[APP] Official Tuya App for Homey

1 Like

that I already read, but waiting something from homey

I see. But this is a user forum.
Maybe addressing your post to @Doekse or send it to homey.app/support is clearer for everyone?

1 Like

I see that ur very active, probably to active, try and chill out.

The question was right after @Doekse comment,

Then you will probably wait for ever. Athom official integrations never supported unofficial way of connections. Yours only chance is with community integrations as Peter, who is the most helpful person here for hundreds of users, already mentioned and unfortunately wasted his time.

1 Like

What’s unofficial about supporting Zigbee devices? Athom’s “official” IKEA app also supports Zigbee devices.

You are right Robert, I missed that one…is there any other?
What I meant, they prefer very often official way of integration compared to unofficial way of integrations / without API or where there isn’t community version yet.

1 Like
  • Trust Smart Home (Zigbee)
  • The Ring app pretends to be the Ring Android app, which doesn’t suggest is uses an official API
  • The Dyson app also pretends to be some other device
  • I think the Rituals app doesn’t use an official API

And that’s probably not all of them.

That’s absolutely correct. While we occasionally resort to using reverse-engineered APIs, this is typically only when there is significant demand from the community and we have been unable to engage the brand directly. A good example is Amazon Ring. Fortunately, we are now in contact with Amazon and are working towards making the integration official. In my opinion, a smart home ecosystem truly thrives when brands collaborate to enhance the user experience, rather than working in isolation.

When it comes to protocols like Z-Wave and Zigbee, they are generally open to the public, which allows us to integrate products even without formal partnerships with specific brands.

Regarding an official Tuya Zigbee integration, I believe @johan_bendz has covered it well. We’re eager to develop an official version of the app, but the challenge lies in the sheer number of devices—each with potentially unique behavior. While implementing more generic device capabilities might help, it wouldn’t fully address the issue. Many Tuya Zigbee devices use custom clusters that aren’t supported out of the box. Instead, we’re focusing on collaborating with Johan to ensure a seamless user experience for these devices.

And no @robertklep, we do have official partnerships with both Trust and Rituals :wink:

2 Likes

An official partnership suggests that Athom may get access to official documentation, instead of having to rely on reverse-engineering that a community dev needs to do.

1 Like

If you are asking about access to Tuya’s Zigbee documentation, that’s not something we currently have. Our partnership with Tuya specifically focuses on their cloud API, which is a significant part of their revenue model.

At this time, we do not have access to their Zigbee documentation, but we of course hope this might change in the future.

1 Like

I think that’s why people are asking for an official Tuya Zigbee app from Athom, the idea that because of your official partnership with Tuya you’ll be privy to such documentation (and/or an “official list of devices”, which obviously doesn’t exist).

1 Like

Could not agree more. Until then, I am happy with the progress so far! With the “official” app I can control some lights way better than with the community app

Aw so sour. Poor lad.

So, how’s that different from the info I pointed you to, @Alex069
Have a nice day Alex guy! Love you :kiss::kiss::kiss:

1 Like

Thanks for all the clearification, @Doekse.
If @johan_bendz covered it well, what about his following statement?

He’s not the only developer who addressed this, but so far Athom hasn’t been very generous giving information about this… :wink:

I am using this awesome app for 6 plugs that are Tuja platform compatible.
I added them to the Tuya app and they are discoverable (since the 1.2.1 update).
I can control the devices with Homey and if I restart the Tuya app the measurements are updated. However there is no status or measurement update while the app is running.
I created a github issue, it was confirmed there that indeed they are not receiving any events from my devices in their webhook proxy service. Since I am the only one to have this issue its a low prio.

The Homey integrations is listed in my authorized list.

So I am trying this forum, I hope someone can give me a hint why my devices dont work while others do. I tried the Tuya developers platform and I see them work there. Also in the Tuya app the measurements are updated as expected.

Is there something I can do about this?

Sour Cherry maybe @Peter_Kawa ,

In regards of the info, I already had it, but keeping in mind that “Official TUYA” is actually should be called “Official TUYA Wifi”.

It’s been a couple of weeks, probably even months in terms of “official”, and I also understand @johan_bendz from his perspective, Athom should take the app, make @johan_bendz a supervisor and allocate some resources in order to fullfill as much as possible.

Most of Tuya devices, have same capabilities, the issue that I identifed is the fact that the model/id are different and they just need to add them in the main app.

Same here. No such option in advance settings.

Hi.

I installed the Tuya app to my homey and added a heater. The app is controlling the radiator, however, is is displaying an error with the temperature: it is showing a temperature 10x higher. (E.g. 200°C instead of 20°C). There was a code I used to add on homebridge and Hoobs to fix this, however, I am unable to find how to fix this on homey. Any suggestions/ fixes out there please?

Thank you

1 Like