[APP][Pro] Apple Find My

I know, I just mentioned the battery consumption as confirmation.

How does this affect the “Home/Away” function? If I set the interval to 5 minutes, for example, then in worst case it will only recognize that I have left my home after 5 minutes?
I guess also this will affect all functions, does it? For example I start charging my iPhone, in worst case it will be recognized after 5 minutes?

This will deactivate location tracking from all devices, right?

How ever, I was looking for a way to read the charge status of my MacBook for a long time. This is now possible with your app.
Furthermore I already mentioned the option of a “Good night/Good morning” flow with the “Device charging” function instead of a SmartPlug.
These are two very nice functions that I will use.

Many thanks for the app, @martijnpoppen! :+1:t2:

1f61eff2-dee0-4696-abfd-1ac3a7fd8c21

@DirkG

Yes correct.

For now yes, I didn’t manage a device specific endpoint yet. It might be possible.

Yes that would be even better if i can manager a endpoint per device. To prevent crawling data from other devices. But maybe in the future

:pray:

1 Like

@Walter_vande_kerkhof i see updates. So what is not working?

Now they do. In parallel i reinstalled the app without deleting it. That seemed to do the trick

1 Like

Love this App :heart_eyes:
Thx!

1 Like

New app update (:green_square: LIVE: 1.0.8):

:exclamation: TIP:
Read the FAQ → [APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #4 by martijnpoppen

Changelog:

NEW
1. Added a manual update flowcard - Changed interval card to global
2. NEW: disable location tracking FlowCard (save battery)
3. FIX: issue for non battery devices (battery status gave a error)

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Find My - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Great app :slightly_smiling_face:. Someone who has tested which update interval optimizes the use of location tracking and battery usage to get a reasonable update interval and keep the most battery life. @martijnpoppen , the app hasn’t crashed after 1.0.8 as reported with 1.0.5 yesterday.

1 Like

@Espen_H1 Good to hear!

Can you share what you did with update interval? Maybe it’s useful for others :smiley:

Yes. I have observed that the default, 0.5 sec, is to battery demanding, as you also mentioned in the Q&A. I also think 2 minutes might be to often too. But I’ve turned off tracking as I have to gather some battery life history before I get to extend my tests.

1 Like

Is it possible for the Battery-State to also be displayed in the Device-View?

Running a Flow with the “Update-Device-Card” but nothing happens in the Device-View. Charging an Apple-Watch but the Device shows “No”-Charging. The Battery-Indicator on the Device-Tile is still red even though the Watch’s Battery is already 70% charged.

Can you elaborate? (maybe add a screenshot)

Please send a diagnostic report.

@CyberSponk Yeah would be possible. Did that for other apps aswel… Right now i just used what was provided by Athom

1 Like

Runnung the Flow for Update, waited 10 seconds and create the Report:
5f564fac-2f3a-4587-9642-d27aec12fb1f

@CyberSponk I already got multiple reports like this. however I don’t know the issue yet.
I’ll add some extra logging to the app, hoping it will make it a bit more clear.

Will create a new TEST version and let you know once you can test :slight_smile:

Ok. Thanks. :grinning:.

1 Like

When i log in with my credentials, im met with the loading screen and i cant get further, it just keeps loading! Any ideas?

@Bent_Ole_Davidsen Yes :slight_smile:[APP][Pro] Apple Find My - #3 by martijnpoppen

1 Like

2dc76711-b916-48b6-bc06-e31300820646

Thanks!

1 Like