[APP][Pro] Apple Find My

Apple Find My - One app to find it all.

This application allows you to track your Apple Devices in Homey. (Airtags are not supported)

Useful links

Usage

• Install this app on your Homey.
  • Login with your Apple ID
  • Add cards in your Flows
  • Done! :tada:

Example of app:

Supported Languages:

• :uk: English
  • :netherlands: Dutch
  • :denmark: Danish
  • :de: German
  • :es: Spanish
  • :it: Italian
  • :norway: Norwegian
  • :sweden: Swedish
  • :poland: Polish
  • :ru: Russian
  • :kr: Korean

Contributions
If you appreciate this app, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution
or buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi or Bunq.me

image ko-fiimage

:computer: Apps made by @martijnpoppen

See for more apps link below :point_down:t2: or just open the pull down.

8 Likes

Changelog

Live version and Test version

Changelog can be viewed on the app page.

How-to send a diagnostic report:

1. Via Homey Mobile app:

More - apps - Find My - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

1. Via Homey Webapp

Settings wheel bottom left - Select Find My - Click on send diagnostic report

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: Does this app work on my Homey?
A1: Homey Pro: YES
A2: Homey (Early 2016): YES
A3: Homey (Early 2018): YES
A4: Homey (Early 2019): YES
A5: Homey (Early 2023): YES
A6: Homey Cloud (Bridge): NO

Q2: Why can’t I pair my AirTags
A1: This app uses the same API as Find Devices - Apple iCloud. Therefore you can only track devices.

Q3: Can I connect multiple Apple ID’s?
A1: Yes! You can add as many as you want.
A2: If you have multiple devices connected to 1 account and if you connect these to Homey, Homey will make sure to only call icloud once for these devices.

Q4: I get emails that somebody logged in to my iCloud
A1: This app uses the same API as Find Devices - Apple iCloud. When you login there you’ll get a email as well.
A2: The app tries to re-use the session as much as possible, but sometimes it has to login again. Then you’ll get a email.
A3: You’ll also get a email when you restart Homey/this app. Then the app has to login again.
A4: Tip: Create a rule in your mailbox for these emails

Q5 I changed my password, do i need to update all my devices?
A1: No only repair 1 device connected to that account. Homey makes sure that all connected devices get updated as well

Q6 Can I get my location in a map/image?
A1: Not with this app, but there’s a nice app for that: https://homey.app/a/nl.lrvdlinden.mapmylocation/ → (Support)

Q7 Is my password stored in Homey?
A1 Yes, your login details are kept in Homey to make sure we can login again once the session expires.
The login is saved in the Device Store and also encrypted

Q8 The battery on my Apple devices is drained quicker
A1 Yes this was also discovered during testing. Due to calling the API everytime the location of your devices is requested.
Requesting a location from your phone is battery heavy.
To mitigate this you can make use of the set server interval flowcard. With this card you can reduce the calls and maybe turn it off at night for example:
Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 09.41.36

Q9 Why does this app work without 2FA?
A1 The Apple Find My website (Find Devices - Apple iCloud) is the only site which doesn’t require a 2FA. So with this app Homey only has access to Find My and can’t login to other services without a 2FA code.

Q10 How to change the interval
A1 There’s a interval flowcard on app level:

Hope there will be flow cards according Device is charging.
With those flow cards it will be very easy to set the “Sleep/Awake” status.
I know, this can already be done by Apple Shortcuts and Webhooks/“Start a flow”, or via a Smartplug, which I actually use and it’s 100 % reliable, but it’s an another possibility.

2 Likes

This is so rad, hope it works with high accuracy. Is there a way to beta test before approval?

1 Like

@DirkG small sneak peak in to the flowcards :wink:

Motion alarm is equal to the device started moving.

I’ll add more flows so you can compare locations your self. Like a 100 meter radius from the SuperMarket or arrived at work etc

4 Likes

@flaviuvlaicu not yet, I tried to get a approval today to set it out for beta test, but didn’t get it yet :confused:

I will love the App!

2 Likes

@DirkG Small disclaimer: see FAQ Q4 → [APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #4 by martijnpoppen

I hope the emails will be at a minimum, running the app right now with 2 Apple ID’s to test it :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

thanks, can’t wait to check it out, looks so cool. Have you tested the accuracy?

1 Like

@flaviuvlaicu its really good like I it can detect up to 5 meters accurately.

Only thing I’m wondering if this take a lot of battery. But let’s test that when it’s in beta

So after testing today I get the feeling that the battery of my iPhones drain quicker

This is a phone which I didn’t use today charged it and it is 83% right now. So it seems that the checks to FindMy is draining the battery quicker

The BETA can be tested! :smiley:

One thing i’ll add soon is the option to configure the interval of how often the server gets called.
This way you can prevent over communication with the server and the risk of draining your battery.

Please let me know any findings you have!

FYI : @DirkG @flaviuvlaicu

3 Likes

Thx! I will test some things and let you know if I recognize any problems.

Added some new features already: configurable interval, configurable radius, fixed Flowcards not triggering, added a new location Flowcard.

Will be there in the next test version

How can we test?

One, two, three… 404.

We’re sorry, but that page could not be found.

@Ad_van_Liempt test version is down again due to updates. We’ve to wait for Athom to approve the build

1 Like

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.0.3):

Changelog:

NEW
1. Official Release

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Find My - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

2 Likes

The link to the source code (on the app page) is broken :blush: