A message to all new Homey users

Hi new users!

Congratulations on receiving your new Homey! And also congratulations on finding this awesome community where you can find lots of information and help. You’ve probably waited quite a while since pre-ordering your brand new Homey Pro Early 2023 and can’t wait to try out all new cool things with it.

But then,… unfortunately you run into something that doesn’t work! Damn, you’ve waited so long and now the device you added doesn’t do what you want, what’s up with that? How can I get help and fix my problem. Hey, there’s a fancy Create Diagnostics Report in the apps settings, let’s push that and see what happens… Hmm, I have to type what doesn’t work, well duh, the device off course, so you type “The device doesn’t work” and Send the Report… And now the waiting begins. . . . . Look like you’re not getting an answer, Why doesn’t no-one respond when I sent in a Diagnostics Report?!?

Crap, Let’s try something new:thinking:I’ve downloaded the app from the App Store, let’s go there, Great Idea! Ah, great I can leave a Review there, let’s let the developer know his app doesn’t work and write a review saying my device doesn’t work!

Ok… So,… Now I’ve sent in a diagnostics report, left a review telling the app doesn’t and and the app’s developer still hasn’t contacted me WTF!

I don’t really think this situation applies to all new users, so don’t take it personal when this doesn’t apply to you, but please understand the frustration of the developers that are on the receiving side of the Diagnostics Reports and Reviews that say something doesn’t work.

Diagnostics Reports mostly have no context so are pretty much useless most of the time unless a developer has asked you to do something specific and next send I a report.
A review with a low rating and stating something doesn’t work isn’t also really helpful, first of all a developer has no way to get in contact with the person writing the review. Secondly, why leave a low rating when you can’t get something to work?

When you scroll just a little bit down you’ll find a link on how to get support, most of the times linking to a post here on the forum where you can find information about an app and read about things others have asked about this app and maybe find an indication on what might be causing the problems you are experiencing.

Please understand that the community developers are doing this in their spare time and at their own cost, show them a little respect by using the forum to communicate with them and get your problem fixed. Don’t send in Diagnostics Reports when you’re not asked to do so and don’t abuse the Review system in the App Store when you can’t get something to work.

25 Likes

The community also helps in your mother tongue. Please note the different categories sorted by language.

3 Likes

Additionally, I would like to encourage all new and old users to read and follow the following post:

3 Likes

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible in the generic categories,
then more people will be able to participate and help you.

If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories: (and mute the languages you don’t understand in your profile settings)

Dansk (Danish)
Deutsch (German)
Espanol (Spanish)
Fiński (Finnish)
Français (French)
Italiano (Italian)
Nederlands (Dutch)
Norsk (Norwegian)
Polskie (Polish)
Svenska (Swedish)

6 Likes