:exclamation: TIP:
Read the FAQ ā†’ [APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #4 by martijnpoppen

Changelog:

NEW
1. Official Release

FIXES
1. FIX: device not found error

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Find My - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Thanks @Flyto !

Real Quickā€¦ how do I log in within the Homey app?

@Anders_Vikkelso go to add device - click Find My - and you get a login prompt

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen

Installed the app, added devices but they donā€™t seem to update their status. Any thougths?

@Walter_vande_kerkhof please send a diagnostic report ā†’ [APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #3 by martijnpoppen

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.0.6):

Changelog:

NEW
1. Added a manual update flowcard - Changed interval card to global

More - apps - Find My - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Martijn, no offense or anything. I now notice that two devices are recognized. But my macs and watch for example are not.

I assume that I have to create a separate device for my wifeā€™s iPhone (which is listed here) with her apple id

@Ad_van_Liempt Sorry I donā€™t really get your question. What is the issue youā€™re facing?

Also check the FAQ. Thereā€™s also explained how it works with multiple apple IDā€™s and which devices are recognized: [APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #4 by martijnpoppen

what i mean; how do i get my mac there for example? It is in the overview (see the picture) but it does nothing.

@Ad_van_Liempt What do you mean with it does nothing?

Doesnā€™t matter by the way. If the mac mini is stolen it is without power and doesnā€™t work. And if the Macbook Air is out of the door it must first be connected to the WiFi.

For this we possibly have Apple find my device.

It is only useful for the devices on batteries, I was wrong sorry!

@Ad_van_Liempt Yes. This app just lists all device you have on Find Devices - Apple iCloud
Didnā€™t think about a MacMini, but i donā€™t think that will add much value to the Homey integration

1 Like

@martijnpoppen, unfortunately, the app really drains the battery of my iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Why is that? Appleā€™s own ā€œFind myā€ app needs significantly less battery. I guess the geolocation function will probably consume the most battery?
Is there a way to deactivate some features? For my MacBook for example, I need only the battery monitoring. Would that reduce the battery consumption in general?

@DirkG Yes thatā€™s what I already mentioned last week :confused:

Also see FAQ Q8: [APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #4 by martijnpoppen

The app uses the same API as Find Devices - Apple iCloud
So I fetch the device via that url. So it will always fetch geo + battery.

I would advise to take a look at the interval settings: [APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #30 by martijnpoppen

Edit: I found something to disable geolocation. Letā€™s see if that works

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 1.0.8):

Changelog:

NEW
1. Added a manual update flowcard - Changed interval card to global
2. NEW: disable location tracking FlowCard (save battery)
3. FIX: issue for non battery devices (battery status gave a error)

@DirkG can you try the test version? :slight_smile: :point_up:

Make sure to disabe geo tracking with the new flowcard