[APP][Pro] MapMyLocation

mm_forum_banner

MapMyLocation for Homey
This app allows Homey to send location data to your favourite messaging app.

Currently has support for:

• :speech_balloon: Realtime notifications
  • :speech_balloon: Tokens: Location Image URL, Location on Google Maps, Google Maps Route (driving, walking, transit and bicycling), Apple Maps Route.
  • :world_map: Send your self route links (Google Maps or Apple Maps) to navigate directly to the location.

Download in the Homey App Store!

:gear: For using Image URLs, please create a Google Maps Static Apikey and place it in your actions cards. The apikey is free up to 28,000+ images per month (for correct numbers check Google itself) despite having to provide payment details.

Example flow

:speech_balloon: Supported languages:

• :us: English
  • :netherlands: Dutch

Encountering any issues? Help us help you by sending a detailed report via the mobile Homey app.

More - apps - MapMyLocation - settings wheel top right - send diagnostic report (include your email and issues in the input field for better assistance)

:warning: Important Notice: MapMyLocation Utilizes Google Maps Static API for Images!

Please note that MapMyLocation uses the Google Maps Static API to generate location images. To ensure uninterrupted service, you’ll need to create your own API key through the Google Developers Console.

:link: Create your Google Maps Static API key here: Google Maps Static API Key

Once you’ve obtained your API key, simply enter it in the MapMyLocation settings to continue enjoying the app’s features without any interruptions.

Thank you for using MapMyLocation!

:computer: Apps made by @LRvdLinden

See for more apps link below 👇🏻 or just open the pull down.

Contribution

If you appreciate this app, fuel future development with a PayPal contribution, buy a round with iDeal or Bunq.me, or become a true supporter on Patreon. Your support keeps the magic alive! :sparkles::rocket:

3 Likes

Ben benieuwd :slight_smile:

1 Like

:sparkles: Update 1.0.6

New test version!

NEW

• At the request of @martijnpoppen Various action cards combined, to reduce the total to the minimum.

Download the new version in the Homey App Store!

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - MapMyLocation - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email and issues in the input field to make it easier)

1 Like

:sparkles: Update 1.0.8

New live version!

NEW

• At the request of @martijnpoppen Various action cards combined, to reduce the total to the minimum.
  • Added Map types (terrain, satellite, hybrid and roadmap) to custom image actions cards.

FIX

• Spaces in street and city names.

More - apps - MapMyLocation - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email and issues in the input field to make it easier)

1 Like

De app ziet er veel belovende uit.
Nu heb ik een apikey aangemaakt en krijg ook een notificatie.
Echter zit er geen plaatje bij maar alleen een url in de notificatie.

I reply in English, since this is an English topic. To receive the image, you need an action card from a messaging service that supports image via url. Like Telegram in the example below. Currently, I am still working on an image tag.

1 Like

Do you happen to have an example of how I can do this.
I have the telegram app, but I don’t understand how I get the url in the telegram app from your app. Will this become a variable?

use the token: Location Image URL

I have created the flow below.
However, I only receive a notification from Homey with a URL in it?

Its allreay working.
Saving the flow was the sollution

1 Like

That is the best part of a flow. :wink:

Small tip. Create a text variable and put your apikey in here.
As I did in also in my flow example.

Ths for the tip.
Is it normal that i get and the telegram app notification and a notification from Homey it self?

Somewhere you have a double flow

Is the image only working with Telegram? I don’t get the right tags’s when I use Homey push message or Signal message

No with all messenger service that support image url. Homey push only support image tags.

Hi,
First of all thank you for this app.
Some new features look awsome and would like to see it. Unfortunately I don’t seem to be able to find version 1.0.9.
I tried the test url, but only find version 1.0.8.
What did i miss?
Cheers,
Eric

Sorry for the confusion. Latest version is 1.0.8.

1 Like

:sparkles: Update 1.0.9

New test version!

FIX

• Minor bug fix

I have a question, is it possible to make such a flow that when you leave the house in a given time interval, the way to work is checked and the time is given, e.g. in the notification?