edition fork has been created ? :wink: Will have a look.

Update Can you please test version 3.1.2 ?

3.1.2 - Added 0x5F36 for RM3 Mini Red Bean edition

1 Like

Yes, I start to blush, the mini3 red is added as new device.

1 Like

Can you test 3.1.3 ?

3.1.3 - Fixes for RM Pro flow cards

Note for everyone - please when sending diag, do not forget to tick in the Broadlink app settings this setting and then start replicating problematic action/activity, you would like to capture in the logs

debug

De RM3 mini (red) is not learning, learning gives timeouts.

7dbe6cb3-943d-4814-bff8-ccff36f6a305

1 Like